Our Success is in our members who value our strength as a valued community.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,347
Posts1,033,259
Members14,550
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
9 members (3 invisible), 10,089 guests, and 527 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
JohnC, Luke2307, jharwood, TamTam, mrbigglesworth
14,550 Registered Users
New General Forums
Do we need Trident?
by derekdwc - 20th Jan 2016 1:11pm
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
Looking for Joneses
by Markjon88 - 11th Apr 2019 7:06am
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 15
casper 14
bri445 4
Topic Replies
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:20pm
Gaza
by granny - 15th Mar 2024 10:13pm
Get your Money Tree ready
by StellaSimmons - 11th Mar 2024 11:50am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by bri445 - 4th Mar 2024 5:54pm
Xbox
by TudorBlue - 3rd Mar 2024 8:48pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by Abakumss - 2nd Mar 2024 3:52pm
Oleo Works
by diggingdeeper - 1st Mar 2024 11:51pm
Wiper mechanism needed
by Gibbo - 28th Feb 2024 12:29pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#1071370 31st Aug 2019 5:02pm
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Being hugely played down by the BBC, here is a list of the #defenddemocray and #stopthecoup locations today. Those with "+" I have confirmed as happening before I gave up checking, huge crowds of people at all I checked.

+Bangor Clock Tower
Berlin Unter den Linden
Malaga, Spain - British Consulate
Newbury Market Place
Ledbury, High Street
Windsor, Eton Bridge
Usk, Maryport St
+Dundee City Square
Tonbridge Big Bridge
Aberystwyth Promenade, Constitution Hill End
+Bristol College Green
+Newcastle Monument
+Exeter Bedford Sq
+Nottingham Brian Clough Statue
+Sheffield Town Hall
+Manchester Cathedral Gardens
+York Saint Helen’s Square
+Leeds Art Gallery
+St George's Plateau Liverpool
+Durham Millenium Square
+Bournemouth Square
Newport IoW Saint Thomas' Square
+Birmingham Victoria Square
+Glasgow George Square
+Brighton The Level
+Swindon, 29B Wood St
Leamington Spa Pump Rooms
Worcester Cathedral Square
+Clitheroe
+Buxton, The Slopes
+Plymouth, Armada Way
Cambridge Guildhall
Darlington, High Row
Newbury Market Place
+Oxford Broad Street
Saffron Walden King Street
Aberdeen Castlegate
Kirkwall, Castle St
+Lancaster Town Hall
Kendal Town Hall
Chichester Market Cross
+Belfast City Hall
Stroud Subscription Rooms
Hitchin Market Place
+Edinburgh - foot of The Mound
Preston, Harris Museum
Inverness, Falcon Square
Doncaster Mansion House
Devizes Market Place
+Derby City Council Offices
Bishops Stortford Market Sq
Lerwick Market Cross
+Ipswich Cornhill
Cardiff Westgate St
Middlesborough Centre Square
+Downing Street, London (and many more London locations)
+Colwyn Bay Clock Tower
Haverfordwest Castle Sq
Hull, Queen Victoria Square
Bodmin, Mount Folly
+Cirencester Market Place
Winchester Butter Cross
Hereford Greyfriars Bridge
Lewes Cliffe Bridge
Romsey Palmerston Memorial
Northampton Cobbler's Statue
St Albans, The Clock Tower
Amsterdam Dam Square
King's Lynn High St
Riga, in front of the British Embassy
Perth High Street
Llandrindod Wells
Chippenham New Road
Wolverhampton Queen Square
Taunton, Market House
Southport Town Hall
Keswick, Market Sq
Cheltenham, The Promenade
Preston Flagmarket
Roscoff Ferry Embarkation Pier
+Lichfield Speakers Corner
+Kings Lynn
+Cardigan
+Shrewsbury

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Google Ads
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
unlike the Beeb to downplay any anti brexit stuff. seems a bit rich to me to call it defending democracy.

Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by fish5133
unlike the Beeb to downplay any anti brexit stuff. seems a bit rich to me to call it defending democracy.

Its the objection to Boris's use of closing down Parliament to avoid them voting. Although it is mostly remainers, there are a fair number of Brexiteers (including myself) are against Boris self-appointing himself as a dictator.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

Wiki Master
Wiki Master

And Gordon Brown and Sturgeon didn't ?

So what you are saying , DD is that people don't want Boris , people don't want Brexit, people aren't now calling for a second referendum, but people are protesting for something and following that little upstart Owen Jones, and we know what he is.
I have to think that it's to bring the Government down. That is anything but democratic, when the Government is trying to act on behalf of the democratic vote of the people .

I tell you, there'll be a lot more on the streets if this is stopped and I have a feeling it won't be a pretty sight to witness. The originators and supporters out today won't be anywhere to be seen once it starts ! Have we not learnt any lessons from what has been going on in other parts of the world. Once society shows cracks and weakness the outsiders move in and considering there are a lot of Marxists, Leninists, and Trotsky's out there now.. it will be a lot worse than no bloody courgettes for Xmas dinner.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Plus the BBC outside reporters seldom work weekend's. Sky's the same. BBC did manage to report Lebanon/ Israel's spat today, used the same footage as Al Jazeera but ony half the story.
Yes, Hezbollah fired anti- tank missiles at an Israel site over the Lebanon border.. Israel retaliated, but BBC forgot to mention that Israel have made 4 attacks in the last week on Syria, Iraq and Lebanon, when 2 Hezbollah members were killed. So they were retaliating and BBC reported a slightly different version. But I don t remember BBC reporting any of the hundreds of attacks Israel have made on Syria in the last couple of years, or how the US and UK killed approx. 1700 civilians in Raqqa with their bombing raids . The list goes on, and on, and on, and on. Watch another channel.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Everything is so tiring now. Life is a misery and dragging us all down into different corners of the world wide issues that affect us all. Battles, battles and more battles, and we all get caught up in them thanks to politicians, activists, and anarchists.

I'm going to watch your post on mental health now DD< . Think I need it.

Down with Corbyn !

GO BORIS yipee

Last edited by granny; 1st Sep 2019 11:42pm.

~Chief Seattle
Forum Master
Forum Master
Here here Granny....can’t bear to listen or watch Corbin!!!

Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
No, I don’t think I said any of that @granny.

Forum Master
Online Content
Forum Master
[quote=granny]
And Gordon Brown and Sturgeon didn't ?

So what you are saying , DD is that people don't want Boris , people don't want Brexit, people aren't now calling for a second referendum, but people are protesting for something and following that little upstart Owen Jones, and we know what he is.
I have to think that it's to bring the Government down. That is anything but democratic, when the Government is trying to act on behalf of the democratic vote of the people .

You speak of the democratic will of the people, did the majority vote for a no deal Brexit ? oh we dont know because nobody was informed or asked, so now we have BJ telling us that we will leave with no deal, one of his party states on the news this morning that no new proposals have been put forward following the talks the PM has been having and nothing has changed and still remain status quo, so someone is telling porkies, no surprise there then, we now have the night of the long knives were Tory moderates are being threatened, I don't know about Marxists, or Communists, it is beginning to feel more like another distasteful party led by a dictator you know the one who started smashing up restaurants with his gang.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master

'No Deal' had already been put on the table by the time of the 2017 General Election. The Tory manifesto said 'No deal. is better than a Bad Deal' .

. Barnier says today EU will only discuss changes to the 'backstop' after MP's accept the current Withdrawal Agreement ! So no change there.

Casper, do you think that is right that the backstop has to stand and as the same Withdrawal Agreement has been voted against 3 times is there any point in going over old ground, yet again ? . If so, you are voting against the Irish, if not, what should the next move be. Someone has got to make a decision and the facts are as they are, there are no negotiations going to be accepted by the EU.

These protestors should be knocking on Barnier's door. It seems to me far more likely the EU are the dictators.
Owen Jones is a trouble maker, and comes from a Communist and Trotsky background. He is connected to Militant, doesn't think Venezuela is far enough left, and has previously been an advisor to John Mcdonnell. He's 35 yrs old, and about to turn this country on it's head if allowed. Just the very moment he and cohorts have been manipulating and planning for long enough.

If you think Corbyn should win a General Election and become PM, then quite frankly, I'm flabbergasted ! Let's not forget all those Labour MP's will be off the front benches in a matter of hours, but the most important fact is that it will all be too late.

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Just remembered, we now have Farage in the mix too. They did pretty well in the EU elections, which is another example of how the British public are thinking. NON DEAL !

~Chief Seattle
Forum Master
Forum Master
As a remainer I now just want the whole process over and done with.

The process is now at a stalemate, the EU won't renegotiate, so what's the point in delaying.

This opposition party group is yet another damp squib. They've had a meeting, will do more talking. And that's the problem - all talk, no action.

16 million voted to remain. Only a million recently bothered to sign an online petition protesting against proroguing parliament.

If they can't even be bothered to spend 20 seconds clicking a link, I can't see this national strike that's been bandied about working.

Forum Master
Online Content
Forum Master
Exactly Gibbo, Thousands can demonstrate or turn out to save a football club, but not their country.

Forum Master
Online Content
Forum Master
[quote=granny]

'

Casper, do you think that is right that the backstop has to stand and as the same Withdrawal Agreement has been voted against 3 times is there any point in going over old ground, yet again ? . If so, you are voting against the Irish, if not, what should the next move be. Someone has got to make a decision and the facts are as they are, there are no negotiations going to be accepted by the EU.

There are a lot of things I don't think are right granny, things quite frankly that should of been taken into account and given a lot of thought to before we even went ahead, Brexit was unplanned ill thought out, because no body in their wildest dreams believed we would vote to leave, a momentous decision taken on the turn of a coin, would you in all honesty make a life changing decision without careful consideration and all due diligence, yet that is what occurred, we not only leapt into it, we catapulted ourselves into it blindly, those that engineered it couldn't believe their luck, a few porkies here and there to help things on there way

Southern Ireland chose independence and remain in the EU, all other countries within the EU have borders, so you can see the problem, PIRA didnt mind hiding behind the border at one time, one foot in one foot out, horses for courses there I'am afraid.

Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
I love the way remainers keep stating the Brexiteers lied and totally ignore the much more common remainer's lies.

Dover and Calais bosses have repeatedly stated the delays will be minimal. Obviously it can purposely be manipulated to create queues but as it stands there is no need for queues in the event of Brexit.

WTO won't take long to finalise, we are just trying to push the boundaries at the moment. In any case we could copy our existing (EU) WTO document and tweak it to suite, nobody else has to agree with it provided it follows the basic rule that all countries are treated the same except where there are trade agreements in place.

The Irish border is an EU problem, Ireland and UK are part of the Belfast agreement which has not been rescinded, it was signed while both were members of the EU, the EU approved of it. If the EU want to force Ireland to pull out of the agreement then the EU has to negotiate it, neither Ireland nor the UK want to pull out nor renegotiate it.

There are far more countries outside the EU than in it, we are joining the normal and the way the most of the world operate.

The EU will negotiate, the UK will negotiate, the EU has always backed down when the cliff edge arrives.

The EU has more to risk than we have, Germany is teetering on an economic collapse, the Euro is highly unstable. "Hard" rules the EU have imposed in the past will suddenly have to change, something that was never done for the southern European countries who have got to be waiting for their chance of revenge.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
Xbox
by TudorBlue - 3rd Mar 2024 8:48pm
Possible Cause of Dementia
by diggingdeeper - 22nd Feb 2024 2:08am
Wiper mechanism needed
by Peter0787 - 20th Feb 2024 4:07pm
For Sale & Free
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
TheComputerLab
TheComputerLab
Wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
Floral pavilion promo code?
by TheComputerLab - 31st Dec 2018 2:11pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am
New Enthusiast Forums
Xbox