Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
9 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 8,070 guests, and 433 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 53 of 55 1 2 51 52 53 54 55
cools #1079777 20th Sep 2020 7:53pm
cools Offline OP
Forum Master
OP Offline
Forum Master
We are at tipping point for a national lockdown, Matt Hancock says...Another lockdown would be disastrous for the country which lets face it is on its knees, but is slowly improving. Unfortunately the virus rate is rising alarmingly and somethings got to happen. I feel there is now a lot of resentment towards the older generation by the younger ones who will not abide by the rules and are not so susceptible to the virus as us oldies...I’ve been listening most of the day to LBC radio and what I’m getting is that the majority do not want a lockdown and older people and vulnerable should be the ones to go into lockdown and let everybody else take their chances.
I’m one of these oldies and was quite maddened by this but the more I think about it maybe that should happen , I would hate it and be miserable but if it helped the situation and wasn’t for too long well bite the bullet and get on with it . The country can’t keep going into lockdown else the economy will never recover.
What do others think about this , I know it will be unpopular....

Google Ads
cools #1079778 20th Sep 2020 9:54pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

My view is that everyone should be responsible for their own actions to help their family and friends, neighbours and work colleagues. , as I doubt the country will survive another lockdown, particulalry if people start demanding more furlough schemes, that at present I think are due to end in October . The prats just couldn;t wait to get back in the pubs, spend all the money they;ve saved and party as much as possible. Narrow minded prats. I'm furious about all of this , really furious with the blatant arrogance of so many.

Maybe the threat of furlough schemes not being introduced again, might make those who are in denial, sit up and think seriously what they would do if there is another lockdown without any financial support.

I am of the opinion that the older members of society can re-impose lockdown on themsleves if they so wish, and I doubt it would be of little hardship, as most don't seem to have moved on from it yet anyway. It's not the oldies who are transmitting this virus.
Once the vulnerable children start getting it, the prats might think differently, as it seems to have mutated into more than one strain. Maybe it's changing all the time.

As from Tuesday, my only relief of seeing my grandchildren again, will be knocked on the head once more. Haven't done much else since March anyway, apart from shopping.

I really can;t understand how there are so many, including coaches from Liverpool going to Trafalgar Square for yesterdays protests, and how they think it's a conspiracy !! They are absolutely mental. The same protests have been in European countries too, in particular Germany and France that I know of.

Maybe the deniers should be asked to help out cleaning in the Covid wards so the NHS can save on PPE.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
cools #1079779 21st Sep 2020 7:38am
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Chris Whitty holding a TV briefing at 11.00 am.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54229845

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
cools #1079791 22nd Sep 2020 11:25am
Forum Master
Online Content
Forum Master
I see grandparents are being allowed on the front line to babysit, and those that where told to return to work even though it wasn't necessary must now work from home if they can, best policy to save any misunderstanding is to say if you are earning or spending money carry on, the PM will make a guest appearance on TV tonight to address the nation after having intense lessons on how to keep one straight face and look serious the other face will lapse into meaningless babble interspersed with spittle and hand waving when he loses his place on the idiot sheet.

cools #1079795 22nd Sep 2020 2:58pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Usual confusion and incompetence from the Government, first sentence from their current guidance .....

"You can now exercise alone, with up to 5 other people from outside your household"

Equally mad is the subtitle it is immediately under ....

"What we’re doing"

Source:- https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...d-return-of-outdoor-sport-and-recreation

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
cools #1079799 23rd Sep 2020 9:30am
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Certain routines of exercise involves two people. Giving clear guidelines, is not wrong !

Whatever individual opinions are directed at Boris, we have a problem. Problem solving was always difficult.. but considering the man nearly died from Covid, I am quite sure he is well aware what the impact could be for others if all measures are not followed . To change direction along the route to a final solution is something we should all take on board if we want a (hopefully )successful outcome, and stop critisizing every inch of the way.

Face mask to be worn by staff in all retail outlets.
Face masks to be worn by taxi drivers..

Already , the moans and the groans have started. FFS !

Last edited by granny; 23rd Sep 2020 9:43am.

~Chief Seattle
cools #1079800 23rd Sep 2020 9:56am
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

.Wirral Leisure Centre..... outside, on your own, group of 6.

Attached Images
119954372_3987955911231255_3493707310783504835_o.jpg

~Chief Seattle
granny #1079804 23rd Sep 2020 6:23pm
Forum Master
Online Content
Forum Master
[quote=granny]
Certain routines of exercise involves two people. Giving clear guidelines, is not wrong !

Whatever individual opinions are directed at Boris, we have a problem. Problem solving was always difficult.. but considering the man nearly died from Covid, I am quite sure he is well aware what the impact could be for others if all measures are not followed . To change direction along the route to a final solution is something we should all take on board if we want a (hopefully )successful outcome, and stop critisizing every inch of the way.

Face mask to be worn by staff in all retail outlets.
Face masks to be worn by taxi drivers..

Already , the moans and the groans have started. FFS ! [/quot

To change direction, Mmm that suggests we had a viable direction, up to now the government have been firefighting, they were advised early on about testing yet they dithered then they promised millions of tests, that went well, we are going to police it they have told us,the promised marshals have heard nothing about their applications, local government want to know who will pay for them, the police say the law is difficult to enforce, Boris tells the fines have been increased and we will get more police and maybe military assistance, no urgency no clarity, the police federation rep said if officers stop someone for not wearing a mask and that person says he is exempt then there is nothing they can do, so yes we have a problem, if the police can't control people breaking the law then I don't see how we can hope to control the virus while trying to keep the economy running, perhaps they could label all non mask wearers as pickets and strikers, then they could use their batons and haul them all off in vans to special courts.

cools #1079805 23rd Sep 2020 9:20pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Not sure who you are defending here Casper. Is it the clowns who refuse to wear a mask, or maybe you prefer to bring in the army and have martial law ? Alternatively have a full lockdown and wreck jobs and businesses ?

WHAT exactly do you want anyone to do ??? Give us some ideas,, it might be helpful.

~Chief Seattle
cools #1079810 24th Sep 2020 9:27am
Forum Master
Online Content
Forum Master
Perhaps the sarcasm confused you a bit granny, yes I want people to wear masks and wash their hands and follow the advice given albeit if some what confusing, if everyone complies then people can move about to a safer degree and carry out their daily tasks whether it be working or shopping etc,and continue to fuel the economy, however there is a hard core that are refusing to comply allegedly because it is their human right, so what should we do allow them to carry on ? Boris tells us the police will enforce the law, the police say the law is unclear ( lets be very clear the police have trouble enforcing anything, due to depleted numbers, I wonder who cut their numbers and closed police stations?) so we are at a stage when a decision needs to be made, peoples wellbeing and the economy or misguided human rights, at the minute there are still numbers of people ignoring the advice because they are allowed to, as I mentioned in the last post the Tories throughout history have had no qualms about using the state to smash trade unionists and trampling on peoples human rights before, whats different now?

cools #1079811 24th Sep 2020 10:14am
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

This was a favourite poem of ChrisKay.. It seems to be an analogy to be used many times and I think it applies today also.

The Road Not Taken
By Robert Frost
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

~Chief Seattle
cools #1079813 24th Sep 2020 10:57am
Forum Master
Online Content
Forum Master
A bit deep granny, this poem can be interpreted in many ways, one could mean a decision taken years ago could affect what happens today, true of the Conservative party,they have abused their position to benefit certain parts of society at a cost to the majority for decades, now they want the majority to believe them, the seeds of mistrust are beginning to grow, Boris doesn't want to police anything, because it will make him unpopular (if thats possible) hail fellow well met, man of the people. raftl

granny #1079818 24th Sep 2020 2:16pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by granny

But it is contradictory, you can't be "alone" at the same time as being with others.

Either of the following two sentences make sense ..

"You can now exercise alone or with up to 5 other people from outside your household"

"You can now exercise with up to 5 other people from outside your household"

But the original sentence is nonsense.

"You can now exercise alone, with up to 5 other people from outside your household".

Anyway, I don't think any of these apply to us now, the rules have changed.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
casper #1079821 24th Sep 2020 8:02pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by casper
A bit deep granny, this poem can be interpreted in many ways, one could mean a decision taken years ago could affect what happens today, true of the Conservative party,they have abused their position to benefit certain parts of society at a cost to the majority for decades, now they want the majority to believe them, the seeds of mistrust are beginning to grow, Boris doesn't want to police anything, because it will make him unpopular (if thats possible) hail fellow well met, man of the people. raftl

It can be interpreted differently, and depending on which path taken no one would know about the other path. If we look at history and the flu epidemic of 1918...

quote "The disease spread like wildfire in crowded troop transports and munitions factories, and on buses and trains, according to a 1919 report by Sir Arthur Newsholme for the Royal Society of Medicine.

But a "memorandum for public use" he had written in July 1918, that advised people to stay at home if they were sick and to avoid large gatherings, was buried by the government.

Sir Arthur argued that many lives could have been saved if these rules had been followed, but he added:
"There are national circumstances in which the major duty is to 'carry on', even when risk to health and life is involved." unquote

~Chief Seattle
diggingdeeper #1079822 24th Sep 2020 8:06pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Originally Posted by granny

But it is contradictory, you can't be "alone" at the same time as being with others.

Either of the following two sentences make sense ..

"You can now exercise alone or with up to 5 other people from outside your household"

"You can now exercise with up to 5 other people from outside your household"

But the original sentence is nonsense.

"You can now exercise alone, with up to 5 other people from outside your household".

Anyway, I don't think any of these apply to us now, the rules have changed.

Clearly, the clarity is cloudy, but it is referring to outdoor sports and recreation.

~Chief Seattle
Page 53 of 55 1 2 51 52 53 54 55

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am