WikiWirral its great, register, enjoy and welcome.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,361
Posts1,033,315
Members14,578
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
6 members (2 invisible), 10,127 guests, and 404 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
PaulRobson, meolswanderer, Firminafirm, YesterYearGenea, Luke121
14,578 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 6:55pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
Topic Replies
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by diggingdeeper - 14th Apr 2024 2:42pm
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 13th Apr 2024 3:35pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 10th Apr 2024 11:00pm
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Abakumss - 8th Apr 2024 9:04am
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by casper - 6th Apr 2024 9:09am
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
casper 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Forum Master
Forum Master
Originally Posted by granny
Originally Posted by casper

So far as free prescriptions go in England... pensioners get them, unemployed get them, students get them, children get them, tax credits get them, low income get them, medical conditions with disability get them, maternity/pregnant mums get them.
In fact just about everyone does, apart from healthy working people above a certain income and I'm sure most Labour supporters would consider the rich should pay for their prescriptions.

A wasted promise to be used as a vote catcher.

And thereby lays the problem granny define low income, we are into the same territory as the 75 plus tv licence, just a few £'s can take people over the defining line for all kinds of benefits and assistance, and £8.80 is outrageous, so much for a free NHS, now I wonder who put these charges up ?

Not for me to define low income, that's already been defined by Government. I know all about the few £'s taking one over the defining line.. I live with it , but I:m not so jealous of someone else receiving all the benefits that I am not allowed . However, take away the prescription charges from those earning over £17,000 up to £500,000 plus and what is it going to achieve.. ? Nothing ! All it is going to do is reduce the revenue already used to support the Health Services. Maybe he will introduce a new Bill where those earning more pay a higher charge for medication. Nothing would surprise me with him and his Marxist cohorts.
I take it, Casper you agree with Corbyn on other issues too ?

Anyway, each to their own, and I still love you, as we are grown up and we don't need to spit venom across the internet as so many MP's did across the floor of the House on Wednesday . Kissy, Kissy wink

Yes granny I think most of us are sensible on here and try not to offend or upset each other when trying to make a point, although none of us may admit it, we can see valid points from all sides of a discussion, and no I am not a Corbynista, but I wouldn't touch the Tories or the Lib Dems with the proverbial barge pole, Its nice to know that I am still held in your affections, yours as ever casper xxx wink smile

Google Ads
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Good morning Saturday and Casper hi

Just for the record, I can't think of anything more confusing as is happening these days. If we don't leave on the 31st October, there will be a General Election ,as Corbyn and Swinson want. The way people are feeling in many places is despair and we can all see the devious twists and turns to achieve the end result against the democracy of the referendum.

If Farage stands in a General Election, he will win hands down and the crazy thing about that is, he didn't want to become a PM. or be in such a position. That is how I understood it, & why they were called the Brexit Party, as a temporary party intending to disband once we left the EU but they held a position of defiance and stood up for our democratic principles in the EU parliament.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Addict
Addict
Been married for thirty something years, now getting fed up of the nagging, so going for a divorce and packing my bags but don't worry i will be back each Sunday to get my Sunday roast and take my laundry to be washed and may even get a bit of nooky, That's whats the Brexit deal is about, we voted to leave so leave!, Don't remember having deals before we joined!

Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
We definitely voted to leave as a democracy, its only the MPs who don't want this, they will have to work for their living instead of just following the EU.

We had agreements before we joined, we will have agreements afterwards, what we don't want is to have a compromise on every single agreement by putting it into one package called a deal.

Attached Images
Referendum2016result.jpg
Last edited by diggingdeeper; 28th Sep 2019 6:24pm.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
The problem is, everything has moved on a lot more. They managed to secure Mrs May's exit.

Now it's become the best way to get rid of PM Boris, bring down the Government, and put Corbyn as temporary PM. How long after that might a General Election be held ?
In the meantime, Brexit would be cancelled and we'll be left with a Marxist Government .
All calculated and being actioned with the constant dragging up of muck to throw,the Supreme Court, the inquiries into alleged wrong doings of Boris when Mayor, Farage being questioned by police about a comment he made.
Someone somewhere is really throwing this country to the wolves.

But, I remember back in the 70's when the military were on alert waiting for civil unrest. I cant; remember what it was about now, but a programme was made revealing the extent of how, where , why and when they would move into action.
I can see similar happening if things get out of hand, but unfortunately if there's a military coup or martial law, then we are all doomed. Blow me, we could all run to the EU and escape, 67million of us !!

With regard to language being made in Parliament this week, people have conveniently forgotten :

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/09/26/four-times-remainers-used-toxic-language/

Take Labour MP Jess Phillips, who today will ask an urgent question in parliament about the PM’s ‘toxic’ language. In 2015, she said that, when the time came to oust Jeremy Corbyn as leader, she would knife him ‘in the front not the back’.

Lib Dem Ed Davey also led the condemnation of Johnson’s language last night. Well, in June, he said Remainer parties should unite to ‘decapitate that blond head in Uxbridge and South Ruislip’ –

Labour shadow chancellor John McDonnell has long refused to recant a speech he gave in 2014, in which he repeated calls from activists to have then DWP minister Esther McVey ‘lynched’, to big laughs

what then should we think about this chestnut from David Lammy MP. When asked on The Andrew Marr Show if he wanted to take back a comparison he had made between the pro-Brexit Tory European Research Group and the Nazis, he said that, if anything, his comments were ‘not strong enough’.

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTf6BwaX4AAINT5?format=jpg&name=small[/img]

I think we can make our own minds up !

Last edited by granny; 28th Sep 2019 10:39pm.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

......and I knew that Madam was up to something.

Amber Rudd : The rebels have even discussed using the legislation to give Mr Bercow the power to appoint a new British commissioner to the EU, with pro-Remain former Home Secretary Amber Rudd mentioned as a candidate.

Catch up on EU politics here : https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/World+News/International+Organisations/EU

~Chief Seattle
Forum Master
Forum Master
[quote=granny]The problem is, everything has moved on a lot more. They managed to secure Mrs May's exit.

Now it's become the best way to get rid of PM Boris, bring down the Government, and put Corbyn as temporary PM. How long after that might a General Election be held ?
In the meantime, Brexit would be cancelled and we'll be left with a Marxist Government .
All calculated and being actioned with the constant dragging up of muck to throw,the Supreme Court, the inquiries into alleged wrong doings of Boris when Mayor, Farage being questioned by police about a comment he made.
Someone somewhere is really throwing this country to the wolves.

But, I remember back in the 70's when the military were on alert waiting for civil unrest. I cant; remember what it was about now, but a programme was made revealing the extent of how, where , why and when they would move into action.
I can see similar happening if things get out of hand, but unfortunately if there's a military coup or martial law, then we are all doomed. Blow me, we could all run to the EU and escape, 67million of us !!

Yes I remember the 70's as well granny, certain people wanting to overthrow a legitimate government that was in office, David Sterlings GB 75 along with others to depose alleged Communist spy and traitor Harold Wilson(poor old Harold really), even Sterling got cold feet when he realised that some from the far right wanted to go further, so much for Tory democracy, power at any price, Just watched Boris on Andrew Marr, bumbling and bluffing his way through the interview, couldn't give a straight answer, the blustering and hand gestures giving him time to think of a get out.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Now you reminded me , it was Harold.

I think there was a lot more to it than that ,Casper. I do remember that his offices has been broken into and searched at one point .

Here is the account

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Wilson_conspiracy_theories

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Apparently there is a new 'Malta Agreement' been agreed this last week. Concerning redistribution of migrants throughout the EU countries. Unfortunately, Poland won't have anything to do with it, as they like Ukranians, rather than 'black', and they wish to keep their Christian cultures intact. (that must mean they don't want Muslims)
Anyway, I wonder how one country can choose, use their reason as having been under communism during the cold war, and now relish their freedom, but forget that many other countries now in the EU were also under communism during the cold war, so can they decline the Malta Agreement too.
Poland could easily agree with our exit from the EU and veto, but she won't because we benefit Poland more than Poland benefits the Poles.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...opean-union-migrant-redistribution-plan/

Universal Credit was brought about by the hope for simplification of a benefits system throughout Europe, enabling the process for EU members in other countries to be more easily processed and linked .

Last edited by granny; 29th Sep 2019 12:33pm.

~Chief Seattle
Forum Master
Forum Master

Now you reminded me , it was Harold.

I think there was a lot more to it than that ,Casper. I do remember that his offices has been broken into and searched at one point .

Here is the account

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Wilson_conspiracy_theories

Frightening times granny, we now have MPs being threatened by phone this appears to only happen to opposition MP's, far right nutters probably who have attached themselves to the leave campaign, I fear there will be no happy medium for Brexit either outcome could result in civil unrest that could give an excuse for those within the establishment that would wish to intervene to further a political outcome, history repeating itself maybe?

Forum Master
Forum Master
Just heard that shocking statement , Boris put his hand on my thigh!!!!!Oh Pleeeeeeeeese give me strength!!
Really scraping the barrel now!

Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Could be correct in your assumptions, but we must also remember the abuse Esther McVey was subjected to. McVey Murderer, the Wicked Witch of Wirral , and "Why aren't we lynching the barstard?" amongst others.
Where did it all start ?

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by cools
Just heard that shocking statement , Boris put his hand on my thigh!!!!!Oh Pleeeeeeeeese give me strength!!

A new one every day, isn't it , Cools. Twenty years to decide to raise the issue ?? I think the public are becoming well aware of the insidious means being used to get rid of him.

I wonder how many touchy feely acts the same woman has embarked on over the years to enhance her career ? Works both ways.

She's Robert Peston's partner ! It does make you wonder .

[img]https://www.telegraph.co.uk/content...B1kyMt0B_WY_iIKNyqmXqlQ.jpeg?imwidth=450[/img]

Robert Peston's words :

The father of two, who rose to prominence through his reporting on the financial crash of 2008, also revealed he found women were "predatory" towards him because of his role as a television presenter.

'I think there is a stalky thing that happens and I think women (presenters) talk about it more than men normally. You have to be slightly careful," he said.

Last edited by granny; 30th Sep 2019 1:14pm.

~Chief Seattle
Forum Master
Forum Master
Originally Posted by cools

Many women have come forward years after an assault, if it happened then it should be investigated what about all the abuse committed years ago by members of the clergy, if it was your daughter/ granddaughter ( or even son these days) then you would want justice, a lot of these abusers have been getting away with this behaviour for years, and now fob it off, Trump being an example, personally Boris wouldn't get a feel of my coat.

Forum Master
Forum Master
We’re talking about hand on the thigh here Casper hardly an assault...I’m pretty fed up of all this nonsense by women making minor things out to be more than what they were, man chancing his luck! And 20 years later , ridiculous! I’m of an age where this happened on buses , trains and anywhere else pervy creeps thought they could do it , they always got short shrift from me and shamed . That was it not nice but nothing to dwell on, told them where to go , over!
We all know why she’s decided to come out with this and don’t get me wrong I’m not a lover of Boris indeed all of them p me off at the moment I don’t know what’s going to happen but if you going to try and bring him down pick something better than that. ....I wonder if you would have been so outraged if it had been Corbyn!

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 8:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 3:37pm
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
Wirral waters
by casper - 2nd Apr 2024 11:32am
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 11:52am
News : New Topics
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Car paint jobs
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 9:04am
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,240 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,346 Spotted!