WikiWirral yrs online 24/7 365 days a year.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
9 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 8,070 guests, and 433 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#268603 10th Nov 2008 5:29pm
Addict
OP Offline
Addict
Walking back from Liscard today I noticed the man from the corner shop looking at one of those phone booth/advertising things on the corner of Martins lane and Liscard road.

Some clown had written in large black felt tip the words "Londis Paki Shop" with an arrow pointing towards his shop. I felt very ashamed to see this.

I despair sometimes because not only is this racist but the family that run it are really nice pleasant people. Obviously the moron that wrote it hasn't got a clue because he/she can't tell the difference between a Pakistani and a Sikh. Not that it makes any difference but this family are Sikhs.

Don't you love the way these racists feel all superior to ethnic minorities yet most of them can barely string a sentence together and certainly don't know their history. If they did, they would find that hundreds of thousands of Indians fought for this country in both world wars. Yes Sikhs, Hindus and Muslims. Perhaps if they did read about them then they would be a bit more careful of who they are picking on because the Sikhs especially were tough terrific fighters.

I doubt any of them are likely to read things like this because they can't read but it makes me feel better to get it off my chest.

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Google Ads
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Yeah it pisses me off too as soon as someone see's a person who has a skin tone from the Middle East and surrounding area's, they call them a "paki".

Wise One
Wise One
For shame...despicable behaviour. There's more of it about than I'd like to admit. I heard some terrible things said in the pub yesterday, all in a jokey kinda way, but I wasn't laughing. I had a quiet word with the landlord about it and he just seemed to shrug it off. I ain't going back in there again. no

Wiki Guide
Wiki Guide
They sprayed 'Paki' on a shop shutter blind on Cleveland street (the red shop). Can't people just let things be? There are still some very torn up people who just can't accept things.

"C20 LET bang"
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
im in no way agreeing with this kind of stuff but in the press this last week or so there have been two cases of immigrants living in houses that are worth £1 million or more with ridiculous rent,all bein payed for by us mugs!alot of people who come here from war torn countries work hard and give something back but some jus take the p**s!!! meanwhile when tax credit people came out to see if we were entitled to any help with the rent,they said we were payin too much!(£500 pm central liscard)wish i was foreign!!!

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
I'm not a racist - but what does bug me a bit, is the fact that they come into our country and complain about it! They can get jobs easier than we can. I dont agree with the vandalism....but i do think there are some things that aint right.

[Linked Image]
Nikki Abbo! wink Life isnt a practise,you have to get it right first time! smile
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Dont forget though that ot only do the press sensationalize stories about and persecute muslims (in the same way as theydid the jews in the early 1900's which led to the rise of Nazi-ism - see the channel 4 dispatches documentary from a few months ago - anyone who buys the Sun after seeing that should be fully ashamed of themselves, the editor was almost praising racism and inciting violence against Muslims in an interview) but there are a LOT of scrounging morons who are british blooded (if that is a term that can be used) and are no use to society (ie. repeat criminals, baghead etc) and they get all the privaledges in life, for being the way they are.

Some immigrants take the absolute pi$$ although most, as you say, are hard working, but a LOT higher ratio British non-ethnic minority citizens are just the lowest of the low ... imho.

Needless to say however, they need to stop immigration for a few years at least, as there is no jobs for our own people never mind anyone else (and im not someone who has ever been out and out against immigration because I understand and praise the advantages it brings, I just see the economy in tatters and thousands of redundancies everyday 2200 at Virgin yday, 4000 at BT today, 400 at JCB today etc).

Awesome
Wiki Master
Awesome
Wiki Master
My uncle is from Chile (which is in South America) and while his lads were growing up they were sometimes called 'paki' by idiots who lived nearby.

I am not sure I can agree with the veiled sentiment of 'coming to our country stealing all our jobs'. Don't forget that for every honest hard-working overseas person who works in this country there is a lump of tax coming out of their wages in the just same way it does from us. So while anyone from another country is working honestly here they are contributing to our economy. What I cannot agree with is people who come from other countries because they think they will have a better life here, then spend all their time doing illegal work and so NOT contributing. That is where there is a difference. You cannot put a Special Registrar (senior medical doctor) from somewhere in Asia (India/Pakistan etc) in the same classification as someone who comes here to cheat the system by doing work without paying into the system (labourer/cockler/cannabis farm grower). One contributes, the other does not.

At the end of the day if someone from another country is more qualified to do a job than someone here I say good luck to them. It means the job market is a very competitive place, which in some fields is a good thing. Wouldn't you rather be treated for cancer by an overseas doctor who has advanced training in oncology than a doctor who was born and bred in this country who has not got as good a training?

Rant over.

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
I suppose in the days of the British empire, we went to all their countries, told them that we were in charge, built our churches took all their money, got them to fight for us in wars and killed all who opposed.

The british are the biggest hypocrits in the world and i suppose we deserve to have people coming over here taking our Jobs and women.

[Linked Image]
I am a signature virus, copy me into your signature to help me spread.
AlfaHolic
Forum Veteran
AlfaHolic
Forum Veteran
Dont agree with that, we shouldnt be punished because of what people did years ago. if that was the case, then Germany should still be punished for being Nazis !!!!

Come on, grow up now. The minority of people in britain ruin it for the others, and its nearly always them who complain about ethnic minority's stealing jobs etc etc...

In saying that however, I know a lot of ethnic minoritys here in Preston...who deal drugs etc etc...perfect example... I saw a young lad before (Cant have been older than 25) driving a Rolls Royce Phantom Soft Top thing....

Explain that ??

[Linked Image]

------------------------------------------------------------
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by Mi_Craig
I saw a young lad before (Cant have been older than 25) driving a Rolls Royce Phantom Soft Top thing....

Explain that ??

Could easily be a daddys boy, chauffer, working/worked in the city etc, dont mean he deals drugs.

But I know what you mean about them type of people; having said that though, there was a man by where my sister used to live. New houses but in Birkenhead, not an amazing area, he was about 24, renting and him and his missus where proud of the fact they were on the dole/child benefit etc, and yet they owned a brand new Lexus, a 2 yr old Subaru and a 1 year old Range Rover.

Of course alarm bells where ringing, but the police didnt bother ringing the bell when they entered 3 times.

With the cars outside, these drug dealers dont half make it obvious/raise suspicion sometimes.

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Dont agree with that, we shouldnt be punished because of what people did years ago.

Well, i suppose in a way that is what alot of people complain about, people coming over to britain and demanding mousques and not living to the british way of life, it is only what we did to them. Suppose it is pay back time lol

In saying that however, I know a lot of ethnic minoritys here in Preston...who deal drugs etc etc...perfect example... I saw a young lad before (Cant have been older than 25) driving a Rolls Royce Phantom Soft Top thing....

Explain that ??

Half the problem, and the reason why so many British people are so racist, is because there is some big fat white man whoose head is so up his own arse coming up with ideas and laws that make white people hate the minorities. EG, if everyone has the same rights, why should someone be guaranteed a job/interview based on the colour of their skin. Isn't that giving them preferential treatment?

It is ok for black people to be racist about white, but not ok for white people to be racist? Friend of mine was told, of the record, that they would of got more benefits if they were black.

I do not class myself to be a racist, but i do believe in fairness, if i see someone getting more than me just based on the colour of their skin, then that is obviously going to make me bitter about it.

[Linked Image]
I am a signature virus, copy me into your signature to help me spread.
Wiki Guide
Wiki Guide
If you don't want foreigners taking all our jobs, get off the benefits and get yourself in work. And stop reading The Sun and The Daily Mail.

"C20 LET bang"
Beginner
Beginner
One of the most divisive things in society at the moment is being asked all the time about your ethnic background so that you can be positively discriminated against, I can't even be English on most of these forms they produce (my family invaded here in 1066). I don't class myself as racists at all, I've been around the block a few times and seen how the poor in other countries have to live, people are people no matter where they come from and there is good and bad everywhere. As for jolly Johnny Foreigner stealing my job. I don't think so, that's down to our Scottish government. (that's racists isn't it, sorry jock.).

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
It's interesting really when you think of ethnicity, I know you usually have to sign on application forms and such that the information provided is correct, but what really is to stop you filling in that you're asian/black etc on a form?

It'd be interesting to see how often things like that don't get picked up.

It's ironic as well for me talking about racism, I work quite closely with India as part of my job and we encounter alot of racism when speaking to customers due to it. They always preface it with "I'm not racist, but...".

It's suprising how much a change in accent can alter the way people deal with you.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am