WikiWirral is where great friendships are made.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
8 members (3 invisible), 8,693 guests, and 424 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#146290 10th Jan 2007 1:25am
scoop Offline OP
Wiki Addict
OP Offline
Wiki Addict
A few years ago now,the decision was made to go to iraq to prevent saddam using WMDs that he supposedly had. A lot has happened since then and the main point of the war is not forgotten but it is IGNORED. Saddam is gone,the WMDs dont exist. Iraq DO NOT pose a thread to britain or america. So why are british soldiers dying at a rate of a few a week??? Why are we staying there trying to help them set up their goverment while continuously fighting with half the population?

Are we there cos america want to get a foot in for the oil?
Are we there cos america genuinely want to help iraq become a civilised country?

Personally i think we shud get out,NOW. The brits and yanks getting killed would stop. And then if the sunnis and sheyites wanted to fight,then (as unPC as this sounds,like i give a toss) fooking let them. Aint no skin of my nose if one religious extremist kills another religous extremist. (fighting over a god that dont exist,tut tut)

I do hope that iraq can become a civilised country,but i dont think its worth thousands of british and american lives to make it so. I wouldnt like to die for peace in iraq (but i may one day do so)

Please discuss

[Linked Image]
Google Ads
I will & always will have the opinion that bush went in to finish what his father should have done many years ago.
The iraqi war came about as a response to 9/11.
Where iraq came into that i have no idea tbh as i thought the idea was getting to the taliban ffs???
Not heard a lot about heading into the hills after bin laden?
Sadam was actually a us made creation if it comes down to it.
The us supplied the weapons & training to aid them during the cold war so its a bit ironic that they ended up fighting him at all?

[Linked Image]
scoop Offline OP
Wiki Addict
OP Offline
Wiki Addict
Afghanistan has taken a back seat in the news but is actually the more important conflict.....or is it? has bin laden finished playing the cock-end??? either way. The army,the harriers,and the special forces (SBS) are still there and looking for him.

Bush went in to finish what? get saddam out? thats been done. Get iraq peace. That may happen but its gonna cost a lot of british and american lives. Just let them kill themselves til they grow up enough to call a truce. Them fighting doesnt affect us.

as for one of your points peewee about saying no to america. Maybe its time to politely tell bush we're leaving iraq to save british lives in a pointless operation. Yes we need america as an ally incase the shit hits the fan,and we CERTAINLY dont want them as an enemy, but would they become that if we left iraq?? doubt it.

And i dont think i goverment shud jump when bush says to jump. we're in a pointless conflict now, what happens when bush wants to invade iran just cos they have the "potential" to kick ass.

a LOT of countries have the potential to kick ass but we dont police them do we. Best invade china now before they decide to nuke us for no reason???

This is a good point of mine that some people disagree with

"what gives bush the right to tell iran and similar countries to stop making nukes?" We have some,america have some,and its hypocrytical to tell another country they cant have them

[Linked Image]
I agree with being hypocritical about nukes & such.
As for bush finishing off, my point is simply that, that was one of his reasons for going in & the other being oil.
Afghanistan have nothing for the Americans to profit hense all quite n that front.
Its time we & the Americans started to gradualy pull out off iraq now.
Problem there is , would they end up having another dictator move in on the control?
As for others having the capability maybe its a case of stability which some of these nuke capable country`s are not, Iran for one?

Last edited by peewee; 10th Jan 2007 1:53am.

[Linked Image]
scoop Offline OP
Wiki Addict
OP Offline
Wiki Addict
"which some of these nuke capable country`s are not, Iran for one? "

And what would the repercussions be of bush telling iran to get rid of theyre nukes cos theyre "not stable" their leader will tell bush where to get off and then bush will prob threaten them with lsoe the nukes or we'll forcefully remove the nukes,then we have war,with a country that can actually fight back,and fight back hard! Yes america (and the brits dragged in for the ride) would kick theyre ass, but after all the dust has settled there will prob be hundreds of thousands if not millions ok brits and yanks dead and im guessing a few nukes detonated.

And some people would say america isnt stable,bush likes throwing his weight around too much thinking he can stop all the countries like iran

[Linked Image]
I mean unstable as in "nothing to lose".
Dont be fooled that just because the likes of iran have nukes that they could reach our mainland, you of all people should know that in your game scoop?
The likelyhood that nukes will ever be used is rather slim as it happens.
It takes a fair bit to get these at distance remember so its not just the capability to create but to deploy them at distance.
The reason for policing these nations is more to protect the surounding neighbours from attack rather than the threat to us.

Last edited by peewee; 10th Jan 2007 2:05am.

[Linked Image]
scoop Offline OP
Wiki Addict
OP Offline
Wiki Addict
There is info online about ICBMs with a range of 7000 miles, and im betting america has some that can go waaaay further than that. I found an article online that says iran have 2000 km range nukes for a fact,but do they have better ones,probably. And how far away is iran in miles and km?

Just cos im in the military doesnt mean i know some things like this mate. I know a fair bit about planes as a whole,i know a lot about the tornado F3 and systems it uses. I know about things i come into contact with, but im not that into knowing ranges of nuclear missiles im afraid, but now i know that some can go 7000 miles at least,learn summt new every day.

and erm,bedtime calls. U've posted more on CW in ur first day than most have this week. Peewee,savious of the boards

Last edited by scoop2004; 10th Jan 2007 2:12am.

[Linked Image]
Iran has the Shahab-3 missile with a capable range of less than 800 miles meaning its close neighbours are at the biggest risk,
North korea on the other hand. omg
[Linked Image]

Last edited by peewee; 10th Jan 2007 9:13am.

[Linked Image]
21,500 more us troops to go out to iraq, seems like a pull out may be a long wait.?

[Linked Image]
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Blame me for Iraq mistakes - Bush

President Bush has shouldered the blame for mistakes in Iraq

American president George Bush personally took the blame for mistakes in the war in Iraq as he announced he would send 21,500 extra US troops there.

Unveiling his long-awaited new strategy in a prime-time TV address to the nation, a chastened-looking Mr Bush pledged that previous errors would not be repeated.

This time there would be enough troops to hold neighbourhoods that had been cleared of terrorists and militants rather than let "terrorists and insurgents" return, and fewer restrictions on US and Iraqi forces, he said.

The president admitted: "The situation in Iraq is unacceptable to the American people - and it is unacceptable to me.

"Where mistakes have been made, the responsibility rests with me."

The US had not expected the devastating sectarian violence of the last year and Iraq's young democracy was now "fighting for its life".

Mr Bush said sending more soldiers at this point would hasten the day when troops could begin coming home, whereas pulling US forces out would cause the Iraqi government to collapse, and provoke "mass killings on an unimaginable scale".

A total of 17,500 combat troops will be sent to Baghdad, with the first of five brigades arriving by Monday.

Some 4,000 Marines will go to Anbar Province, a base of the Sunni uprising and foreign al Qaida fighters.

The additions will bring the total number of US troops in Iraq to 153,500, close to the all-time high of 160,000, at a cost of 5.6 billion dollars.

Msn News

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
I am correct that america supported and gave weapons of mass destruction that america had given suddam years ago to help fight a iran. And am certain the trained bin laden etc.

Zoom,Beep,Zoom,Beep,Zoom,Beep.....................
scoop Offline OP
Wiki Addict
OP Offline
Wiki Addict
i believe that is true rhys. America are responsible for most of these nations being the way they are.

[Linked Image]
Not completely true, the us gave weapons (not mass destruction) & training to iraq during the cold war in an attempt to close in on russia i believe?
A driving test officer gave you a driving licence not the ok to run down innocent people?

[Linked Image]

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am