The Provincial Motor Cab Company premisis are pictured on the opposite side of Duke Street to Park Station, on the corner of Beckwith Street.
The business had been built on short distance trips to and from Park Station. By the time this photograph was taken in 1914, the company was also offering, in this pre-charabanc period, private touring cars with special terms for tours to North Wales, the lake district and the Yorkshire Moors. Some of their taxis and motor cars, with magnificent headlamps, are seen together with their drivers and mechanics.
The garage building was destroyed by bombing in 1941 but was rebuilt and continued as a garage until 1986 when Royal Extrusions moved in.