Well its upgrade time again and I am selling my Nokia N70. So before I whack it on ebay, I will let folks on CW have a gander. Am lookin for £120 or near offers for it.
The phone is in near-mint condition. I have just replaced the old fascia with a brand new fascia. The new fascia is all silver, which is much better looking in most peoples opinions then the original silver/black fascia. The new fascia also has all the Nokia logo's in the right places, something which is uncommon for 3rd party fascia's.
On top of this, the phone has had a brand new software reload, and I will do this again prior to actually selling the phone to ensure it is exactly the same as it would be if you had just bought the phone from a shop.
The phone has served me well, it is a great advance over my previous phone, the Nokia 6680. I have had all the Nokia Series 60 phones in this lineup since the 6600 (6600, 6630, 6680 and now N70) and they are awsome phones. You can install applications on them just like a PC. You can surf the full internet, use the likes of MSN/Yahoo etc, watch DVD's, even do word processing lmao! However this will probably be the last Series 60 phone I will have now as the quality of the N73 camera which is the next step after the N70, is crap compared to the N70 because the colour re-production on it looks totally fake.
With regards to the camera on the N70, it really is awsome quality, it is 2.0 Megapixel and the compression Nokia use on the N70 onwards is extremely good, the 2MP photo's taken on the N70 are almost twice the quality of the 1.3MP 6680 yet they are approx half the file size!!
It also takes video's in half VGA quality, which is actually better then the new phone I am looking to get atm (SE K800i Silver).
Heres what is included:
- Nokia N70 All Silver Handset
- Nokia 64MB RS-MMC Memory Card
- Nokia Charger
- Nokia Software CD
- Nokia Datacable
- Nokia Instruction Manual
- Nokia BL-5C Battery
- Various bits of software as standard including Opera Mobile internet browsing software.
Here are the specifications of the phone:
- GSM 900/1800/1900 (Tri-band 2G - can be used anywhere but Asia)
- UMTS 384Kbps (so its 3G compatible)
- GPRS (so its 2.5G compatible)
- Bluetooth 2.0
- USB High Speed (USB Revision 2.0)
- 35MB Internal Memory
- 64MB Additional RS-MMC Memory Card
- RS-MMC Memory Card Slot with Hot Swap Bay (meaning you can remove the memory card whilst the phone is on)
- SMS/MMS/Email/Instant Messaging (MSN/AOL/Yahoo!/Google/ICQ)
- Symbian Series 60 OS 8.1 (This is like Windows for you phone)
- Nokia WAP Browser 2.0 (XHMTL/HTML compatible)
- Java (for downloadable games)
- 2 Megapixel Camera with flash
- Secondary VGA Camera For Videocalling
- FM Radio
- MP3/AAC/MPEG4 Player
- Push To Talk
- Intergrated Handsfree
- Polyphonic, Monophonic, Truetone and MP3 Ringtones
The phone has only been used on o2 and therefore I cannot verify whether or not it will work on other networks. This can be tested prior to Sale
if you have a sim card to test. As the phone is BB5 encrypted, if it is network locked, they are currently only able to be unlocked by a handfull of 3rd party unlockers in the world, so dont expect that the Birkenhead market can do this!!!
If ya have any questions, please just fire away!
Remember the actual phone im selling has a full silver fascia, not the black and silver library photo below.