WikiWirral Online with you since 2003, fantastic.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
10 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 8,027 guests, and 431 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#286517 24th Jan 2009 11:50pm
_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
More than five million viewers tuned in to watch Jonathan Ross's return to TV following his three-month suspension by the BBC, early figures show.

At its peak, 5.1m people saw the star interview Hollywood actor Tom Cruise on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross.

Ross's last chat show in October before his suspension was watched by 3.74m.

Meanwhile, the star said it was "very nice to be back" as he returned to his Saturday morning Radio 2 show after the Andrew Sachs lewd phone call row.

Ross resumed hosting his BBC One chat show on Friday with the words: "So, where were we?" and apologised again for the incident.

He added: "Welcome to our millions of regular viewers and to our several thousand new viewers who I suspect may be watching for the very first time."

Speaking on his radio show about his TV return, Ross said: "It was nice to be able to go out at the beginning and say sorry to people because I said sorry beforehand, but that message didn't seem to have got out there.

"I got the feeling the newspapers hadn't actually heard it, even though some of them printed it, so it was nice to go out there and get the chance to get that off my chest," he added.

During the show, the star said it felt "peculiar" not working over Christmas and thanked the presenters who sat in for him while he was away.

Ross was joined in the studio by presenter Graham Norton, comedian Katy Brand and Mercury Music Prize winners, Elbow.

On his TV show, the presenter told the audience it was "a great privilege" to be "allowed this level of freedom to communicate", adding he would be "more aware of the responsibility" now.

"But, as the kids say, it was 'my bad' so I do apologise for any hurt or distress it’s caused," he said.

The BBC received 25 complaints on Friday from viewers unhappy at Ross's return to the BBC and three messages in support for the presenter.

In Brand's Radio 2 show in October, Ross and Brand left obscene messages on Sachs's answerphone claiming Brand had slept with the actor's granddaughter, Georgina Baillie.

After more than 42,000 people complained, BBC bosses carried out a review and suspended Ross without pay for three months.

Brand issued a public apology and resigned from his BBC show.

Google Ads
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I fwink he`s a
thwerp

And a pwick laugh

bananadance bananadance bananadance

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Putin khuilo
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Perthonaly I can not thtand the 2 of them.There again only the BBC will pay untalented comedians thuch ath thethe 2 idioths.

_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
i think he is excellent boohoo funny guy :)my opinion.

_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
Russell Brand is even better...my opinion smile

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Nah mate,difference of opinion I think.

_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
Jonathan Ross returns to Radio Two with sick jokes about sex with a pensioner

Jonathan Ross risked the wrath of BBC executives on his return to Radio 2 yesterday by making crude remarks about sleeping with an 80-year-old woman.

Ten minutes after the live show began, Ross and his co-presenter Andy Davies talked about how they had spent the past three months, when Ross was suspended from the BBC.

Davies said that he had been doing some DIY at his house in Spain, and referred to an ‘older woman’ who lives nearby who ‘keeps trying to kiss me...she must be about 80, I reckon’.

Ross replied: ‘Oh God. I think you should, just for charity. Give her one last night, will you? One last night before the grave. Would it kill you?’

It also became clear yesterday that in the 35 hours between Ross’s Friday-night BBC1 chat show being recorded and broadcast, executives carefully edited the content to ensure the controversial host put across an appropriate balance of contrition and wit.

Ross was suspended without his £6million-a-year salary after he and comedian Russell Brand left obscene messages on the answerphone of
78-year-old actor Andrew Sachs during Brand’s Radio 2 show in October.

Last night Conservative MP Philip Davies, who sits on the Commons Culture Select Committee, said of his remarks about the elderly woman: ‘Everyone knows what Jonathan Ross is like, particularly now.

'Certainly the BBC are well aware. If you employ Ross, this is what you can expect from him and this is what you’ll always get from him. My view is that he should have been sacked three months ago.’

John Beyer, director of pressure group Mediawatch UK, said: ‘It’s ultimately for BBC director-general Mark Thompson to say whether this sort of innuendo and suggestion is what he had in mind when he gave Jonathan Ross his last chance back in October. The BBC has to establish boundaries of acceptability.’

Ross arrived at the Radio 2 studios in Central London yesterday wearing sunglasses and a dark three-piece suit with brown leather cuffs. He carried a messenger bag by designer label Prada, costing about £210.

During his three-hour programme, he appeared to make light of the controversial subject of teenage girls – including his daughter – watching men kiss each other.

As he interviewed fellow BBC presenter Graham Norton, who is starring in a West End adaptation of gay comedy La Cage Aux Folles, Ross said that his daughter, who is 16, was ‘very much into gay culture generally’.

He added: ‘I think, like lots of young girls, she likes seeing boys kissing, for some reason. They love seeing boys kissing.’

Sounding surprised, Norton asked: ‘Really?’

Ross said: ‘Yeah. It’s the big thing, Graham.’

A BBC spokesman said it had received 18 complaints about the show. And a further 166 people have protested to the BBC about Ross being chosen to present the Bafta awards next month.

In a statement, the BBC said: ‘Some viewers are unhappy that Jonathan Ross will be presenting this year’s Baftas. This will be his third year presenting the awards, and the decision to use him as the host was taken long before his suspension.’

BBC1 executives cut several crude remarks from his Friday-night chat show before it was broadcast.

The studio audience heard Ross tell his guest Tom Cruise, in response to the actor’s admission of a hectic schedule: ‘You should get yourself suspended. Russell Brand is in town tonight. Let’s go out in town and get suspended.’

Ross made several other references to Brand during the recording, and images of Brand appeared on screens, but his name or face were not deemed fit to appear in the version that was broadcast.

One audience member said: ‘I was amazed when I walked into the studio to see a huge screen suspended above the stage showing Jonathan Ross interviewing Russell Brand.

THE MAIL

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by _Ste_
I fwink he`s a
thwerp

And a pwick laugh

bananadance bananadance bananadance
Originally Posted by Dava2479
Perthonaly I can not thtand the 2 of them.There again only the BBC will pay untalented comedians thuch ath thethe 2 idioths.

withthat thumbsup

Originally Posted by _jase_
Russell Brand is even better...my opinion smile

Noooo far from, hes a top KNOB thumbsdown

Autowirral.co.uk - The Northwest's Biggest forum of Motoring Enthusiasts.
Cruisewirral.com - The Northwest's Biggest forum of Modified Car Enthusiasts.

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am