Ive decided to start this one as i'm being harassed for a debt that is no longer mine and i'm increasingly
getting peed off with the letters and the phone calls i'm making to them.
In my instance i have a Debt being chased from 10 years ago
where it was human error on there part that caused it.
But now that Debt has been sold onto an agency.
So now there king of the hill with there horrible attitudes,
and everyone is guilty.
There were a few things ive learned about my case.
1) Debts die after 6 years and are unenforceable unless by DEED (eg a mortgage).
2) When a company sells on the debt the information can go with them.
So even though a debt agency knows that my debt is over 6 years
there still prepared to chase me and hound me for it.
Great that, no wonder they weren't interested in court when i mentioned it.
I called the loan company direct after a google,
and they have no records of me, and then the agency told me
that they wont, because the information (if any) comes with it.
But in previous calls they said they were contacting the loan
company to see if they would wave the debt? Lier's !!!
They don't have nor can they provide details (break down) of the debt.
So i got looking for the original company.
And i came across a site purely by accident trying to track
down the company i took the loan with. And on this consumer
site it has templates for debt situations.
* Letter A - Ask your creditors to hold action on your account
* Letter B - Ask your creditors to accept pro rata offers of payment on your debts
* Letter C - Ask your creditors to accept a token payment or no payment on your debts
* Letter D - When a creditor refuses your offer of payment
* Letter E - When a creditor refuses to freeze interest on your account
* Letter F - When a creditor has turned down an offer of payment, interest is still being added, and you want the creditor to take you to court.
* Letter G - When creditors have turned down an offer of payment, interest is still being added but you donít want to go to court
* Letter H - When a creditor asks you to agree to a voluntary charge against your home
* Letter I - Request for a stay of execution in the High Court
* Letter J - Full and final settlement for any debt
* Letter K - Ask creditors to write off the debt due to your circumstances
* Letter L - Ask your creditors to reconsider if they refuse to write off the debt
* Letter M - Dispute your liability for a debt where a creditor has not contacted you for over six years
* Letter N - Ask your creditor for a copy of your credit agreement under the Consumer Credit Act 1974
* Letter O - Mortgage shortfalls: Breakdown of balance owed
* Letter P - Mortgage shortfalls: Please write off the debt
* Letter Q - Mortgage shortfalls: Full and final settlement letter
* Letter R - Mortgage shortfalls: Lender should not pursue under CML policy
* Letter S - Inform your creditor that you are terminating your hire purchase/conditional Sale
If there is something that may help you in that list
take a look, i'm sure it will help.
That's how i came across the 6 year clause.
There must be many more sites that can help and offer advice
so if you come arcross any please post as you never know
when you or a friend may need that help.
My in formation comes from www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk
I hope that helps, i'm sending off my letter tomorrow