Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,360
Posts1,033,313
Members14,578
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
13 members (3 invisible), 10,044 guests, and 449 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
PaulRobson, meolswanderer, Firminafirm, YesterYearGenea, Luke121
14,578 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 6:55pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
Topic Replies
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by diggingdeeper - 14th Apr 2024 2:42pm
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 13th Apr 2024 3:35pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 10th Apr 2024 11:00pm
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Abakumss - 8th Apr 2024 9:04am
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by casper - 6th Apr 2024 9:09am
Wirral waters
by casper - 6th Apr 2024 9:07am
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by hootmeil - 4th Apr 2024 1:15pm
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
casper 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 40 of 55 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 54 55
granny #1078539 25th Jun 2020 10:49am
Forum Master
Forum Master
Originally Posted by granny
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Originally Posted by casper
And now the daily covid report backs are being discontinued, I wonder if they will still publish the death rate figures daily?

Load of wimps, when have we ever had a cabinet that was drawing short straws each time to decide who was going to visit the press? In ongoing situations like this we have always had one main presenter.

I think you will find that each member who appeared in the daily Covid updates were connected to the particular dept. that was being referred to that day. So the transport minister gave an update of the travel arrangements, the Home Secretary gave an update of the police... etc. etc. Personally , that makes sense . otherwise what's the point in having different Governmental positions and departments ? The point is , a couple of people can't do it all. We've been through a major upheaval and I'm not sure any one of them would have got it all right, considering we went into this blindfolded and ignorant , and still nobody knows what is likely to happen next.

I don't think we have actually had another situation like this in my life time.

But we didn't go into this blindfolded and ignorant, we were fortunate to see what was happening in other countries and the measures they were taking or starting to take, yet we failed to act, the different faces appearing looked embarrassed and had to read notes off an idiot sheet, when asked specific questions they stuttered and looked lost, Johnson is the same the Paul Daniels hand movements distract from the blank look and the lack of substance, the jolly japes given way to the bumbling fool, like a third rate actor trying to portray a Prime Minister, Dominic the producer and director will be looking at the role very carefully soon.

Google Ads
cools #1078554 25th Jun 2020 2:53pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

No, you are wrong. We were all blindfolded. Other countries were just as blindfolded, hence the lockdowns.

France 16th March
Germany 20th March
Italy did lockdown gradually in different areas, It wasn't until On 22 March, Lombardy strengthened its measures, banning all outdoor physical activity and the use of vending machines.
Spain 14th March but one of their football teams were over here playing Liverpool on 11th March.
New Zealand 25th March

UK 23rd March, and had lockdown been earlier as it was a pandemic declared by WHO on 11th March, then nobody would have had any food. Supermarket shelves were empty if you remember, and delivery slots were unavailable etc.

What would you have done for toilet rolls, Casper, or even a loaf of bread ?

I've said all this before and if you want to play the silly game and keep repeating the same old thing, then carry on, because it makes these Guardian readers look brainwashed without any factual evidence . Owen Jones and his twisted minded cronies.

Last edited by granny; 25th Jun 2020 2:57pm.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
cools #1078556 25th Jun 2020 6:44pm
cools Offline OP
Forum Master
OP Offline
Forum Master
OMG! Looking at the news and the beaches in Bournemouth and everywhere else, crammed ! I can see another lockdown coming and 2nd spike. These mainly young ones just will not acknowledge there's a problem . What chance has any government got when these selfish people won't even try to be sensible and social distance to even a metre! It seemed the Spanish and Italians who mostly lived in apartments got more sense and responsibility than our lot . It's depressing...

cools #1078560 25th Jun 2020 9:58pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Agreed, and teachers, local authorities etc. think it's too soon for children to go back to school. Accusing the Government of trying to encourage herd immunity so they can get the economy back on track.
What a load of bollocks., nothing more like herd immunity going on today at Bournemouth and Camber Sands.

Yesterday traffic was clogged up for 4 hours at Camber Sands in Kent. Those who needed to get to work couldn't, Carers couldn't reach their clients, medication was unable to be delivered, and a school bus with children in, steaming heat was stuck for hours (children are back at school in parts of Kent). The parents didn't know what had happened to them. The main road to Camber goes through all sorts of little villages and although this pic seems nowhere near as bad as Bournemouth, it was much the same on Formby beach today..

If the kids can't go back to school, then they shouldn't be on the beach in such dreadful congestion.

Attached Images
106289085_10157659209009480_6847019490837318493_o.jpg

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
cools #1078561 25th Jun 2020 10:06pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

...and the rubbish that's been left at Bournemouth as far as the eye can see, is appalling !

~Chief Seattle
cools #1078562 25th Jun 2020 10:21pm
cools Offline OP
Forum Master
OP Offline
Forum Master
It's disgusting what these morons leave. Apparently there are no toilets open in these places so of course where are they going, poor people's gardens and all sorts.. On another forumn they saying New Brighton , the Dips there has been fighting and loads of rubbish littered about there. Makes you despair.

granny #1078563 25th Jun 2020 10:38pm
Forum Master
Forum Master
Agreed, and teachers, local authorities etc. think it's too soon for children to go back to school. Accusing the Government of trying to encourage herd immunity so they can get the economy back on track.
What a load of bollocks., nothing more like herd immunity going on today at Bournemouth and Camber Sands.

Yesterday traffic was clogged up for 4 hours at Camber Sands in Kent. Those who needed to get to work couldn't, Carers couldn't reach their clients, medication was unable to be delivered, and a school bus with children in, steaming heat was stuck for hours (children are back at school in parts of Kent). The parents didn't know what had happened to them. The main road to Camber goes through all sorts of little villages and although this pic seems nowhere near as bad as Bournemouth, it was much the same on Formby beach today..

If the kids can't go back to school, then they shouldn't be on the beach in such dreadful congestion.

Tell me why is it bollocks granny? its the government that have allowed this to happen, they have encouraged it, the indecent haste to get cash rolling in, running before they can walk, as I've said many times before, they have no control, they have dangled normality in front of people for weeks,illegal raves, street parties, the police don't intervene for fear of causing civil unrest and riots which they know and the government know they can't control, only option call in the military, outcome downfall of the government, so they just let it fester.

cools #1078564 25th Jun 2020 10:58pm
cools Offline OP
Forum Master
OP Offline
Forum Master
You would hope and wish that people would use their brains Casper and take some responsibility without being forcibly stopped. Don't think it matters what the government do , these morons seem to be on self destruct and to hell with it... makes me laugh they all go on these save the planet protests and support Greta Thomberg but it's the younger generation that treat the environment like a dustbin.

granny #1078565 25th Jun 2020 11:04pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
No, you are wrong. We were all blindfolded. Other countries were just as blindfolded, hence the lockdowns.

France 16th March
Germany 20th March
Italy did lockdown gradually in different areas, It wasn't until On 22 March, Lombardy strengthened its measures, banning all outdoor physical activity and the use of vending machines.
Spain 14th March but one of their football teams were over here playing Liverpool on 11th March.
New Zealand 25th March

Why start at 16th Mar? These countries were reacting to the situation as soon as they could, not waiting until its too late.

Italy 9th March
Saudi 9th Mar
Mongolia 10th Mar
Quatar 11th Mar
El Salvador 12th Mar
Ireland 12th Mar
Albania 13th Mar
Poland 13th Mar
Iran 14th Mar
Kosovo 14th Mar
Kuwait 14th Mar
San Marino 14th Mar
Spain 14th Mar
Lebanon 15th Mar
Philippines 15th Mar
etc

As usual, UK Government waiting for America's lead, both started locked down on 23rd Mar despite being on a different infection timeline.

UK 23rd March, and had lockdown been earlier as it was a pandemic declared by WHO on 11th March, then nobody would have had any food. Supermarket shelves were empty if you remember, and delivery slots were unavailable etc.

What would you have done for toilet rolls, Casper, or even a loaf of bread ?

Lockdown did not cause those shortages, it was panic buying, it didn't make any difference when lockdown occurred, the shortage would have lasted about the same amount of time. When lockdown did happen there were no significant reduction in stocks.

When you are performing badly compared to almost everybody else it is pretty overwhelming evidence that you are doing something wrong.

Even the Government has started to admit its mistakes, they said they hadn't got a clue what they were doing because they didn't have any test data to analyse. This was the same Government that was adamant, against all advice, that it didn't want to introduce testing.

18 million passengers flew into the UK in the 3 months prior to lockdown, then there were ferries and trains as well. That is equivalent to more than a quarter of our population - it is a ludicrous amount of movement and is the cause of turning local infections and epidemics into pandemics.

Last edited by diggingdeeper; 25th Jun 2020 11:05pm.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
cools #1078566 26th Jun 2020 12:19am
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I know lockdown didn't cause the shortages, but it was panic and if you remember supplies were not available to restock shelves. Everyone would have been holed up without any food.

Italy did lockdown in phases. If you remember once Lombardy was locked down half the residents ran off to southern Italy.

Many passengers who flew into UK were UK residents who had been stranded abroad. 3 months prior to lockdown doesn't even enter into it and 18million over 3 months is normal anyway. So why raise that issue? First two cases were on 29th January , two Chinese nationals staying in a hotel in York, that's 2 months prior to lockdown. The first death was on the 2nd March in a care home.

Did all those countries you list not have any case prior to their lockdown ? The majority on the 14th March. Do you really believe 10 days more would have made all the difference considering London was the hot bed of infection with a multi cultural society ?
It spread across from Asia the ME to Europe. Maybe we should have locked down earlier, but it would seem we would not be lifting it any sooner as we are inline with all the other European countries bar a couple, so the economy would have been even worse. People were being sent home from work in Government departments before the lockdown in this country, child support agency being one of them. Told to isolate, which is what everyone was told to do if they showed any symptoms.

You say they Government didn't know what they were doing, Casper said we didn't go into it blindfolded and ignorant.. so who is right ?

Obviously you haven't read about all the uproar in all the other countries. Saying we are the only country that has faired badly and putting us down as a nation again and again and again , is from my corner looking pretty treacherous. I'll leave it at that, because if as a nation certain people are hell bent on damning every move , and

clearly every move the Government has made has been bad, including the financial support handed out right left and centre . Don't start moaning when the taxes go up another recession is in full swing. The whole bloody world is in dire straights, but we as a country have got food on our table, and clearly there a re many who can take themselves off for days out , and spend a fortune on petrol travelling from the midlands to Bournemouth for the day. I am fed up to the back teeth with all the nasty anti feeling in this country it seems to be on the verge of anarchy, and I'm not thinking it's only the young people , it seems to be the old too. . No wonder there are fights and riots waiting in the wings when so many continue to criticize every mortal thing. Mostly instigated by the left wing media.

Last edited by granny; 26th Jun 2020 12:32am.

~Chief Seattle
cools #1078567 26th Jun 2020 12:27am
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by cools
You would hope and wish that people would use their brains Casper and take some responsibility without being forcibly stopped. Don't think it matters what the government do , these morons seem to be on self destruct and to hell with it... makes me laugh they all go on these save the planet protests and support Greta Thomberg but it's the younger generation that treat the environment like a dustbin.

Exactly right , Cools.

~Chief Seattle
granny #1078568 26th Jun 2020 6:19am
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
You say they Government didn't know what they were doing, Casper said we didn't go into it blindfolded and ignorant.. so who is right ?

Both!

The Government were given LOADS of prior knowledge but then chose to ignore all that experience and recommendations by refusing to test which left them blindfold as to how fast and how much the virus was spreading in this country.

Lockdown did not significantly interrupt the food chain, in fact the shops and supermarkets passed more food onto the food-banks than ever before.

We should have locked down in stages BUT the Government didn't have testing in place so could not even begin to guess what needed doing. Other countries were literally begging the UK to start testing but the clowns in charge stubbornly refused and lied by blaming it on their own scientific and medical advisers who were actually also calling for testing.

Have a think and come up with the reason Cumming's garden party didn't want testing in place (CV testing, not antibody testing).

Then also think why 25,000 people suspected of having CV were sent from hospitals back to care homes, in some cases without even telling the care homes that the patients may have CV.

Then try and work out why CV patient were still in regular hospitals that were close to open Nightingale Hospitals.

Why was Liverpool only allocated a 500 bed mini-Nightingale hospital that wasn't even going to be equipped for severe cases despite the Northwest being a known hotspot and in May Liverpool had the highest death rate for a city outside London, Wirral had worse statistics.

Why has the Government never mentioned this facility? It was due to open around the 18th April but the news blackout is deafening - even though work started on it I don't believe it was completed nor its doors opened nor is it ready for a second wave unlike the other nightingale hospitals.

Merseyside was the first dumping ground for Coronavirus in the UK and then we were dumped.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
cools #1078829 13th Jul 2020 12:50pm
cools Offline OP
Forum Master
OP Offline
Forum Master
My opinion is make face mask/coverings mandatory. Don't know why it hasn't been done , most other countries doing it right from start and Scotland doing it, its got to help , better than nothing! I wear mine when I think the shop is crowded but sometimes you feel a right idiot or when nobody else is. I would feel much better if it was the law and hope it does so!
Think it's terrible all this confusion and it needs to be clarified. Gove , I've got to admit I don't like and have no confidence in him at all.Leave it to people's common sense ha, just like don't go beaches etc .
I'm not a government basher but come on Boris do it!

cools #1078831 13th Jul 2020 1:59pm
Forum Guide
Forum Guide
At the moment I don't wear a mask in the supermarket because I try to go when it's quiet and there's plenty of space; it doesn't feel threatening. If I go to, for example, the Birkenhead Abakhan which can be quite congested, I wear one. I'm fortunate in that I'm retired and I don't need to use public transport, so can choose where I go and when. I just wish they'd all stop havering and make a decision! Masks in shops? Fair enough, better to use them when we don't need them than not use them when we should. As for Michael Gove and his 'common sense' remark - purrlease... Wake up, Michael! Oh - 1pm - Boris has said people *should* be wearing masks in shops, but will make further announcements in coming days. Policing would obviously be a problem.

Last edited by Greenwood; 13th Jul 2020 2:01pm.
cools #1078832 13th Jul 2020 2:16pm
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
The problem with me wearing a mask is that they steam up my gigs and I can't see where I am going.

Last edited by mikeeb; 13th Jul 2020 2:17pm.
Page 40 of 55 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 54 55

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Car paint jobs
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 8:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 3:37pm
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
Wirral waters
by casper - 2nd Apr 2024 11:32am
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 11:52am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 8:57pm
News : New Topics
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Car paint jobs
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 9:04am
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,116 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,111 Spotted!