WikiWirral is where great friendships are made.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,360
Posts1,033,313
Members14,578
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
13 members (3 invisible), 10,044 guests, and 449 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
PaulRobson, meolswanderer, Firminafirm, YesterYearGenea, Luke121
14,578 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 6:55pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
Topic Replies
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by diggingdeeper - 14th Apr 2024 2:42pm
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 13th Apr 2024 3:35pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 10th Apr 2024 11:00pm
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Abakumss - 8th Apr 2024 9:04am
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by casper - 6th Apr 2024 9:09am
Wirral waters
by casper - 6th Apr 2024 9:07am
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by hootmeil - 4th Apr 2024 1:15pm
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
casper 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master

He said at the very beginning of the report " this is Ahmed refugee camp in North West Syria, it's one of the largest " . As said 600 doctors for 4 million people , doctors were either taken hostage along with hospital equipment from taken from Syrian hopsitals to be put in underground hospitals, or they fled when the battle was ongoing in Raqqa in 2015 to Europe. The place where heads were stuck on spikes around the main roundabout of the town.

The under ground hospitals house the military equipment and stores for the Islamist war, and every time Assad/ Russia has bombed a hospital, it is always an underground hospital for the terrorists. That's never reported either. Probably a good enough reason why people are not getting tested out there in the camps or towns and villages. Frightened of being coersed into something they are scared of, or having to pay money they don;t have for treatment, which then becomes a blackmail/ controlling situation.

Exactly the reason that friend of mine in Syria would not go to the hospitals or the doctors when his 75 yr old mother was ill. The national Hospitals were taken over by ISIS or blown up by them via underground tunnels, and replaced by another underground hospital. Many doctors performing in those hospitals are not on the National Health Database and are not known .

Idlib province has more dislpaced because they are displaced due to being controlled by Hayat Tahrir al-Sham (HTS), a militant group with links to al-Qaida, since January 2019.

When East Ghouta and Daraa among other places, were liberated by Assad's Army, all those terrorists and affiliated groups mentioned above were transported to Idlib along with their families . Idlib is a hot bed of terroism, any reports coming out of Idlib are more than certainly given by those who are being scutinised by the controlling groups or even members of such groups. They are not free people in the towns. Those in the camps in Idlib, including populations from the Christian villages who escaped after their villages had been burned and women held hostage and raped , and are now being watched over by Erdogan's mighty warriors.

The building of new houses is mighty odd, as the land has not been recalimed by Assad yet, so who is building the houses and who is financing the houses, and who will be living in the houses... ??? What will happen to the displaced population in such places ? They won't be getting the houses, it will be ISIL and associates or an extention to Turkeys border . A bit like Golan and Israel.

Any provisions supplied by UNICEF, or any other organisation is despatched via one road in and one road out through Turkey, and confiscated along route by the terrorists. Always have been , and the White Helmets were another band of bad brothers some who got paid via the underground hospitals. No money, medicines or medical equipement allowed into Syria for the National general hospitals , that's the sanctions US have placed on the ordinary populations.

Palestinans have lived in Syria for years , since the 1960s whe they were rushed out of Israel and never allowed back. Just as many in Jordan.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Google Ads
granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master

Forgot to point out that out of 4 million refugees, only about 10% are in camps. Most refugees live in host communities in urban and rural settings outside of the UN-run camp system and UNHCR do not provide in Turkey. .

~Chief Seattle
granny #1080322 27th Oct 2020 10:30pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Actually you are correct, the BBC did get it wrong, they are using the term "refugees" for Syrians in Syria when they mean displaced persons. This totally confuses any reference to statistics.

As I previously stated, only around 50% of the 4 million mentioned are displaced people, the rest are regular residents.

UN do assist with the host communities within Syria, not just the camps, they initiated the repair and new build programs about three(?) years ago rather than continually expanding temporary (eg tent) accommodation. This benefits the residents as well as the displaced persons and refugees.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
granny #1080325 28th Oct 2020 12:44am
granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master

Yes, the UN assisted in northern Syria, North West and North East but not the rest of it. As we know northern Syria is Idlib Province and Allepo Province . They are not assisting the general population, i.e. those outside the Northern territories and as from July the cross border aid stopped so nothing to the Northern region either. (unless a contract has been renewed.)

Those who live in provinces Assad has liberated don;t get anything.
That's what I'm reading from English and Europeans who live in Syria. They haven't even got food now, down to the last crumbs because what there is to buy they can;t afford as prices have rocketed . No money, no food, no petrol, no gas .. it's really dire, and the world closes its eyes.

They'll open them pretty sharply when there's another influx of people trying to get to Europe... including the Armenians who are also being displaced now.

The only building I have heard of was infrastructure and homes built by the Russians, in the Aleppo communities . The West are stupid really, as they won't want Russia so close to the EU, but all they've done is given the biggest opportunity for Russia to take command and control . Whether they will or not, remains to be seen.

I see today a whole load of Albanians have been reinstated from Syria to their home country. So more terror on the loose eventually.

I just wonder what we would do here, if Arrowe Park Hopsital, Clatterbridge , the Royal, etc. were all hijacked and taken over at the same time. Any amount of visitors can enter without security checks (under normal conditions) Would we visit a hospital run by terroists, and how would the authorities actually get rid of them after they'd ambushed holding a hospital full of patients , doctors and nurses as hostages.?

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by granny
I just wonder what we would do here, if Arrowe Park Hopsital, Clatterbridge , the Royal, etc. were all hijacked and taken over at the same time. Any amount of visitors can enter without security checks (under normal conditions) Would we visit a hospital run by terroists, and how would the authorities actually get rid of them after they'd ambushed holding a hospital full of patients , doctors and nurses as hostages.?

Well that would fall right in line with Boris's managed decline of the North.

The Manchester Nightingale Hospital is to re-open but .....

No COVID patients are allowed to use it (it is purely a recuperation hospital)

All COVID patients have to remain at the general hospitals ensuring that other services at those hospitals have to be cut back.

Any hospital that has the audacity to send a patient to the Nightingale hospital has also got to send staff to look after that patient.

These rules do not apply to other Nightingale hospitals.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master

Here we go .. now brought to the streets of Europe. No police and silence from the French authorities. Macron has got a problem that will spill over to the rest of Europe, and us included in the not too distant future. We need to be taking note instead of thinking it's too far away to bother us. Well it isn;t,

Lack of any condemnation of Turkey's actions by EU , or US.

https://twitter.com/ZartonkMedia/status/1321567512522158080

~Chief Seattle
granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master

Dec 13th 2020

Tom Duggan:

The first time I met Reverend Andrew Ashdown a few days prior to this trip he made to Aleppo,it was a ground breaking trip ,we arranged with Syrian TV to join his group in east Aleppo and record the visit .he give an honest report .of the real situation within Aleppo.he was the first western man to enter east aleppo.with total disregard for his own safety.since that time we have become life long friends .
This is a man who has more humanity in his little finger than the whole of the church of England has in it's entire body .a man who is honest and walks with God where angels fear to tred,we have had many adventures together since our first meeting .we were the first to cross the desert route to Dier Ezzor most of it through no man's land .I remember filming him on a back road and the SAA patrol telling us we were in enemy territory .Andrew Ashdown is an outstanding man and a true friend to Syria and it's people,and one of the bravest people I have ever met

Andrew Ashdown : 13th December 2020

As long as I live, during this week of the year, I will remember the days I spent in this week of 2016 in Aleppo in the final days of the battle for the city. Seared into my memory are the sights of visiting areas of East Aleppo and the Old City just hours after their liberation from terrorist groups; meeting with some of the tens of thousands of people who fled to government-held territory and hearing the stories of the terror they experienced under militant control; visiting the Sheikh Jarrar Industrial city whose factories had been destroyed and their equipment stolen and transported to Turkey; of witnessing the jubilation of thousands of people in the streets as they celebrated the liberation of the city; of spending time in West Aleppo amongst the 1.5 million inhabitants who were ‘disappeared’ by western media who experienced constant missile attacks from the terrorist groups who occupied the eastern part of the city. When a few days after my return to England, in a BBC interview I said: “The situation on the ground is very different to what we have been hearing in our media,” the presenter cut the interview and said, “You can’t say that.”
These pictures (I have dozens more) are a part of history now. I have visited several times since and things have improved considerably. Within months, life was returning to the streets of East Aleppo. The ancient soukhs are being restored, and once again, the people of Aleppo can drink tea in the cafes that have reopened in the plaza in front of the citadel. If, as a foreigner who loves Syria, I feel a deep ache in my soul every time I think of Syria, I cannot begin to imagine how Syrians who lived through it all must feel, especially as the world deliberately tries to prevent reconstruction and continues to support those who would destroy the plurality of Syrian society. But thanks to their resilience and the support of friends and allies, Syrians are getting on with reconstruction anyway, even in the face of covid and despite the criminal impact of international sanctions.
Below is a piece I wrote from Aleppo in this week 4 years ago. Since then, even academics have published about the inconsistency of how the battles for Mosul and Aleppo are framed in western discourse. Despite the fact that many more civilians died in the western alliance’s carpet-bombing of Mosul, than in 6 years of battles by the Syrian Government against the terrorist groups in Aleppo, the former was framed as a great and just victory against terrorism. It is interesting that news of Aleppo was switched off like a tap once the city was liberated. Western media made no attempt to interview any of the tens of thousands of civilians who emerged from East Aleppo about what they actually experienced, and they have not returned to the city since.
The suffering is not over yet. There is much physical building and healing of hearts, minds and souls to achieve yet. But there are many who, against all odds, are striving towards that goal. It should surely be a moral imperative for governments, people of faith, and humanitarian organisations, to support those initiatives.
12 December 2016. “I sensed that I was coming to Aleppo at an historic moment, and tonight I think that is true. Throughout the night there has been an unceasing and relentless bombardment of the last 'rebel'-controlled pockets in the city, all of which I have a bird's eye view from my hotel room. Every few seconds there are huge explosions rending the air and lighting up the sky a few kilometres away, interspersed with rapid bursts of gunfire. I can see tracer bullets, and the trail of missiles as they hit their target. This is a frightening, relentless and prolonged attack that has gone on for hours. I watch and listen with sadness and ambiguity. Sadness because as a priest I abhor violence, hate conflict, am thinking of any civilians trapped in that hell-hole and wondering how many are dying - and because like everyone else, I only want peace. But ambiguity, because over the past few years, I have been listening to the voices of ordinary Syrians whose cries and experiences of brutality and violence at the hands of extremist terrorist factions supported by the international community have been ignored by the outside world ; and whose suffering in the conflict has been exploited and heightened by the arrogant intransigence and bloody-minded single-mindedness of an international agenda that has nothing to do with the interests or human rights of the Syrian people. The fact is, across the country, and amongst the citizens of Aleppo - including those who have finally been able to flee the terrorist-controlled areas and are emerging with heart-rending accounts of the violence and brutality meted out on them these past years by the terrorists occupying their neighbourhoods - everyone wants to see the terrorists defeated and an end to the fighting. Independent journalist, Vanessa Beeley interviewed one woman yesterday who had fled East Aleppo a few days ago and whose 8 year old daughter was killed and husband shot by the 'rebels', and who saw a woman shot in the mouth asking them for food who said: "I hope the Army will show them no mercy. They are animals and deserve to die." The international community are calling for a ceasefire. Why on earth, when the Syrian Army are making such progress which the people of Aleppo are celebrating, and when every ceasefire so far has been used to resupply the terrorists, would the Syrian Government stop now? The last ceasefire which the Government held for two weeks last month was broken relentlessly by 'rebel' attacks on Western Aleppo that killed and maimed dozens of innocent civilians. Make no mistake, this is not a Government attacking its own people. I have laid out before me a whole city, in the majority of which, and as in all other Government-held areas of the country, citizens from whatever faith or ethnic community, are getting on with their lives and living together. I am standing a few kilometres away from the battle zone but am safe. The bombing is taking place, not across the city, but only in those small pockets of the city where the 'rebels' have held out. Most of the civilians that have been able to flee those areas are being looked after in Centres run by the Syrian Government and Syrian Red Crescent and with aid which the Russians are providing. They all tell of the 'rebels' shooting at those trying to leave. (Few know anything about the 'White Helmets' and those that do, have little good to say about them because they are working with the terrorists.) So I stand here watching a battle with deeply mixed and conflicted feelings...sadness at the loss of life taking place before me; but a feeling like so many others in this city that the Syrian Government has been left with no other choice. It is only when fighting ceases that a political solution can be found, but it is clear that as long as the Western -backed al-Q'da linked terrorists are able to operate, there can and will be no peace in the city or the country. Believe me, most Syrians are cheering their army on. The refusal of western governments and media to listen to the Syrian people, and to follow only their own agendas, has ensured that this brutal conflict and suffering on all sides has gone on for far too long. So as I watch a relentless battle taking place before my eyes, I feel that sadly, there is no other option. And when the battle ends, in Aleppo and in other parts of the country, the long and no doubt difficult and painful task of rebuilding people's lives, and healing the pain, will begin.”

~Chief Seattle
granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master

Such a shame that no one is actually interested , i.e. unless it affects them.

No compassion, no empathy, no nothing. Clearly no one has heard of the people from the bakery being thrown in the ovens alive ! That only happens in story books doesn't it or horrific concentration camps ? Never in Syria, where that sort of thing is classed a propoganda, because the Syrian people count as nothing anyway !!! The Syrian people are intelligent,clever, smart and a damn site cleaner than our inbred mucky little habits .

~Chief Seattle
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Car paint jobs
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 8:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 3:37pm
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
Wirral waters
by casper - 2nd Apr 2024 11:32am
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 11:52am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 8:57pm
News : New Topics
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Car paint jobs
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 9:04am
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,116 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,111 Spotted!