The Queen's Arms Hotel is pictured from Ingesture Road c.1910 when the publican was Alfred Corbett. Storeton Road is to the right, Rose Mount to the left and the cottages on the left are in Newburn's Lane.
The hotel dates back to at least 1853 when the Queen's Arms hotel of Oxton Hill, who's proprietor then was Thomas Hughes, advertised on 3rd September in the Birkenhead Advertiser:"The above house is situated in the most healthy part of Cheshire and commands views of Cumberland, North Channel, Liverpool, etc etc, and is therefore well worthy the attention of invalids and pleasure parties, who will find every accommodation at moderate charges. Choice wines and spirits, home-brewed ales in draught or bottles. Good Stabling and Lock-up Coach-houses. Beds well aired - Havanna Cigars"
- The Northwest's Biggest forum of Motoring Enthusiasts.Cruisewirral.com
- The Northwest's Biggest forum of Modified Car Enthusiasts.