Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,364
Posts1,033,327
Members14,584
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
6 members (2 invisible), 12,836 guests, and 966 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,791
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Bunny, Stacey2007, PrimordialPoet, Rinchen, AGC12
14,584 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by tomstevens - 21st Apr 2010 4:53pm
The History of Wallasey Village
by PaulWirral - 1st Jul 2009 6:03pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
lincle 4
Topic Replies
Wanted Gardener
by dodie - 24th Apr 2024 1:09pm
Plymyard House
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:49pm
Hi to everyone
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:39pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 2:58pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 2:36pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
Two of mine also, but I think perhaps it was because we were not on topic, we veered off ever so slightly. I was just trying to lighten the atmosphere - crashed and burned!!

This "debate" can continue ad infinitum, the fact remains that Mr Malpas has been judged in Court, the outcome of which is that he was cleared of the charges.

I very much doubt that will be the end of it for Mr Malpas, as previously stated, as he will most probably now end up facing a Tribunal for a breach of the Police Code of Conduct. Mr Allen, however, can walk away and get on with his life.

Sometimes Police Officers give more than just speeding tickets!

It�s hard to be fit as a fiddle when you�re shaped like a cello!
Google Ads
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
wow omg

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Putin khuilo
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by Shambo
Beemertastic you might think I'm very much mistaken but despite your passionate defence of your colleague, you haven't said anything to make me change my mind on this subject. Way to close ranks though, I wouldn't have expected anything less.

Your assertion that Mr Malpus must have been sober because police officers aren't allowed to travel free on the trains when they're drunk is quite funny. I have to laugh because otherwise I'd be annoyed that you think I was stupid enough to accept that as an acceptable reason to belive Mr Malpus had to be sober.

That he punched Mr Allen in the face only one doesn't make that any more acceptable than twice or three times. Again I think you're insistance on emphasising it was just the one punch in the face shows an appaling attitude towards the public in general. Are you allowed to give villans the one dig in the face? No you are not.

Lets look at this 'pre emptive' thing. Mr Malpus gave Mr Allen ten seconds to 'fook off' or he warned him he would be arrested. Arrested for what? Talking to an off duty police officer on a train? Possesion of a bottle of vodka that could potentially be used as a weapon? Looking like a wrong'un? Telling him "I don't like Bizzies"? Mr Malpus can give whatever reason he wants at this point to justify his 'pre emptive' strike. Mr Malpus is a 36 year old, six foot three, experienced police officer who was was 'intimidated' by a pissed 20 year old. No matter what way I run this I can't help but think Mr Malpus over reacted.

If he was 'spooked' by this kid and lashed out at him that would seem a perfectly human explanation, especially if he had been drinking. That he then decided to arrest Mr Malpus for starting a fight would clearly be a perversion of justice. Whilst Mr Malpus was placing Mr Allen under arrest he was being told by the witnesses who came forward and made statements later that, "you can't do that".

Questions were asked about Mr Malpus conduct that needed to be answered. The alternative would be no checks or measures for police conduct. It certainly doesn't sound like a waste of taxpayers money to me. I'm a tax paying model citizen and I'm glad this happened. The court decided that these witnesses weren't close enough to the incident to disprove Mr Malpus version of events, so the case was dismissed.

I'll say it again, if I had been intimidated on a train and decided to make a 'pre-emptive' strike, nobody would be taking my word for the matter. Especially if, at a later date, several witnesses felt the need to state they though I was being overly aggressive. That was the reason for the investigation was it not?..that several witnesses felt compelled to make statements to the transport police with regard Mr Malpus aggressive behaviour?

There is obviously no way that I can prove or disprove either persons version of events, but from all the information I've been able to gather I am definitly of the opinion that PC Malpus can consider himself lucky not to have been convicted.

Its nothing to do with closing ranks...had I felt he was out of order or had acted in such a manner that was unlawful...I wouldnt have defended him.
That comment I take a great deal of offence to...as my personal integrity is everything to me. To even suggest that I would "close ranks" for such a matter is indeed odieous to me.

Case in point...at crown court this very moment there is a Police Officer on a charge (amongst other) of drink driving.
I would like to think he will be found guilty (as i know the job) and hope they throw the book at him...and he WILL loose his job deservedly.
Going back to malpas...he wasnt drunk...fact....nothing to do with wether he used his warrant card etc...i was merely pointing out he was sober!
There was nothing to suggest even that Malpas was drunk....this is merely a erroneous bit of reporting that im challenging!!

I just happen to have my facts straight..and from a source direct...unlike yourself.

As for the single punch...if you knew anything about law..you would understand the significance of such a point with regard to reasonable force.
A single punch is far more reasonable in the eyes of the law than repeated punches/kicks/strikes when it has had the desired effect of incapacitating someone. Nothing to do with giving villans a "dig in the face" I would suggest.

As for anything ive said not changing your mind on the subject you demonstrate such a lack of comprehension with regard to the most basic points of law raised in this debate that it beggars belief that you feel able and suitably qualified to comment as you do....

Further to this whilst it is a free country...and having such a justice system as we do that permits and postively encourages freedom of speech.
A such I am permitted to voice my opinion..and you to voice yours.

However I feel that when your "opinion" is based on erroneous facts I have no choice but to challenge it.

Mustang
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
still agree with shambo!because ive never seen a copper be violent to anyone honest!

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Ok Beemer, I have seen you speak for and against in the past so I will take your word for PC Malpas especially as you are so adamant this time.

I was arguing because I disagree on principle that anybody is allowed to use a punishment that not even a Judge and Jury can dish out.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
the problem is,if i hit someone (me being 6 ft 1 and 15 stone)smaller than me the police would laugh in my face if i said i felt intimidated!

H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
Not neccessarily Dave! Just because you are tall and not "weedy" doesn't mean that you are unable to be intimidated! I'm not a small lass and have a gob on me sometimes, but put me in certain situations and maybe I would feel intimidated too. I'd give you an example but it's not something I would be willing to put on a public forum.

Each case is judged upon its individual merit and set of circumstances.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
like the time a copper hit my knee wit a stick for chasin a lad that had jus bottled me?yeah they are always great the police!there are some great police officers though, i know from experience,that have done me some amazing favours.but then there is always one that ruins the whole perception of the police in general!

H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
I know 4 coppers - 2 are very good friends whom I trust with my life, 1 is a mate but hardly speak now as he is down south.

The other is an ex (never off duty and would shop his own Nan) who warned me about some items I posess and said he would "overlook" them as long as they were not here when he next came round! Hence he is an ex raftl

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by PaganJay
I know 4 coppers - 2 are very good friends whom I trust with my life, 1 is a mate but hardly speak now as he is down south.

The other is an ex (never off duty and would shop his own Nan) who warned me about some items I posess and said he would "overlook" them as long as they were not here when he next came round! Hence he is an ex raftl

LoL.That`s the thing about coppers as they don`t switch off,even when they are out having a drink.They still like to procure thier authorisaton upon you.For christ sakes guys let your hair down.a job is an 8-12 hr day thing.Jees.

Last edited by Dava2479; 1st Mar 2009 2:57am.
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
The ex was the only one like that so far Dava. Unfortunately, they are not really "allowed" to switch off. Same with Paramedics, Nurses, Doctors etc. Comes with the job I'm afraid. Although we were always told never to disclose that you were a Nurse, only a First Aider - less risk of a Law Suit if you crack a rib during CPR for example!!

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Comes with the job I'm afraid.

Yeah,I have to agree really"thinking about it".After all it is these people we call upon in times of help and mercy.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Im the first to admit it..i really have extreme difficulty "switching off"...and even when I go on holiday...it takes me 3-4 days to switch off properly...it drives the missus nuts.

By the nature of the job you become hyper-aware of your surroundings,peoples mannerisms,clothing,actions,attitude and you notice obscure little details...all the time.

You cant afford to switch off or let your guard down...for that is all it takes for a situation to get out of control/a minor error at 100mph+ and things go tits up very very quickly...and thats when colleagues or yourself gets hurt...or even worse.
Ive seen it happen..and done it myself...and suffered the consequences!

its exhausting to be honest...and noticing everything...all of the time....isnt always a good thing!!

The job isnt a mon-fri 9-5 job...its a vocation...you either love it or hate it...but its in your system...and you cant just switch off at the end of a day....

and like you said..it comes with the job...

Mustang
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Wanted Gardener
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
For Sale & Free
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Wanted Gardener
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
News : New Topics
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
Car paint jobs
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,592 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,890 Spotted!