Our Success is in our members who value our strength as a valued community.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,280
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
12 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 7,879 guests, and 427 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 21st Mar 2024 9:27am
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Forum Guide
OP Offline
Forum Guide
Will be live on ITV4 from 10.45 to 15.45 with highlights at 20.00. There will be a certain amount of disruption to traffic during rolling road closures along the route, but it should be quite a spectacle.

Google Ads
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I went along some of the route around Birkenhead and Hoylake yesterday. The numerous places they have done a last minute micro-surfacing of the roads were bad. Loads of loose stones and no attempt to level out holes and bumps, along part of Price street it feels like tank tracks have embedded themselves in the surface (similar to those slow-down vibration things before junctions).

I hope the road sweepers reduced the loose stones before the race.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Addict
Addict
Well its nice to see Wirral Council ripping up good roads only to resurface them [ Poulton road,Seacome] while leaving bad dangerous roads alone, and then to do a bit of the dock road with loose chippings WHY!
Beauford road also loose chipping, WHY! The people who i work with in that road are outraged with the state of it, and riding two wheels is a no no, Aleady ready had channels forming and its only been a few days, and now the true comes out all this work is for bloody push bikes, and on the day roads closed no where to park, way to go Wirral Council. So most of us mugs that work be off that day?

Addict
Addict
Well as i have now looked at the route of this race, and seeing the council trying to get roads resurfaced which the cyclist will use and the rest of the road users who have been crying out for them to fix the roads etc and for them to do it for the Tour Of Britain, is a disgrace and heads need to roll for this, i suppose after the race the town hall will also be throwing a banquette to show how well they did, so the real question i want to know, and countess others i have spoken to, how much is this costing to stage, and will the ratepayers be left with another bill at the end of it, it won't bring trade in most of the roads will be closed, there's even signs informing us the road will be used for the race and its not on the route so lot of confusing going on here, for people who won't be even able to travel to work. Is the council going to composite the firms for lost of workers and the workers loss of earnings.
And for those interested, no i don't like pushbikes!

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
The Council just received a large grant to resurface roads and associated "improvements", as you say, this is being prioritised to cover the Tour of Britain course and possibly the Walker Cup (golf) approach routes.

While it is generally a good thing to showcase the Wirral in national/international events, the quality of the surfacing I have seen is appalling.

Here is a list of the roads the Council have planned (some already done) ...

Banks Road (Between North Road and South Road - east carriageway only), West Kirby and Thurstaston, hot rolled asphalt
Barnston Road (Telegraph Road to Storeton Lane), Heswall, surface dress and lock chip
Beaufort Road/Corporation Road (Wallasey Bridge Road to Cavendish Street), Bidston St James, surface dress and lock chip
Bedford Road/Old Chester Road (Junction), Rock Ferry, hot rolled asphalt
Birkenhead Road (Millhouse Lane to Barn Hey Crescent), Hoylake and Meols, surface dress and lock chip
Brimstage Road (Old Clatterbridge Road to Beechway and Talbot Avenue to Rose Cottage entrance), Clatterbridge, hot rolled asphalt
Cleveland Street (Rendle Street to Hamilton Square and Duke Street to Watson Street), Birkenhead and Tranmere
Conway Street (Vittoria Street to Watson Street), Birkenhead and Tranmere, hot rolled asphalt
Dock Road (Hickmans Road to Gorsey Lane), Seacombem surface dress and lock chip
Duke Street (Beckwith Street to Cleveland Street), Birkenhead and Tranmere hot rolled asphalt
Grange Road (Ashburton Road to Abbey Road), West Kirby and Thurstaston, hot rolled asphalt
Grange Road (Abbey Road to Black Horse Hill), West Kirby and Thurstaston, surface dress and lock chip
Grove Road (Between Dean Avenue and Consiton Avenue), Wallasey, hot rolled asphalt
Heath Road (Norbury Avenue to 104 Heath Road), Bebington, hot rolled asphalt and surface dress and lock chip
Hoylake Road (Susan Grove to Ely Avenue - and the Junction with Millhouse Lane), Moreton West and Saughall Massie, hot rolled asphalt
Kelvin Road (Between Wheatland Lane to Birkenhead Road), Seacombe, hot rolled asphalt
King Street, (between Maddock Road and Church Street), Liscard - hot rolled asphalt
Market Street (The King's Gap to Wood Street), Hoylake and Meols, surface dress and lock
Montgomery Hill (approach to roundabout), West Kirby and Thurstaston, hot rolled asphalt
New Chester Road (Torr Drive to Heygarth Road, Junction at Eastham Rake and 407-466 New Chester Road), Eastham, hot rolled asphalt
New Chester Road (Stanley Road to Rock Ferry Bypass), Birkenhead and Tranmere, surface dress and lock
Old Chester Road (Between 220 Bebington Road and Town Lane), Rock Ferry, hot rolled asphalt
Old Greasby Road/Arrowe Park Road (Junction), Upton, hot rolled asphalt
Liscard Village (Rake Lane to Liscard Crescent), Liscard, hot rolled asphalt
Park Road North (Duke Street to Conway Street), Birkenhead and Tranmere, hot rolled asphalt
Pensby Road (Grange Road to Irby Road), Heswall, hot rolled asphalt
Pensby Road (Irby Road to Downham Road North), Heswall, surface dress and lock chip
Poulton Road (Ilchester Rorad to Halville Road), Seacombe, hot rolled asphalt
Saughall Massie Road (Upton Bypass to Pump Lane), Moreton West and Saughall Massie, surface dress and lock chip
St Hilary Brow (Roundabout at Breck Road to Claremount Road), Liscard, hot rolled asphalt
Telegraph Road (Rocky Lane to Briar Drive), Heswall, hot rolled asphalt
Thornton Common Road (The South Lodge to Willaston Road), Clatterbridge, surface dress and lock chip
Town Lane (to be confirmed), Bebington, hot rolled asphalt
Woodchurch Road (490 Woodchurch Road to Carlaw Road), Oxton, hot rolled asphalt
Woodchurch Road (100 Common Field Road to 6 Common Field Road), Upton, surface dress and lock chip

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

Forum Guide
OP Offline
Forum Guide
A couple of the 'patchwork' pothole repairs on the road throughGreasby are already going dippy; wouldn't like to hit them at speed!

Addict
Addict
Thanks for the list Oh Wise one! As much as i applaud the Council for resurfacing a lot of road with Hot rolled asphalt, i don't understand the loose grit and now they are going over it with hot bitumen, in a few months time and over the winter its all going to wear away or come apart, so more repairs will be needed. And there's nothing worse than riding on a nice smooth road only to come around a bend etc and to come face to face with the loose stuff. They have even top dressed some footpaths by me, so the pavements look nice on the telly, also suppose that the streets will be cleaned on the morning of the race!
Anyway seeing how the route for the push bikes is boxing me in, just wondering if going to get to work on Wednesday?

Wiki Master
Wiki Master

They've resurfaced Heswall end of Barnston Road, this last week. Amazing what can be done when something other than the residents matters !

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Old Hand
Old Hand
Well I'm looking forward to it and keef666 is as thick as pigs**t. Perhaps you'd care to "composite" us for your stupidity.

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
link to a map of tour de wirral,. looks like some areas will be coralled by road closures...https://www.tourofbritain.co.uk/stages/stage-five/

Forum Master
Forum Master

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
There was a mess at the Barston junction, some of the support cars were clearly impeding cyclists. Some cars stopped short of the junction until there was a gap in the cyclists but some went to the right hand lane to take the corner faster.

https://twitter.com/AndyEverett/status/1171757786939711488?s=20

A bit late to join the conversation but thoroughly enjoyed the race, especially through the Wirral. We recognized (I was born and reared in Moreton, my husband in Wallasey) so many places - some seemed unchanged whilst others were almost unrecognizable from the last time we visited in 2000. Bit disappointed that the helicopter wasn't in use until the end of the stage in the Wirral as would love to have seen an aerial view of one of my favourite places in the world - BIDSTON WINDMILL. Oh well I suppose we can't have everything.

I see all the comments about road conditions - you should see many of the roads here in New Zealand, especially after heavy rain - huge pot holes apppearing that stay for weeks, if not months before councils get round to fixing them

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am