Me mum works as a health advisor, part of the advice she gives is to alcaholics and the like. Anyway she showed me a booklet she was given today by the health service listing what drink driving penalties are given in some countries around the world:
- Australia: Photo in the paper saying "Im a Drunk" and sent to jail.
- Norway: 3 weeks hard labour and loss of licence.
- England: 1 year suspension and £400 fine with a possible 1 year custodial sentence.
- Russia: Licence revoked for life.
- France: Licence revoked for 3 years and €1000 fine with a possible 1 year custodial sentence.
- Poland: Fine and forced to attend a police lecture.
- South Africa: 10 years custodial sentence and $10,000 fine.
- Malaysia: Custodial sentence for driver and if married, the same sentence for the wife.
- Costa Rica: Police remove plates from car.
- Bulgaria: Second offence results in execution.
- El Savador: Your first offence is your last... execution by firing squad.
I particuarly like El Salvadors and Malaysia's penalties lol.