Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
7 members (3 invisible), 8,791 guests, and 428 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by Morseman
Originally Posted by Sanchez
agreed, every job has its difficulties, the above are some of the extreem conditions you hear about, the average day of a postie is pretty easy, and the only responsibilities they have are to put a letter through the right door. wow so hard.

try being a solider, you hear them moaning, but about real things like.....I need a gun and ammo if you want me to kill !

sack the pricks and be done with them, its getting dull now them strikin all the time.

Whoa there boy. I've been both soldier and postman so don't try to tell me what it is all about! Have you?

What he`s trying to say is every job has its downside!
Now if you don`t like what you do in your job, leave! Simple snob

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Putin khuilo
Google Ads
Addict
Addict
Originally Posted by _Ste_
agreed, every job has its difficulties, the above are some of the extreem conditions you hear about, the average day of a postie is pretty easy, and the only responsibilities they have are to put a letter through the right door. wow so hard.

try being a solider, you hear them moaning, but about real things like.....I need a gun and ammo if you want me to kill !

sack the pricks and be done with them, its getting dull now them strikin all the time.

Whoa there boy. I've been both soldier and postman so don't try to tell me what it is all about! Have you?

What he`s trying to say is every job has its downside!
Now if you don`t like what you do in your job, leave! Simple snob

Hang on, this is what we were told in the eighties. Trouble was that we were unskilled workers doing our best but being crapped on all the time. Where exactly would you have us working?

Will someone please answer the question about have you done the job? Plenty of people making comments usually with very bad spelling and grammar but no one admitting they have done it.

A challenge:- Meet me face to face and tell me how easy being a postman or soldier is! Bet none of you commenting have done either! PM now!

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Chill out new member, it aint advisable to speak in such manner! raftl

Get to know people. Each person has their own opinion.

Answer his damn question.

No i aint been a postie
Niether a soldier.

Your point is?

Putin khuilo
Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
Originally Posted by MattLFC

Sack the fooking lot of them I say, I know tonnes of people who would LOVE to have their jobs right now.

yes MEE!!!!!!

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I didnt know we were all here to cry about how hard our job is; I really feel for you Morseman; you put yourself in them jobs, and if you didnt like them, that's not our fault.

There are plenty of soldiers and postmen who enjoy their jobs, especially soldiers who arnt serving. Funny, most of them go into the army, with the idea of sitting on their arses for 25 years, getting paid handsomely, and walking away with a comfortable pension. They are in shell-shock, when they realise they actually might have to go to war once in a while!!

I dont get why the fook people get job's/careers, that they know they are going to hate, then cry about it and look for the sympathy vote.

I may not be a postman, but I have run my own business for over 6 years now, and I have a decent understanding of economics, how businesses work etc (ive needed to, else I would'nt still be in business), and I base my opinions on this. Oh, and the fact that the postal workers strike every 5 minutes when they don't like a decision, spit their dummies out and cry like babies. And at the end of the day, not one of them has the brains to realise that EVERY TIME THEY DO THIS, THEY PUT MORE JOBS ON THE LINE BY LOSING THE ROYAL MAIL MORE CUSTOM!!

Morseman, keep crying about how tough it was being a postman and a soldier, but don't expect that everyone will agree with you. I could say my job is tough, up all hours of the night fixing servers located hundreds, thousands of miles away, all from the command line, working for days without sleep (3 days without sleep over Xmas 2005, try that), but I chose this job, and to be honest, I enjoy it greatly.

As Toto say's, so what if we have not been in either line of work, what is the point you are trying to make? We are not all 300 year old men on here surprisingly...

As for your point about spelling and grammar, quite what that has to do with anything I am not sure, most soldier's I know, are school drop outs, and postmen, well the Royal Mail will take anyone who is happy to do the job, even immigrants who can barely speak fluent English, so don't come on here trying to offend people for their spelling and grammar and trying to insinuate that you are somehow better than we are.

You were in two dead end job's, one plagued by scallies who have no other option in life, the other is available to just about any man or woman who want's to do it, hardly the best job's in the world, hows about that?

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Besides, I delivered the Scout post for a few years on the run, when I was a lad. It was'nt Royal, but it was sure postman style baby!!

tease

AlfaHolic
Forum Veteran
AlfaHolic
Forum Veteran
I do find it funny that the Royl mail constantly go on strike. it really must be the worst quality postal service, seconded only by something in Zimbabwe (Which is just a guess, Zimbabwe for all we know could have an immaculate postal system)

However, I do agree that it can be a hard job. My Job as a Motorsport mechanic is also hard, but its something I truly enjoy. Ive worked my ass off my whole life so far to get to the position I want. 11 plus, Grammar School, Sixth Form, University. Granted I know a lot of people dont have the same academic skills as others, but if someone doesnt enjoy a job, then they should think about what they do want, and go about trying to do something about it.

As for the Army? I always saw the Army as the place that the idiots and chavs went into, with the academic people in the Navy and RAF. HOWEVER.... I no longer believe that tosh, because I have some friends in the army, and I know how hard, difficult and challenging it is, so I have the greatest respect for ANYONE who joins the armed forces.

Unless your a skinhead chav who couldnt be bothered with getting a job etc...

Last edited by Mi_Craig; 13th Dec 2008 1:40am. Reason: Hate Chavs

[Linked Image]

------------------------------------------------------------
Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran

cant say i have, I aint been a postie because there is no job challenge, cant be in the army because of diabeties (although i want to), so If you have been on both side's here it would be interesting to see why the postal service have the right to strike over a few colleges gettin fired (that they dont even know) and the army dont over lack of equiptment. at least those pussy whipped postie's get,as miss guidded pointed out pussy trollies and coats for the winter, a lift to their allocated road etc etc, the list goes on.

Uncertainty or not knowing causes depression, Im happy because I know I'm going to die one day!
Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
and as for meeting you face to face to tell you how hard bein a postie is I'd rather drop you a letter 'in the post' expect it some time next year though as i belive there is a strike over a trivial matter happening smile

Uncertainty or not knowing causes depression, Im happy because I know I'm going to die one day!
Addict
Addict
Typical internet warriors. Let's all gang up on someone. It is fairly obvious that there are a lot of young people on here with no experience of life, working or otherwise so there is not much point in debating the point any further.

Matt I doubt very much whether you run a business as you seem to spend most of your time on here and you are only a child. My youngest is older than you.

One last thing. A good friend of mine from the Wirral had his head blown off fighting in the Falklands war. You can read about him (assuming you read books?) in "The green eyed boys". He was a real hero whose actions won the battle when the officer in charge lost it. Please don't insult his memory by belittling the forces because most if not all of you haven't the guts to join. Medical reasons excepted of course.

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
No ones ganging up on you old timer, everyones just expressing their views on the matter.

We are not enemies on here, most people are respectable citizens, maybe you should move your ass and come meet us someday then you will have some retrospective view of what we are all like.

smile

Putin khuilo
Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
Morseman I dont think its anything against you mate. Its a debate.

Unfortunatly for you Matt does run a successful internet business hence his ability to be on here all the bloody time tease

im 50/50 on this topic, I'd snap up there jobs in no time if given the chance. Its christmas and people need the money.

_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
looks like i picked a good topic this time raftl glad to see all your opinion on this. Morseman as wheels said its nothink against you mate Its a debate everyone has a opinion. thats what the forum is about. yes if you dont like it dont log on thumbsup

Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
Typical internet warriors. Let's all gang up on someone. It is fairly obvious that there are a lot of young people on here with no experience of life, working or otherwise so there is not much point in debating the point any further.

Being a self employed builder mate, I can assure you I have many a life experience, dealing with shitty customers, and thiefing labourers, and other so called trades men. Workin in the cold and the dirt , with dangerious tools that are cold to handle. You dont see me goin on strike.............

The hole point of this thread is for opinions about them stiking, you know what my, and the majority of other peoples opinions is here, just because you dissagree there is no need to go on the rampage and start offering people out.

And no one is bad mouthing the army, I was saying that they are well with in their rights to strike over their hash conditions........the posties arn't.

AlfaHolic
Forum Veteran
AlfaHolic
Forum Veteran

One last thing. A good friend of mine from the Wirral had his head blown off fighting in the Falklands war. You can read about him (assuming you read books?) in "The green eyed boys". He was a real hero whose actions won the battle when the officer in charge lost it. Please don't insult his memory by belittling the forces because most if not all of you haven't the guts to join. Medical reasons excepted of course.

No-one once in this thread has said anything negative about the Armed Forces. They are something to be very very proud of. Unlike the Postal Service. Which profession did you prefer btw Morseman, Armed Forces or mailman?

[Linked Image]

------------------------------------------------------------
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am