WikiWirral is where great friendships are made.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
8 members (3 invisible), 8,693 guests, and 424 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Forum Master
Online Content
Forum Master
Originally Posted by granny
Originally Posted by casper
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
This is absolutely nothing to do with slavery, if it was they would be trying to promote the history of slavery, not hide it.

This is nothing to do with racism because if it was they would be fighting abuse and crime not encouraging it.

It is a mixture of general civil unrest, the usual thugs jumping on the bandwagon and a number of politicians trying to prove how short sighted they are.

Maybe they should take their side show, to some of the African nations where children are starving and their is a lack of basic facilities, and their governments look after themselves first, we have inequality here, but it doesn't just apply to blacks or ethnics, so we are equal in that respect, racism is wrong we know that and understand, but this is causing more divisions, students that want to demonstrate against anything, yet understand nothing, the middle class who want to be part of the scene and the rabble rouser's who have their own agenda, and finally the right wing thug's to add to the mix = civil unrest, to carry on will gain nothing only maybe to spread a virus that is draining the country both in lives and money.

Agreed, Casper . Bored people in lockdown wanting any excuse to escape their 4 walls. They seem to have forgotten that their ancestors are still suffering in different countries , worldwide. Still subjected to horrific violence and slavery, murder , starvation and war . They might not all be black , but certainly BAME populations . I hate categorising people into groups, but they do it to themselves in an attempt to be the victims of an overall fairly equal democracy in this country with access to all civil liberties, education, medicines but clearly doing the wrong thing in society is expected to be excused . Will this stop them carry knives, guns and drugs ? No, because that is in all of society , but maybe black communities should be made exempt from being subjected to arrest or even questioning ? Is that the answer ?
The black woman yesterday who kicked off because police asked her where she lived. Well, I saw the original footage and she was downright rude ,argumentative and lacking the ability to allow the police officers to explain the situation to them, which was connected to another investigation in the same street as hers . But the media portrayed her as the victim, because it's media who rattle the cages.

But with your post above , I am trying to understand your rejection to Yemenis and the suffering they have been subjected to, when I posted a letter written to the Western world about their situation from a lady from Yemen, on the advent of Covid 19 and lockdown. about their situation . Your response was anything but sympathetic for humanity !

Well I never thought we would agree on something granny, about the black community being exempt from arrest or questioning, do they want to be equal or a special case or above the law?

I am not making an excuse here but I honestly can't recall what my comments were about re the Yemen ( I get mixed up with the days sometime), but obviously they didn't sit well, I would like to find the post if I could and maybe give you a better response or explanation.

As to the media, they print what sells papers, to either the right or left readers, as I have said before on these police type programs it always appears that blacks and ethnics have a problem with being stopped by the police, they are either very rude or aggressive, sometimes surrounding the police as if to intimidate, the police are in a fragile position, which in turn affects their ability to police without being accused of racism.

Google Ads
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
The way I see this BLM issue , certainly in this region and probably many others, is we are tolerant of black and mixed race communities.
We in the North West and Liverpool region have grown from birth with black communities and I must be fair when saying that racism was greater back in the early days of my childhood by the previous generation. Those times have long past and for the life of me, I cannot see this country being a major culprit any longer, although we do object to illegal migrants and refugees who seem to find protection here in UK. However, there are different reasons for objections to a constant influx of those who are not really entitled to be here.
France is a different place and extremely racist, as are other European countries such as Poland .
There will never be complete equality, the same as equality amongst the white population will never be equal. There is and always will be someone in a better situation, with a better lifestyle, and a better family support group etc. But that's the way of life for everyone and to make it a racist issue is complete nonsense .
I have a black friend, a neighbour from the ethnic minority, and a Venezuelan brother -in- law and I don't see any of them with dissatisfied issues in society, and I don't see them as any different to anyone else, but if I said I have no time for my brother in law, or my neighbour because of their character, would that make me racist ? Some might jump to incorrect conclusions .

As it happens they are all lovely 'people'..

Last edited by granny; 13th Jun 2020 12:36pm.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Forum Master
Forum Master
Well it was bound to happen far right groups now starting to rampage. Poor police , think they nay have to bring army in , although I know that would incite it even more.

mikeeb Offline OP
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict
"Various groups from around the country, including right-wing activists, said they had come to London to protect symbols of British history.

Hundreds of mostly white men gathered around the Cenotaph war memorial in Whitehall and the boarded-up statue of Winston Churchill in Parliament Square.

There were a number of clashes with police in riot gear as crowds chanting "England" and raising their arms surged towards lines of officers."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53031072

Jesus christ, the police are being hit from all sides now. I really feel sorry for them now.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I though our Police were symbols of British History - if so why were the police getting attacked by them? Ah, I forgot, these are just thugs and vandals not political activists.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
mikeeb Offline OP
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
I though our Police were symbols of British History - if so why were the police getting attacked by them? Ah, I forgot, these are just thugs and vandals not political activists.

That's why I feel sorry for them DD. They are being attacked by thugs and political activists. They are in a difficult position trying to appease both sides, and still get attacked.

Forum Master
Forum Master
I really don't get how they can say Covid-19 is racist! I know it has affected the BAME people a lot worse than white people but that disease Sickle Cell does as well surely it's something genetic .

Smartchild
Smartchild
Why is it presumed that white people are racist, in the70s I used to work with two men from India, who wouldn't speak to each other, if one was using a tool that the other needed, he would ask me to ask if he could borrow it off the other, and I would have to pass it to him, they were both different castes from the same area, and people blame us for being racist. Rubbish. I thought they were both nice men just couldn't understand their logic.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Google have blacked out Sir Winston Churchill.

[Linked Image]

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Followed by this ! Not a good enough explanation because I've never seen blacked out google images before . It does make one wonder who exactly is at the back of all this.

[Linked Image]

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Much of Google’s stuff is pulled from Wikipedia which anybody can edit. Someone has played a little trick like renaming the image.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

Forum Master
Online Content
Forum Master
Looks like the far right is taking centre stage along with other groups, some mention of a football associated group mentioned, these groups were responsible for the attacks on police at one point breaking through and attacking photographers, its about time the government woke up, should there be any serious civil unrest then the police will be unable to cope, they need to be proactive and send in snatch squads, its not as if they are strangers to it, I'am sure if they were strikers and trade unionists the numbers would be there and the law rigorously enforced.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Move on a few months to the darker nights, this issue is almost certain to rear it's ugly head again.

Far right , far left, but surely the way to cap this is to make it illegal for gangs of youths to be congregating and causing disruption within their own communities .

All that evolves from those incidents , is the police getting involved, the kids being so called 'picked on' and the black communities raising up in defence of their kids.

The black communities seem to have a great deal of resources directed to them. If they don't want to engage or be educated, there's nothing anyone can do.

One of my cousins was a Prison Officer in London , his two children went to the local school and they were the only 2 white children in the whole of the school . I suggest that many schools are the same in parts of London , so I can't see racism being part of their daily lives or the kids being intimidated in that environment.
Over 300 different languages are spoken in London schools, so neither do I view that the black, Asian, and ethnic races are being forgotten about .
We can see the way it's going, because once again, everyone is bending over backwards to accommodate the protestors .

Triggered by the middle class anarchists and black elitists, and handed over to the lower realms to fight the battles , and take the rap, whilst the initiators watch from the balcony.

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Originally Posted by locomotive
Why is it presumed that white people are racist, in the70s I used to work with two men from India, who wouldn't speak to each other, if one was using a tool that the other needed, he would ask me to ask if he could borrow it off the other, and I would have to pass it to him, they were both different castes from the same area, and people blame us for being racist. Rubbish. I thought they were both nice men just couldn't understand their logic.

That will be the next issue on our streets. Religion ! and it will be major IMO, and religious leaders should stay out of politics. In fact they should be banned. As a country we can be too tolerant , give an inch and they take a mile. We never learn from history do we and we need to look at the world as it is right now ?

We can't even control a protest very well, so I don't hold out much hope for controlling tens of thousands religious fanatics !

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Over-compensation always causes problems.

The whole thing is encouraging racism, "Black Lives Matter", "White Lives Matter", what is the difference other than you risk being prosecuted for saying one of them.

"Gay Pride", "Straight Pride" is another.

All segregation should be discouraged not encouraged, it took years for women to get the vote, be let into certain clubs etc in this country. We have fought against discrimination and now its being encouraged again by the very people who are claiming to be doing the opposite.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am