Originally Posted by Shambo
I think your uniform fetish is getting out of hand PJ. Police aren't allowed to be memebers of the BNP. Racist police aren't a good thing.

"A Merseyside Police misconduct panel has dismissed Constable Steve Bettley after concluding he had knowingly been a member of the British National Party from March 2007 and up to March 2008."

"The panel determined that Pc Bettley's membership of the BNP is a clear breach of lawful orders and police regulations as the party's views are incompatible with the duties and values of the Police Service."

Now that's just common sense. Nothing to do with 'bloody do gooders ruining the country', 'yoghurt weaving liberals' or 'political correctness gone mad'. Bye bye PC Bettley you racist scumbag. hi

I don't have a "uniform fetish" at all. Just because I rarely say anything bad about the Police, it does not constitute a "fetish" - I just happen to think they do a damn good job in $hitty circumstances!!

There is no clear evidence that he was a member
The spokeswoman added: "In determining their findings, the panel confirmed there was no evidence that Pc Bettley had ever displayed any racist views or discriminatory behaviour in the workplace.

Merseyside Police Federation, which represented Pc Bettley at the misconduct hearings, said he accepted his name was on the BNP list but he denied being a member of the party.

He said he was enrolled in the party by a family member without his knowledge and he planned to appeal against the dismissal.

A spokesman for Merseyside Police Federation said: "We are disappointed with the finding and sanction of the misconduct panel and do not believe that there is any evidence presented to the panel which would indicate that he was knowingly a member of the BNP."

Unless they find the application form that is in HIS handwriting and signed BY HIM then there is no clear cut proof!!

And to call him a "racist scumbag" beggars belief IMO. I have stated in previous conversations along this line that I agree with SOME of the stuff in the BNP Manifesto - does that make ME a "racist scumbag" too???

I have read all the main partys' manifestos and can pick bits out of all of them that I agree with. It doesn't mean I support all the partys. It just means that I can digest and form an opinion about them, albeit a personal one.

Sometimes Police Officers give more than just speeding tickets!

It�s hard to be fit as a fiddle when you�re shaped like a cello!