Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,361
Posts1,033,315
Members14,578
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
5 members (1 invisible), 9,848 guests, and 412 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
PaulRobson, meolswanderer, Firminafirm, YesterYearGenea, Luke121
14,578 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 6:55pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
Topic Replies
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by diggingdeeper - 14th Apr 2024 2:42pm
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 13th Apr 2024 3:35pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 10th Apr 2024 11:00pm
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Abakumss - 8th Apr 2024 9:04am
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by casper - 6th Apr 2024 9:09am
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
MattLFC Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Mark, you are chatting shite as always... for starters the referee isnt a sportmans... and secondly, how does a referee losing all respect because he made two HUGE mistakes during a football game, have anything to do with someones career success?

Yeah I call loads of players names, I dont like any Man Utd players simply because they play for Utd.

But, I have the greatest of respect for the likes of Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs, Matt Busby, Sir Alex.

I might not like them, but I certainly respect them and recognise what they achieved and how they changed the game.

I also have a respect for the success Man Utd have had over the last 15 years, nobody could ever argue with it.

Im afraid, neither of you seem to have any idea what sport is about. Its NOT always about winning. You are glory grabbers and fickle as fook if you think absolutely everything is about winning or your not interested and the team/player is therefore shite. The aim is to win everything, in practice though it never happens for any team or sportsman.

FFS, Liverpool havent delivered the ONE thing I, and every other fan wants them to for 17 years... there has been many bad years over the last decade, but we dont just stop supporting them, we dont become ashamed to wear our shirts, we simply support them no matter and show respect even when a manager or a player doesnt deliver.

Every fan I know still loves Roy Evans, even though he was nigh on useless as a manager.

Sport also isnt about a single championship or title. Yes, we Liverpool fans want the league back, but we dont forget about the team just because they never win it. They arnt always playing shite, just because the table shows there is a better team. They are one of the best teams in the world, but the simple fact of the matter is, there are even better teams out there.

Sport is also about watching two opponents enterain you by going head to head in a game.

Not everyone can be number 1, but then you probably wouldnt understand that as you will have never supported anyone who isnt number 1.

Google Ads
MattLFC Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Oh... remind me when the last time England were 4th in the world in Football exactly?? Hmmm 1997 iirc, they are 12th atm, so I take you wont be supporting them.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
R U having a bad Hairman day ?

As i know how to support people and sportsman so you need to think twice about what your posting as your wrong with those statements and accusations.

How am i talking shite?
You ask the majority of people and they will tell you henman was crap, in just the same context as us...

The British want winners and if we don't get them then there always loosers. Jesus when Henman got knocked out of wimbeldon in the early stages the commentators were the first to say were going to have to rename that hill..

And your always the first to cast an opinion so accept that me and andy think Henman is crap.

And possibly mad if he had a bone wasting disease and continued to play tennis, i think he needs his head looking at.

I think because we are older we know alot more about respect Matty so you dont have to point that one out too us.

I think your just having a Bad Hairman day and it will pass loll

Was Henman Crap
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 21st Aug 2007 7:19pm
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Oh... remind me when the last time England were 4th in the world in Football exactly?? Hmmm 1997 iirc, they are 12th atm, so I take you wont be supporting them.
Is following and supporting the same thing? As i follow them only for the fact i want them to win like the rest of England. I cant afford to support them they keep going to other countries.

MattLFC Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Jeeze its useless trying to talk to you.

You obviously have no respect for anyone, you probably have no self-respect, but then why would you as nobody respects people who cant show respect for other people, especially when these people havent done anything of any significance in their lives either.

This isnt about whether or not he was crap, and he certainly wasnt "crap" as you like to put it. This is about saying goodbye, showing some respect to a sporting legend.

Gary McAllister is a sporting legend, but what exaclty did he do other then when he was at Livepool and playing well in the season we won the treble.

Its easy for you to belittle the achievements of others, especially when you have achevieved so little in you own life.

With the recent death of Tony Wilson, there has been a lot of talk of him. He is a guy who never always agreed with or supported/followed certain people, but always had the utmost respect from everyone within the industries he worked.

He died relatively poor man considering what he did, but he died with the utmost dignity and respect from just about everyone in the industry.

And just because you are older means nothing. It comes back to this again, as it always does with you Mark, because you know so little and its the only argument you can defend your shite with.

So thanks for taking this thread, and trying to make a mockery of someone who has achieved so much and done so much for this country, but you efforts are totally laughable, and anyone with any sense will see this.

When you make a success of your own life/career, come back and let us know about it. Until then, have respect for the people that do.

Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
wow, i cant belive you cant have an opinion thats suits yours mat with out gettin upset mate. you need to chill, take some time off the court, have some straw berries and cream, any wat - advantage mark !

Uncertainty or not knowing causes depression, Im happy because I know I'm going to die one day!
MattLFC Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Its not opinions that you are hvaing though. Its the fact you cant have any respect for him as an athlete, as a British athlete, as someone who has done so much for the sport, as someone who has achieved so much against all the odds.

No matter what the opinion of him, you could at least show some respect.

This thread isnt about his latest performance, his next tournament, whether he is crap or not, its about his retirement, a bit of an appreciation thread where no matter how you see his ability, you can just say things like Waddi, yeah he wasnt the best and he didnt win anything like we wanted him to, but he tried his very best every time.

Im sure that behind the smoke screen you are sitting there and thinking, yeah I dont think much of him as a player, but he was a great athlete and did his best, whilst under a lot of public pressure being the only real British contender of his generation.

smile

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
i do think he is a great athlete and he has got loads more people in to tennis and got kids playing it which has got to be good just a shame he could not do what so many fans wanted and win a major championship

[Linked Image]
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Its easy for you to belittle the achievements of others, especially when you have achevieved so little in you own life.
Now now Matty. Your the first to belittle peeps.

If i had ever played Tennis and realised how hard it is to play over a game or what ever then yes i would have respect for a person because i have something as a guide or a gauge.

As it happens i have only played for fun and had a laugh,
so i cant really respect something i have no reference too?

I have played football for 90mins and i was dead, i understand that you get knackard running from one end to the other.
And you legs go all giggly too and you can miss an open goal.

So i have respect for footballers that can and do score goals as its somthing ive done, and missed a sitter.

So its easy right or wrong for me to sit and say Henman was crap,
because i have no scope for judging the achivements he has.

Take your comments about lewis hamilton,
did you take into account his achivements before he got to F1?
Another Jenson Button, a load of fuss made about him cos he's British, and will turn out to be the usual failiure.

smile

So if you can defend Henman you can also explain your comments about Lewis Hamilton and share where your respect is and why you didnt show it.

Dont be piping off about respect when you can not give it,
to others let them be sportsman or just members.

Give respect to others and you will get it in return.

The following i find very disrespect full and wish you would
refrain from talking about stuff you dont know about and thats me.

You are the type of people who would have a sore arm and stay at home because of it rather then train multiple hours every single day and fight the pain to do the thing you love.

Yeh what ever lol

You obviously have no respect for anyone, you probably have no self-respect, but then why would you as nobody respects people who cant show respect for other people, especially when these people havent done anything of any significance in their lives either.
Pretty strong stuff there matty but i'm sure i have achived more than you, and got more out of life than you.

Please think about the comments you make as your only making yourself look foolish to everyone with statements like that at the age of 21 years lol...

Matty your having a Hairman Day face it.

Sorry i cant show the respect you want me to about henman but as explained above, i dont play tennis so i cant respect the effort or should i lie?

Please dont post personal insults to fellow members.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Wtf?
Er Calm down guys omg

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Putin khuilo
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by sanchez
wow, i cant belive you cant have an opinion thats suits yours mat with out gettin upset mate. you need to chill, take some time off the court, have some straw berries and cream, any wat - advantage mark !

raftl quality

Autowirral.co.uk - The Northwest's Biggest forum of Motoring Enthusiasts.
Cruisewirral.com - The Northwest's Biggest forum of Modified Car Enthusiasts.
Smartchild
Smartchild
sportsmen, they all get paid way too much anyway! can't stand watching any type of sport really, football - crap, tennis - crap. i can appreciate skill and dedication.

other than that its all bollocks!

don't mind abit of touring cars now and then, can watch abit of the extreme sports, like skateboarding, mtb, downhill, trials etc.

[Linked Image]
always looking for those bigger bunches of bananas!
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
chill chill chill

Like I have said earlier, He win 20 tournements in his career, which is great achievement for anyone.

Unfortunatly he never won a grand slam such as Wimbledon which is the only tennis event that the majority of the britsh public, including myself, follow. therefore leading to the common opinion that he was crap.

but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

[Linked Image]
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
I keep catching this subject in the coner of my eye and reading:

"Heman to announce re"(turn)

I thought they were bringing back the master of the universe and the power of greyskull.

[Linked Image]
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
COME ON TIM! clap

Autowirral.co.uk - The Northwest's Biggest forum of Motoring Enthusiasts.
Cruisewirral.com - The Northwest's Biggest forum of Modified Car Enthusiasts.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 8:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 3:37pm
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
Wirral waters
by casper - 2nd Apr 2024 11:32am
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 11:52am
News : New Topics
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Car paint jobs
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 9:04am
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,221 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,308 Spotted!