Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
7 members (3 invisible), 8,139 guests, and 433 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1079329 27th Aug 2020 9:41pm
granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master

Corbyn has been nominated for an award. Did he do something ?

MP of the Year Award.

Another nomination is Gavin WIlliamson

These 'Awards' are like hot cakes these days. They mean absolutely nothing any longer.

What do you think ?

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Google Ads
granny #1079347 28th Aug 2020 10:55am
Forum Master
Online Content
Forum Master
Originally Posted by granny

Corbyn has been nominated for an award. Did he do something ?

MP of the Year Award.

Another nomination is Gavin WIlliamson

These 'Awards' are like hot cakes these days. They mean absolutely nothing any longer.

What do you think ?

Awards have become meaningless, mainly because of the old boy network of who you know not what you do, there are many many people in this country that richly deserve recognition but don't seek the attention or know the right people, I have great respect for those that have turned down honours and contempt for those that seek them, the celebrities and sports people that whine about not being honoured.

granny #1079349 28th Aug 2020 11:51am
Forum Master
Forum Master
Well it definitely wasn’t for the best dressed politician and before anyone says it nor would Boris get it for this ha ..

granny #1079350 28th Aug 2020 11:56am
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Unlike many politicians, Corbyn is a busy man who doesn't do things for a photo opportunity. The media are scared of him and only publicise lies and rubbish about him.

Remember when they were accusing him of hiding away instead of being out on the campaign trail even though it was shown that Corbyn did more election events round the country than any other MP.

He's still doing his soup kitchen every week like he has done for many years.

When he wins awards the media (and others) then rubbish those same awards without even looking at the history and integrity of the awards.

In the mean time look who the Tories put in the house of Lords. Boris's brother who was obviously so well deserving that most people didn't even know he was an MP (which he was for only 9 years), no nepotism there then! Also of note, out of the 92 hereditary peers who are elected, not one of them is female, no old boys club there then!

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by DD
In the mean time look who the Tories put in the house of Lords. Boris's brother who was obviously so well deserving that most people didn't even know he was an MP (which he was for only 9 years), no nepotism there then! Also of note, out of the 92 hereditary peers who are elected, not one of them is female, no old boys club there then!

Definitely nepotism, and in plain sight as well.

I thought they were stopping any new peers getting a seat through the hereditary route.

Originally Posted by Cools
Well it definitely wasn’t for the best dressed politician and before anyone says it nor would Boris get it for this ha ..

Hahaha! laugh

Last edited by mikeeb; 28th Aug 2020 1:13pm.
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by mikeeb
I thought they were stopping any new peers getting a seat through the hereditary route.

There is a fixed number of 92 hereditary peers in the Lords, when one drops out the Lords elect another one from the 814~ hereditary peers.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master

Many of the awards are rediculous. Even the MBEs, OBE's, CBEs and Knighthoods are rediculous when we see most of those who are awarded and for what ? Some deserved, but others just nominated because they can be.
Its all become like a club for the stars of entertainment.

This MP Award of the Year is the most rediculous of all. Who is going to vote for an MP other than their own MP, who knows what other MP's are involved in, if anything. ? Increasingly I find politics being dragged into the arena of the school playground. These jobs should be taken at a level where 'awards' don't enter into it, and as we have elections for voting for our favoured local MP, surely that is enough ?

Flat Nose of the Year Award, Best Monkey Puzzle Tree Award, International Award , Award Day, (Best Award) Grrrrrr !!

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master

I knew Boris's brother was an MP for years. Why didn;t other people. Same as Boris's father and sister .

Boris's dad was MEP and an employee of the Commission and the World Bank. If people don;t know these things, then they cannot blame anyone but themselves. All there to see.

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I do find volunteer awards a bit hypocritical, but then so are awards given to people that are just doing the jobs they are paid for.

The whole of politics have been turned into a personality contest rather than political.

The most politically influential British politician is Farage, especially as has never really been in a position of power within the UK. I don't think many would put him up for any awards.

Who would I give awards to?

People off-the-street who put their lives in danger to save others.
Whistle blowers who put their careers in jeopardy to expose illegal activities.

Noting that an award and giving recognition are two different things - or at least should be.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
I often find myself in disagreement with DD, but he's spot on in this case.

Corbyn suffered the usual character assassination doled out by the press and media to Labour leaderss who seem prepared to upset the comfortable life of the overly rich.

You have to have been a bit dim to believe much of it, but - guess what - 50% of the electorate is of below average intelligence, and believe everthing thiy are trained tobelieve.

granny #1079392 30th Aug 2020 11:43am
Forum Master
Online Content
Forum Master
Corbyn assassinated by the media, now the same media has turned some of its attention on its masters and they don't like it, and sadly some still believe it , as soon as we show any criticism toward the government the usual response is Corbyn would have made a bigger mess, how do these sages know this? we will never find out but its easy to say it , it must make them feel better for voting for this circus we have.

Beginner
Beginner
well said, the british public voted for a thoughtless,brainless actor who cannot giveout a statement without an earpiece or a tablet to refer to. and the voters got what they deserve a buffoon with his terrified jesters all around him scared of losing jobs and the oppurtuity to dig into the money-bag that Coronavirus has created. old friends like Delloite (accountants) have a £460 million contract to supply test and trace since march or april with no definite results whatsoever,just a total waste of cash and in whose pockets is it in??? the totally incompetent G45 (got £45million for security at Olympic Games and grossly understaffed the army were called in to sort out mess,did they refund any cash,don`t think so), well they had contract for running drive through,car-park test centres. i think they tested low 100`s,the staff couldnt answer questions (same as telephone-tracers) they were not medically trained,abissmall. they picked up £360 million for their trouble. so when all the serfs get back to the grind the Sheriff of Nottingham will be taking a much larger share of whatever you have to scrape by on, Jeremy was set to make a big difference to peoples lives (his money tree was no different to anyone elses,the money is there as the two examples above show and this is during a lockdown), all the goverment has done during this pandemic has organised stuff and services around peoples fears and all other issues seem to have been swept aside and then suddenly Brexit arrives with a bang. i am unsure as to wether Cummings thought that enough misdirection had been created by lockdown and lockdown lifting here and there and new case numbers (all complete fantasy which i believe are generated on the Countdown numbers board) that could try and sneak another crazy move or was the Brexit-Bomb to distract from virus or some other huge bombshell yet to come. i really feel that the Bo-Jo voters have got everthing that they deserve

Forum Master
Online Content
Forum Master
Originally Posted by doggod
well said, the british public voted for a thoughtless,brainless actor who cannot giveout a statement without an earpiece or a tablet to refer to. and the voters got what they deserve a buffoon with his terrified jesters all around him scared of losing jobs and the oppurtuity to dig into the money-bag that Coronavirus has created. old friends like Delloite (accountants) have a £460 million contract to supply test and trace since march or april with no definite results whatsoever,just a total waste of cash and in whose pockets is it in??? the totally incompetent G45 (got £45million for security at Olympic Games and grossly understaffed the army were called in to sort out mess,did they refund any cash,don`t think so), well they had contract for running drive through,car-park test centres. i think they tested low 100`s,the staff couldnt answer questions (same as telephone-tracers) they were not medically trained,abissmall. they picked up £360 million for their trouble. so when all the serfs get back to the grind the Sheriff of Nottingham will be taking a much larger share of whatever you have to scrape by on, Jeremy was set to make a big difference to peoples lives (his money tree was no different to anyone elses,the money is there as the two examples above show and this is during a lockdown), all the goverment has done during this pandemic has organised stuff and services around peoples fears and all other issues seem to have been swept aside and then suddenly Brexit arrives with a bang. i am unsure as to wether Cummings thought that enough misdirection had been created by lockdown and lockdown lifting here and there and new case numbers (all complete fantasy which i believe are generated on the Countdown numbers board) that could try and sneak another crazy move or was the Brexit-Bomb to distract from virus or some other huge bombshell yet to come. i really feel that the Bo-Jo voters have got everthing that they deserve

Harking back to the Thatcher years, after the fall from grace aka when they eventually got found out, you couldn't find anyone that admitted voting for them.

Last edited by casper; 19th Sep 2020 8:36am.
Smartchild
Smartchild
When you elect a clown you should not be surprised to find him running a circus.

Smartchild
Smartchild
Originally Posted by casper
Originally Posted by doggod

Harking back to the Thatcher years, after the fall from grace aka when they eventually got found out, you couldn't find anyone that admitted voting for them.

The thatcher years ....when soldiers were put into police uniform and ordered to attack miners fighting for the right to put food on their children's table.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
diggingdeeper
diggingdeeper
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am