Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,280
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
12 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 7,926 guests, and 465 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 21st Mar 2024 9:27am
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#180033 17th Oct 2007 4:29pm
jonah Offline OP
Forum Guardian
OP Offline
Forum Guardian
Originally Posted by MattLFC
You make a decision in life, a decision to have kids, and they know what problems etc that decision brings with it for the next 16+ years. A disabled person doesnt have that choice and should have a parking space specifically for them.

Personally, I dont see why couples have to take kids anyway, if there is a danger of them "running all over the car park", the kids should not be out shopping as they are the ones who run all over the shop floor too, and piss everyone off.

But still, why should a couple with kids have preference over everyone else, including in many cases, disabled people? Its nothing to do with sfaety, its for the big supermarkets to attract more families into shopping with them.

Id never park in a disabled space on principal (okay I may do at 2am but never during normal hours lets put it that way), I dont give a toss about parent and child spaces. If they want more space, they can just park down the back of car parks, or visit at a less busy time.

Parents get everything nowadays, imho, everyone should be treated equally and fairly, whether we have kids or not. Disabled people are at a non-chosen disadvantage in many situation and therefore should have a right to park closer to the shops.

Thats one thing that pisses me off though,

pull ur head out ur ass matty, one day, if ur ever lucky enough to have kids, then you'll appreciate how annoying it is when some tosser or pair of tossers if its a couple park in a bay for parents and children when they have no kids or none with them...

The majority of the time we have to take kids with us as we have no other option, and why the hell should we go at less busy times.. wot we supposed to do, wait til after the kids have gone to bed and leave them alone in the house sleepin....its only inconsiderate 'singles' and childless couples with ridiculous pig headed opinions like this... And why should we park at the far end of the car park.... so it makes life easier for the people who think they're above everyone else... if i go shopping on my own then i park in a normal space, not a child one....

its called consideration for other people, mad

rant over

[Linked Image]
http://www.myspace.com/jonah1974
[email protected]

"WELL MY NUTS ARE HALFWAY UP MY ASS, BUT OTHER THAN THAT I'M PERFECT.....! "
Google Ads
jonah Offline OP
Forum Guardian
OP Offline
Forum Guardian
more of mattys word of wisdom on the parent/child parking spaces......when photographed in a p&c bay at a supermarket..

[Linked Image]

Lol to be fair it was at 8pm or summit. If people wanna take their kids shopping at 8pm then they must be insane. I particuarly dont clash with using parent spaces as I avoid going when there are kids and toddlers running wild.

I enjoy shopping when its nice and quiet and one can browse at a leasiurely pace without kids getting in the way and causing mischief and shouting and crying and basically causing general havoc. I think under 10's should be banned from supermarkets and shopping area's unless in prams/buggys or on reins.

if u enjoy shopping when its nice and quiet, then u go in the middle of the night and let us normal people with families shop at decent hours..

[Linked Image]
[email protected]

Wiki Master
Online Happy
Wiki Master
I remember a time when it was just parking lol.

And when the Disabled at First and then the Child Parent parking
came along i was well miffed as i had to park and walk further.
But that was so long ago now.

Now i'm happy to do the extra walk.
I do think there a good idea, and they must be a great help
to parents.

I remember this topic omg

[Linked Image]

Clicky

All i would say is i don't mind them any more.
I'm seeing parts of car parks i didn't know existed.

People will always abuse them (Parking Spaces )and think there better than
everyone else, as we have seen numerous times on TV.

jonah Offline OP
Forum Guardian
OP Offline
Forum Guardian
Originally Posted by Mark

And we see and hear it on these forums too mark...

[Linked Image]
[email protected]

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by Mark
I remember a time when it was just parking lol.

And when the Disabled at First and then the Child Parent parking
came along i was well miffed as i had to park and walk further.
But that was so long ago now.

Now i'm happy to do the extra walk.
I do think there a good idea, and they must be a great help
to parents.

I remember this topic omg

[Linked Image]

Clicky

All i would say is i don't mind them any more.
I'm seeing parts of car parks i didn't know existed.

er hate to be the one to point out..thats a CSI vehicle..not an operational Police vehicle...still doesnt excuse it though parking in a disabled bay...

Mustang
Forum Master
Forum Master
LOL

Smartchild
Smartchild
i have a few random moments where i park where i want, some times over several spaces (but only when no-ones about). 90% of the time i do consider others and park in correct spaces. if i'm just poping in for a minute or if i can't be arse walking, then the nearest to the door is stu's space, no argument........

[Linked Image]
always looking for those bigger bunches of bananas!
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by turbo_stu
if i'm just poping in for a minute or if i can't be arse walking, then the nearest to the door is stu's space, no argument........

Lol grin

I dont give a toss what people think, parents get everything nowadays, if you dont have kids, you are considered by the labour government to be somehow a second class citizen and a non-priority in the scheme of things.

I have the same right to park outside a shop as a person with kids does, as I say, the disabled dont have a choice, they have a difficult time without asking for it... jeeze parents nowadays, WTF did you do before parent and child spaces, what do you do when they are full (bearing in mind there arnt many of em anyway), you do the same as the 80% of people who have kids and dont manage to get in one, or what people did before these spaces existed, and you just effin get on with it.

Why do parents think that because they have kids, they somehow deserve special treatment, why do they think that they are above everyone else and everyone who doesnt have kids should make way for them.

Dont you go shopping if there arnt any parent and child parking spaces available Jonah, do you honestly just drive home and wait till there are... because what do you do in a normal space, you just get on with it, its never bothered you before they started parent and child spaces, its shouldnt be a hassle now, or am I missing something, has modern day shopping suddenly become too hard on the molly coddled and nanny statified parents?

Im not having a go at you directly, I just dont see why parents should have preference over anyone else. I know people who are disabled but not registered as such (thanks to Labours pathetic disability system), and have difficulty sometimes using car parks, but they dont get any preferential treatment, they just get on with life and park a bit further away where the car park has more space.

smile

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
BTW, I dont go out of my way to park in Parent and Child spaces, more often then not I cba with the mad rush at my local Tesco's (Bidston), so to avoid the "dogfight" for spaces nearest the Tesco, I just park down the bottom of the car park and walk up instead.

But if I spot a parent and child space not being used, I dont think twice about using it.

I reguarly look after my 4 yr old niece and sometimes a friends 1yr old lad, and often go to Tesco with them (when I have my car I visit Tesco most days). And very rarely get in a parent and child space, but I dont have any problems using a normal space, or parking further away...

smile

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
This aint about parents getting everything. Its about a business who wants to make a profit. They are concerntrating on there main consumers and the main consumers are people with a family (mums etc). Have a look at the adverts on supermarkets they are all aimed at family's with kids.

Take a look at this one from asda for example:
http://www.visit4info.com/details.cfm?adid=20790

Sharon Osbourne clearly says:
"can make a difference to the tough old world of being a mum"

How much do you spend Matty in Tesco? (my guess £20-£30)
I would say family's spend around £70-£100+

At the end of the day they have to feed to kids wink and businesses want their money!

Easy access for parents mean better quality service and better quality service means recommendations and recommendations means more customers.

I mean at the asda in brombourough ther aint a problem, becuase all the disabled, parent and child spaces are on the far right at the very front and on the far left is the ordinary spaces also at the front. so its both equal smile

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I generally tend to do my shopping a bit later at night, the store is generally quieter, and If parents have their kids out at the time I go shopping, they have more to worry about than me parking in one of their bays smile

Like Pomp said though, its aimed at where the supermarkets get their customers, and making parking closer, easier access bays attract the customers with childeren and make it easier. If I do go shopping earlier it common courtesy not to use them - I know if I had kids, Id appreciate being able to use those spaces...

If nothing else, it helps stop car park rash from doors being opened on your car..

Last edited by StuyMac; 18th Oct 2007 8:49am.

What If There Were No Hypothetical Questions?
Wiki Master
Online Happy
Wiki Master
Wow Pomp Really good reply.
Yeh i would agree with you 100% on that one.

Its the Stores that make these places,
and if i was a parent i would be glad that those spaces
were available. It can even make the difference to where
some mums and dads shop.

I don't use them, because i keep thinking Watch Dog
will jump out the bushes or North West Tonight on another Drive lol

Why do parents think that because they have kids, they somehow deserve special treatment, why do they think that they are above everyone else and everyone who doesn't have kids should make way for them.
smile

I have a feeling you will be in the minority with that statement.
I don't know which families you know but the families i know don't think there above the rest at all.
Nor do they think they deserve special treatment either.
As pomp says its the stores that offer the service for cars with children.

jonah Offline OP
Forum Guardian
OP Offline
Forum Guardian
Originally Posted by turbo_stu
if i'm just poping in for a minute or if i can't be arse walking, then the nearest to the door is stu's space, no argument........

Lol grin

I dont give a toss what people think, parents get everything nowadays, if you dont have kids, you are considered by the labour government to be somehow a second class citizen and a non-priority in the scheme of things.

I have the same right to park outside a shop as a person with kids does, as I say, the disabled dont have a choice, they have a difficult time without asking for it... jeeze parents nowadays, WTF did you do before parent and child spaces, what do you do when they are full (bearing in mind there arnt many of em anyway), you do the same as the 80% of people who have kids and dont manage to get in one, or what people did before these spaces existed, and you just effin get on with it.

Why do parents think that because they have kids, they somehow deserve special treatment, why do they think that they are above everyone else and everyone who doesnt have kids should make way for them.

Dont you go shopping if there arnt any parent and child parking spaces available Jonah, do you honestly just drive home and wait till there are... because what do you do in a normal space, you just get on with it, its never bothered you before they started parent and child spaces, its shouldnt be a hassle now, or am I missing something, has modern day shopping suddenly become too hard on the molly coddled and nanny statified parents?

Im not having a go at you directly, I just dont see why parents should have preference over anyone else. I know people who are disabled but not registered as such (thanks to Labours pathetic disability system), and have difficulty sometimes using car parks, but they dont get any preferential treatment, they just get on with life and park a bit further away where the car park has more space.

smile

a lot of people dont give a toss wot u think either matt, but ur opinion is forced on us time and again.. Parents dont get everything matt, far from it, ur more likely to get more if ur an immigrant, but thats not the issue...Yeh u are just as entitled to park outside a shop as anyone else, even parents, but parent spaces are there to make life and shopping that little bit easier for parents who have to take the kids with them to shop...they're not out to persecute childless people at all, they just realise that its more difficult for us to shop and that we need a bit more space to get kids in and out the car..before these spaces existed, i had no problem because i never had kids... how old do u think iam. i dont think i deserve special treatment or i am above eveyone else, its about consideration, which is something u dont seem to have for anyone else, yet u expect it from others. If there are no spaces then i will park anywhere,not drive home and wait, but i'll try and get as close as i can to make things easier than pushing a full trolley and my kids across a busy car park where idiots drive round like a race track.. its just aboutr consideration matt

[Linked Image]
[email protected]

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I pointed the fact that its the supermarkets wanting more custom from families earlier on I do believe:

Its nothing to do with sfaety, its for the big supermarkets to attract more families into shopping with them.

Anyone who honestly thinks the supermarkets do anything to help people needs their heads testing lol, as they are 100% switched on to getting every last penny out of you (not just Tesco or Asda either, they are all the same).

As ive said, I dont go out of my way to park in a p+c space (although I know a lot people that do, simply because they wont walk), and its very rare I actually do, I prefer to park further away and walk the distance to avoid the dogfight for spaces and waiting around for people at the front of car parks, but if I happen to see one empty I will use it.

And to be honest and fair to kids, its not actually the kids that I see walking across the car park lanes in front of traffic, its usually adults lol.

If the supermarkets really cared that much, they would have pathways going along the supermark, which to an extent they do, but people prefer to use the road a lot of the time, and also they dont have too many pathways as that means less spaces.

In Tesco in Bidston for instance, when I park in the second car park or the overflow, I get the luxury of s LOT more space, easier access to spaces, no dogfight, and a pathway that leads all the way into Tesco, which diminshes the argument for the need and help of p+c spaces. Families wont use that out of a choice however (they will if they are forced to, ie the car park is jam packed), I assume because its a bit further to walk, so I think there are two sides to this story and I believe that p+c spaces arnt the only option for families to have an "easier" and more pleasent shop, and are put there to make supermarkets look "parent and child" friendly to get more custom.

smile

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
It must be Tesco's becuase i have jst been to brombourough Asda just then and had a front row parking
and it aint parents and child space or disabled.

Thing is to get to the Asda takes me 5-7min and urs only 2min from where you live so you should
be made up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am