WikiWirral is where great friendships are made.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,347
Posts1,033,259
Members14,550
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
9 members (3 invisible), 10,094 guests, and 611 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
JohnC, Luke2307, jharwood, TamTam, mrbigglesworth
14,550 Registered Users
New General Forums
Do we need Trident?
by derekdwc - 20th Jan 2016 1:11pm
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
Looking for Joneses
by Markjon88 - 11th Apr 2019 7:06am
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 15
casper 14
bri445 4
Topic Replies
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:20pm
Gaza
by granny - 15th Mar 2024 10:13pm
Get your Money Tree ready
by StellaSimmons - 11th Mar 2024 11:50am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by bri445 - 4th Mar 2024 5:54pm
Xbox
by TudorBlue - 3rd Mar 2024 8:48pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by Abakumss - 2nd Mar 2024 3:52pm
Oleo Works
by diggingdeeper - 1st Mar 2024 11:51pm
Wiper mechanism needed
by Gibbo - 28th Feb 2024 12:29pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
BMW Joe Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Mr Astbury was my form tutor too, and Miss Weakes for years 7 & 8 (lower)

Originally Posted by MissGuided

Mr Campbell (faggy breath, possibly the most melancholic teacher there) all the way through

Mrs Chape (very down-to-earth)

Miss Shanahan (pencil skirts - lads liked her)

Mr Winch (beaker off the muppets)

Rooke - thought he was funny

Mr Gregory (popping head vens)

Miss Wardle (creepy)

withthat

ROFLMAO @ Mr Winch being beaker raftl raftl I always thought that he looked like one of the muppets.

Mr Dimolo was a goon

Mr Rooke was cool as was Miss Whitehead. She moved to lower to teach English when I was in year 7 & 8

Mr Wimpress moved form teaching History to ICT and always thought he was an asshole.

Miss Wardle!! Fook me, hope I never see her on a dark night....definately creepy

Autowirral.co.uk - The Northwest's Biggest forum of Motoring Enthusiasts.
Cruisewirral.com - The Northwest's Biggest forum of Modified Car Enthusiasts.
Google Ads
Awesome
Wiki Master
Awesome
Wiki Master
Best thing Mr Campbell ever did was smash his head on the blackboard.

He was in the middle of telling us how sh*t we were despite being the top maths set. He was standing about 2 ft away from the blackboard, probably thought he was nearer. He said, '5A1' in his typical desperate whispery voice, then went to lean back and *SMACK* Tears rolled down his face at the pain. A class of 15/16 year-old tried to contain their laughter. He left the room (maths mobiles had little hallways between). We could hear him saying stuff like 'jesus!' and I don't think he was praying lol. He then came back in to a class which by that time laughter had completely ruptured out. 'That wasn't funny' was all he could say.

Are you SoNutz?
Forum Master
Are you SoNutz?
Forum Master
Mr Astubury was a complete a** hole... I didnt like him one bit.. The power got to his head when he was Deputy Headmaster at the Lower School. This was when Mr Rushton was Head Master of the lower school when PHS was split between to sites. I remember getting blammed for something i did not do nad tore into me on the thought i was lying and to be even a complete utter arse reduced me to tears and then his cunning plan used the tears to rip into me even more to finnally get a yes out of me but i just took it on bored and never spoke to him or answered him ever. I got the impression dont show your scared and you will be fine.. I hate park high as shit running thorugh snow and glad i didnt do as i did cause i couldnt of cared less.. Anyway its a by gone era and its now 2008 move on i say!! laugh

Lee Mills

Awesome
Wiki Master
Awesome
Wiki Master
That reminds me (running thorugh snow) - they used to make us play netball when it was snowing. I was a skinny waif back then and used to get so cold my hands used to turn blue. Then people would make fun of me for having blue hands. School can be such a nasty place to send your children lol.

Smartchild
Smartchild
I was there from 1990-1995 and Mrs.Lancely was my form teacher.

Teachers that have been missed out from the above list:

Mrs Hall-English

Mr.Topping-P.E (9 and a half fingers)
Mr.Milne-P.E
Mrs.spencer-P.E

Miss O'hara-Science
Mr.Sheriden-Science
Mr.Corlett-Science

Miss Dean-Head of year
Miss Daniels-Head of year
Mrs.Holt-Deputy head of upper
Mr.Mercer-Head of lower

Miss Douglas-R.E (southerner) Peopowl Shat up!

Mrs.Farrel-cookery

Mrs.Semple-art

Miss Brooks-Drama

Madame Wood-French

Miss Eldridge-Geography

Mrs Tomlinson-History

Mr.Peck-Politics (looked like Mr.Bean)
Mr.Carr-dunno,English I think?

Mr.Maddocks has sadly died R.I.P and My nephew goes there now and he said Mr.Coffin is now the head teacher.I really could not stand that fat oaf.Who was the one we nicknamed flatline cos he always looked like he was about to have a heart attack with his bright red face?? any answers??

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Mr maddocks had a side kick Mr hurworth (piss eyes) they were both bully's.Mr topping lived at the bottom of ford hill drove a little mg midget. hobson was the head.Mr cliff Mr Edwards Mr's Pitt. cant remember my form teacher he was a sound guy that was in my last year 4rs.set the TD room on fire in lower school with a magnifying glass.stuck a potato up the exhaust of a hill man imp fired out and smashed staff room window.

Does your vacuum suck? Get a Dyson!!

Are you SoNutz?
Forum Master
Are you SoNutz?
Forum Master
Just reading some of the posts above.. Mr Wimpress hated my guts cause i knew more than him about computers laugh also as well as Mrs Tennent. Ahh the good old days... I was the computer geek in school knew everything about the system they used Novell laugh what a piss of piss that was.. They upgraded the computers when i left to Research Machines Connect dunno if they still use this pile of shite but you could say i was a pain in the arse when it came to IT.. I remember rerouting one of the servers to access the internet through the Wirral Met's back bone and everyone enjoyed a good surf on the internet when i was in class i was a Pain hehe laugh

Lee Mills

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
When i was there, i left in 1984 i think, Lower school head was Mr Woodgriffiths, insisted on walking round school with a cigarette permanently and Mr Vose, who was in the dance scene in Chariots of Fire, was deputy head of lower.

For maths i had Mr Bult who was a cool teacher, growled at you if you got something wrong.

English teachers i had were Mrs Potter who i hated and Mrs arghh i cant remember nice Indian lady.

Biology was Mr Malone who fancied himself and once caught me when i fainted due to illness, honestly tease

Chemistry was first Mr Griffiths then Mr Hedley r.i.p who was a brilliant teacher and a sad loss

Physics was Mr Kinsell or egg head as he was cruelly called, loved his Moggy Minors

I had Mrs Semple for art and Mrs Evans

Mr Taylor for Geology im sure he was secretly a mountain goat cos the places he took us on field trips were hair raising as Miss G will tell you

For French i had Miss Bramhall with her marvellous nails

Oh and Mr Rigby for geography.

Then Mr Hopson was head of upper school....loved that cape

Then there were the infamous pupils :s

[Linked Image]
Wise One
Wise One
isnt this school bieng mergd with rock ferry high?

Newbeee
Newbeee
I went to Park High from '87 till '92, i quite enjoyed my time there actually lol
Form tutor - Mr Buttery
English - Mr Hurworth
English Lit - Mr Carr
Science - Miss Ramsey (strange!)
Dr Botton
Mrs O Hara
DT - Mr Buttery
History - Mrs Jones
IT - Mr Ainsworth
PE - Mrs Lancley, Miss Spencer
Art - Mrs Semple
Maths - Mr Campbell ( proper lost the plot!!)

But i do remember other teachers such as Mr Rooke, Mr Peck (catalogue man 1972!!) Mr Rushton was in charge of lower school.
Mrs Oakden, she made my life hell in lower school cos i couldn't draw a hand, lol for my next homework my dad did it for me and she slated it, i think gave it an F, so parents evening they had murder with her,that all children are not artists and hows drawing gonna help me get a job?? Lol I did take it GCSE and got a C!!
Mr Gregory is probably rocking away somewhere in a straight jacket now, Mr Maguire was married to Miss Elding he was our year head.
Mr Wood-griffiths was deputy head and often said 'i will bounce you wound the room like a wubber ball'!
And Mr Hopson would strutt into the hall with his cape on. Somewhere along the way Mrs Holt appeared and she was a cow from hell, you always knew where she was because of the stilletos she wore cos she was small.
In our 3rd year we got a new french teacher Madame Tuilier or something like that, one day we were going to bunk so we arranged to meet at park station and go to New Brighton, we all hada change of clothes in our bags, so the train came and everybody jumped on, i waited to let people off, and she was the last person off, i coulda died, she asked where i was going and said i was going to be late, the train pulled away with all my mates waving and i had to walk back to school with her,the shame!! But cos i had only packed clothes i had none of my books so got a detention. I didnt bunk again!
Anyone remember Mr Lynch? He left in 89 in suspicious circumstances, he was dead fit, he was a science teacher.

Addict
Addict
Went from 1982-87.

Great school I loved it. Loved going into the Park at dinner time and playing football. Also during the winter using the metal trays from the canteen as sleds on the snow.

Awesome
Wiki Master
Awesome
Wiki Master
cherry pie i recognise loads o fthe teachers you mentioned - think i was in the year above. remember mr winch for chemistry? was a pervert who looked like beaker from the muppets.

my fave teacher was mr martin - he was ace. even though he did grab me by the scruff of the neck one day because i called him Hamish lol he hated that nickname. though he was probably nicer than Mad-dog raftl

This was my school between 1990-1995, the school itself was great, but I hated my time there because I was bullied literaly every single day for the whole 5 years, pushed me close to suicide on more than one occasion...But, now I'm older, wiser and stronger minded, so in a way it's made me who I am today. My name back then was Colin Tresidder in case anyone remembers me

Smartchild
Smartchild
Your name rings a bell Colin (Tresidder) what form was you in and who was your form teacher?? was you in A3 or A4?? we was there at the same time for the whole 5 years.thumbsup

i was there in 70s the 1st year it went comp didn t like it much untill i went to upper school.if you were in lower classses you went to the kirklands in rock ferry,and the art centre in whetstone lane 1day a week,not enough room for everyone to be in school at same time we didn t have mobile class rooms then.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
Xbox
by TudorBlue - 3rd Mar 2024 8:48pm
Possible Cause of Dementia
by diggingdeeper - 22nd Feb 2024 2:08am
Wiper mechanism needed
by Peter0787 - 20th Feb 2024 4:07pm
For Sale & Free
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
Gibbo
Gibbo
Formby
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
Floral pavilion promo code?
by TheComputerLab - 31st Dec 2018 2:11pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am
New Enthusiast Forums
Xbox