Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,361
Posts1,033,315
Members14,578
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
5 members (2 invisible), 9,762 guests, and 392 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
PaulRobson, meolswanderer, Firminafirm, YesterYearGenea, Luke121
14,578 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 6:55pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
Topic Replies
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by diggingdeeper - 14th Apr 2024 2:42pm
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 13th Apr 2024 3:35pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 10th Apr 2024 11:00pm
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Abakumss - 8th Apr 2024 9:04am
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by casper - 6th Apr 2024 9:09am
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 33 of 55 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 54 55
cools #1077621 25th May 2020 8:43pm
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Originally Posted by cools
Big mistake by Cummings not even apologising or looking slightly sorry. He's not at all likeable, I think he should do the honourable thing and resign. I feel sorry for Boris he doesn't look well and what a burden it is being prime minister at the moment.

Losing sympathy with Boris after listening to him defend Cummings. Glad they got us over the Brexit line but think Boris has just made himself as bad as Cummings in standing by his man.. Seen it all before big show of support followed in a day or two of him resigning.

Google Ads
cools #1077626 25th May 2020 10:28pm
Addict
Addict
Cummings needs to resign; one rule for him and another rule for the whole nation! Why can't this man see what he has done is so very wrong!

cools #1077627 25th May 2020 10:38pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

So far as I'm concerned, in the same situation I would have done the same thing.
No crime committed because there was no law. Therefore making a decision to look after a wife and child is not something anyone should have to apologise for.

If any man can say they would leave their 4 yr old child in a vulnerable position, then shame on them.

Media have lied and whipped it up with inflammatory accusations. Sick to death of the press and media to be honest. It also looks like a whole new batch of newly qualified journalists have just been taken on, and they're all trying to get the latest scoop .
Pathetic, the whole lot.

And Casper, we know you don't like anyone within the Tory party, simply because they are Tory so anything you say is instantly dismissed for being character assassinations. Tell me, what on earth has Boris's hair got to do with anything.... ( a point you made last week.) ?

Why was Kinnock not scrutinised for travelling from Wales to London to see his father on his birthday and back home again in the same day ? He said he was delivering provisions. He may have been, I don't know, but clearly it was in breach of guidelines, and he didn't need to take his wife with him. Should he be sacked as an MP ? I don't think so, because he's a good MP but some might think Starmer shoudl tell him to go for disobeying the lockdown rules .

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
fish5133 #1077629 25th May 2020 11:17pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by fish5133
Originally Posted by cools
Big mistake by Cummings not even apologising or looking slightly sorry. He's not at all likeable, I think he should do the honourable thing and resign. I feel sorry for Boris he doesn't look well and what a burden it is being prime minister at the moment.

Losing sympathy with Boris after listening to him defend Cummings. Glad they got us over the Brexit line but think Boris has just made himself as bad as Cummings in standing by his man.. Seen it all before big show of support followed in a day or two of him resigning.

Thing is Fish, I believe we need Cummings more than ever to help get us through the rest of Brexit. It's in the National interest that he should stay at the moment. If he should go, then the rest is history.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
granny #1077634 26th May 2020 9:33am
Forum Master
Forum Master
Originally Posted by granny

So far as I'm concerned, in the same situation I would have done the same thing.
No crime committed because there was no law. Therefore making a decision to look after a wife and child is not something anyone should have to apologise for.

If any man can say they would leave their 4 yr old child in a vulnerable position, then shame on them.

Media have lied and whipped it up with inflammatory accusations. Sick to death of the press and media to be honest. It also looks like a whole new batch of newly qualified journalists have just been taken on, and they're all trying to get the latest scoop .
Pathetic, the whole lot.

And Casper, we know you don't like anyone within the Tory party, simply because they are Tory so anything you say is instantly dismissed for being character assassinations. Tell me, what on earth has Boris's hair got to do with anything.... ( a point you made last week.) ?

Why was Kinnock not scrutinised for travelling from Wales to London to see his father on his birthday and back home again in the same day ? He said he was delivering provisions. He may have been, I don't know, but clearly it was in breach of guidelines, and he didn't need to take his wife with him. Should he be sacked as an MP ? I don't think so, because he's a good MP but some might think Starmer shoudl tell him to go for disobeying the lockdown rules .

Many have had to make similar hard decisions throughout this crisis, many without any support at all, both men and women to comply with the guidelines, is it also shame on them?

Media have lied really, who stood in front of the camera's and tried to dismiss the allegations of the other trips he made as lies with no substance ? can you explain the inflammatory accusations.

So anything I say whether true or false will be dismissed because I don't like the Tory party ( which is very true), yes I did mention Boris's hair it is part of his presentation as a jolly likeable chap ready with a quip a selling point the reason I did mention it because he plastered it down to make him look more like a serious leader, unfortunately when the real test comes, when it is a matter of life and death it doesn't work he lacks the qualities, that is way he needs Cummings so badly he will forgive anything, it is also worth noting that many Tories don't agree with his decision.

As to Kinnock, I didn't hear or read much about it (did he visit any castles whilst there?) and if he breached the rules then he should be dealt with I have no problem with that and never implied otherwise, but to use it as an excuse to legitimise Cumming's behaviour, well you know the old adage, two wrongs don't make a right, I also noticed a few Tory mouth pieces trying the same tactic, spread the blame point the finger somewhere else, aka throw some shit and it might stick.

And finally you say you would have done the same thing, so you would have visited a Castle and sat admiring the view on a towpath with your allegedly ill partner whilst infected, not very granny is it?

casper #1077635 26th May 2020 10:13am
Forum Master
Forum Master
Originally Posted by casper
The regulations were designed to confuse, the lack of clarity is a hallmark of this government, it makes the truth hard to find, and the guilty even harder, and it is easier to deflect the blame onto someone or something else.

Just thought I would re post.

casper #1077636 26th May 2020 10:34am
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Pathetic, the whole lot.

Many have had to make similar hard decisions throughout this crisis, many without any support at all, both men and women to comply with the guidelines, is it also shame on them?

Media have lied really, who stood in front of the camera's and tried to dismiss the allegations of the other trips he made as lies with no substance ? can you explain the inflammatory accusations.

So anything I say whether true or false will be dismissed because I don't like the Tory party ( which is very true), yes I did mention Boris's hair it is part of his presentation as a jolly likeable chap ready with a quip a selling point the reason I did mention it because he plastered it down to make him look more like a serious leader, unfortunately when the real test comes, when it is a matter of life and death it doesn't work he lacks the qualities, that is way he needs Cummings so badly he will forgive anything, it is also worth noting that many Tories don't agree with his decision.

As to Kinnock, I didn't hear or read much about it (did he visit any castles whilst there?) and if he breached the rules then he should be dealt with I have no problem with that and never implied otherwise, but to use it as an excuse to legitimise Cumming's behaviour, well you know the old adage, two wrongs don't make a right, I also noticed a few Tory mouth pieces trying the same tactic, spread the blame point the finger somewhere else, aka throw some shit and it might stick.

And finally you say you would have done the same thing, so you would have visited a Castle and sat admiring the view on a towpath with your allegedly ill partner whilst infected, not very granny is it?

Same thing, yet again, Just to ask, have you managed to get your hair cut in the last two months ? There's a lot of people who haven't due to social distancing. Maybe your wife can do yours, but not all wives have a talent for such things.

However, that is of no concern.. Let's get to the real point you have dragged up about visiting a castle.... Barnard Castle in this instance . I'm not even sure if you actually listened to his testimony yesterday , Casper. Even if you did , nobody visited a castle, and do you know why ? Because all Castle's throughout the country were closed ! Barnard Castle is English Heritage, and one has to pay an entrance fee,,, it was closed.

He admitted he went to the town of Barnard Castle , and gave his testimony on that. There were clearly other people out and about around the town, and yes he said he sat by the river bank away from everyone.If you prefer not to believe his statement, so be it. It's not surprising as you don't believe anything apart from the bilge the Guardian, and others pump out on a daily basis. I suppose that not your fault though . He did clarify the point about herd immunity.... did you hear that ? That was another black mark against him in your book.
And yes, I would have done what he did. If he had been very poorly, then it makes sense to do a test drive before making a long journey. Particularly if there are no stopping places on route.. We've all felt wobbly after being ill.

Now go and get your hair put in a pigtail.

Last edited by granny; 26th May 2020 10:36am.

~Chief Seattle
casper #1077637 26th May 2020 10:41am
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
The regulations were designed to confuse, the lack of clarity is a hallmark of this government, it makes the truth hard to find, and the guilty even harder, and it is easier to deflect the blame onto someone or something else.

Just thought I would re post.

Exactly, that was the position taken at the time, then all of a sudden the position changed and everything was crystal clear as to the do's and don'ts . Why did it take so long for the sceptics and political activists to understand the clarity of the guidance ?

~Chief Seattle
granny #1077638 26th May 2020 11:09am
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Cummings had a potentially infected child - where was the sense in taking that child to a vulnerable household? Would you have done that to your vulnerable parents? Furthermore, travelling 260 miles in the same vehicle when you suspect you have CV is further increasing the chances the child is also infected.

There was absolutely nothing "exceptional" about his case - it was common to a significant proportion of the rest of the population of the UK, therefore he broke the law. The law was about infection, you can't use infection as an exemption from a law about that same infection.

And yes, there was a law - Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020 which came into force on the 26th March - before Cummings travelled. He broke the law.

Cummings is a professional tactician (come acting Prime Minister) - his remit is to get and keep the Tories in power whilst maintaining the Tories ability to freely steal and kill, he has no remit to do what is good for the country. He is Gollum personified.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
granny #1077639 26th May 2020 12:02pm
Forum Master
Forum Master

Pathetic, the whole lot.

Same thing, yet again, Just to ask, have you managed to get your hair cut in the last two months ? There's a lot of people who haven't due to social distancing. Maybe your wife can do yours, but not all wives have a talent for such things.

However, that is of no concern.. Let's get to the real point you have dragged up about visiting a castle.... Barnard Castle in this instance . I'm not even sure if you actually listened to his testimony yesterday , Casper. Even if you did , nobody visited a castle, and do you know why ? Because all Castle's throughout the country were closed ! Barnard Castle is English Heritage, and one has to pay an entrance fee,,, it was closed.

He admitted he went to the town of Barnard Castle , and gave his testimony on that. There were clearly other people out and about around the town, and yes he said he sat by the river bank away from everyone.If you prefer not to believe his statement, so be it. It's not surprising as you don't believe anything apart from the bilge the Guardian, and others pump out on a daily basis. I suppose that not your fault though . He did clarify the point about herd immunity.... did you hear that ? That was another black mark against him in your book.
And yes, I would have done what he did. If he had been very poorly, then it makes sense to do a test drive before making a long journey. Particularly if there are no stopping places on route.. We've all felt wobbly after being ill.

Now go and get your hair put in a pigtail.

So he visited the town of Barnard Castle and sat by a river bank why? if he was testing his eyesight and his fitness to drive why would require his wife to be him and why would they sit by a riverbank? surely he would have picked a route that would have tested his alertness and fitness to drive, without having to stop off anywhere maybe they let him take a break when he took his driving test and he thought it was okay, I mean being such a fine upstanding chap surely he wouldn't want to risk any injury to his wife, after all he didn't have such concerns when he drove his wife and child down there, and why was there an attempt to discredit the reports that he visited other places, you know the ones, the lies the press told, if anything it has highlighted to many that we have a government that is prepared to lie and deceive to protect its own.

As for hair cutting, I have never been one for long hair, fortunately enough I visited the barbers the Friday before lockdown, and have clippers a no 3 all over, done by my good self, nice and tidy no drama's, although I do wonder why Boris's hair appears to have stayed the same length throughout, not withstanding the attempt to flatten it down to make himself look more statesman like and believable.

cools #1077640 26th May 2020 12:16pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
It was his wife's birthday, surely that classes as exceptional - I mean, I'm amazed anyone would marry him.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
diggingdeeper #1077643 26th May 2020 12:47pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
It was his wife's birthday, surely that classes as exceptional - I mean, I'm amazed anyone would marry him.

Excuse me ! You handed your notice in on this topic last week.

I wouldn't class 15 mins break on a river bank much of a birthday celebration ! Why wouldn't anyone marry him ? Women like men with brains. Are you married DD ? No ! ok, sorry for asking .

~Chief Seattle
cools #1077644 26th May 2020 12:48pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

@ Casper, He was risking injury to his wife by staying in London..

I think that he has behaved in a far more reasonable way than those who now persecute him, surround and threaten his child's home - and apparently now also the home of his elderly parents - for what I believe are purely political motives.

~Chief Seattle
cools #1077645 26th May 2020 1:18pm
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
He shouldn't have gone. The rule was clear, stay at home if you have symptons.
Also the rule was brought in to stop the spread around the country. By leaving London, which was the worst hit area in the UK at the time, there was a chance of taking the virus north.
He ignored it because he thought no one would notice and it and has now blew up in his face.

Also, the driving 15 minutes to see if he was fit to drive was a load of crap. He says he wanted to see if his eyesight was ok but then sat down for 15 minutes admiring the view. I'm afraid you will know if it is ok, and certainly not drive if it isn't.

The only reason I can think of why they are not sacking him is, Boris will only have 1 leg to stand on if he is gone.

granny #1077648 26th May 2020 1:38pm
Forum Master
Forum Master

@ Casper, He was risking injury to his wife by staying in London..

I think that he has behaved in a far more reasonable way than those who now persecute him, surround and threaten his child's home - and apparently now also the home of his elderly parents - for what I believe are purely political motives.

Do you really believe that his family were under a threat of violence ?personally I would have felt quite safe with a bunch of journalists outside my home, locked down under surveillance, police on call, a proverbial Fort Knox, these people are the same as celebrities they welcome the media intrusion when it suits, are you suggesting the Labour Party instructed this gathering for political gain? or was it public interest as far as I am aware they haven't used this for political gain only asking for a enquiry along with many others, he had the virus when he took them on a 200 odd mile trip wasn't he concerned for his ability to drive then, even some of those Tories I despise so much have had the decency to echo the concerns of their constituents instead of trying blag it out, I also note you show concern that if Cummings goes oops! not a pun, it will affect what the government is trying to do, oh dear! the organ grinder sacked, who does that leave?

Page 33 of 55 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 54 55

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 8:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 3:37pm
Member Spotlight
Gibbo
Gibbo
Formby
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
Wirral waters
by casper - 2nd Apr 2024 11:32am
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 11:52am
News : New Topics
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Car paint jobs
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 9:04am
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,175 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,226 Spotted!