Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
8 members (3 invisible), 8,693 guests, and 424 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Better read this then Casper. I'm sure you can find plenty to keep you occupied. Snippets posted.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/factsheets/en/sheet/5/the-treaty-of-lisbon

when you see the words, 'exclusive competence' you can refer to this.

http://en.euabc.com/word/476

and you will read this... ' Exclusive competence '

When the EU has an exclusive competence member states are not permitted to make their own laws concerning that area.
If the EU has a shared competence both the EU and the member states may make laws, but EU law has primacy over any adopted national law, and may override the right to make national laws in the area covered by an EU law.
Article 3 TFEU of the Lisbon Treaty defines the following areas as exclusive EU competences: the competition rules within the internal market, the customs union, the common commercial policy, monetary policy for the Euro countries, the conservation of marine biological resources under the common fishing policy and the conclusion of international agreements as exclusive competences if the EU has a corresponding internal competence

http://en.euabc.com/word/577

Internal Market.

The Lisbon Treaty made the "internal market" a shared competence (Art. 4 TFEU). EU law therefore suppress member states' existing legislation and right to legislate in these areas. Necesarry competition rules for the functioning of the internal market are an exclusive competence of the Union (Art. 3 TFEU) and therefore member states may not legislate

http://en.euabc.com/word/2077 (easier read) and an A-Z index.

THe Lisbon Treaty includes virtually all of the provisions of the Treaty Establishing a Constitution for Europe which was rejected by French and Dutch voters in referendums in 2005. Instead of being adopted directly in the proposed EU Constituion, they were adopted indirectly in the form of amendments to the existing treaties in what was called The Lisbon Treaty.The term Lisbon Treaty is now generally used to refer to the Consolidated EU Treaties - all the treaties and amendments governing European integration from the Treaty of Rome up to the present time.
The Lisbon Treaty has been changed a few times since 2009 because of the financial crisis. It has followed the Nice Treaty, the Treaty of Amsterdam, the Treaty of Maastricht, The Single European Act and the Treaty of Rome. All treaties have given the EU more powers and introduced more majority voting at the supranational level.

The Lisbon Treaty established 106 new powers for the EU, and 68 new areas for decision by qualified majority in the Council

and this at the bottom of the page ! Did anyone tell us ?

507 million EU citizens have been equipped with an additional EU citizenship on top of their national citizenship. One can only be a citizen of a state

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Google Ads
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Where on earth did you copy that from? You realise its wholly made up!

The Lisbon Treaty was ratified and brought into UK law before 2010.

Did I mean the Europe 2020 strategy ? laffin

but it's not all made up, I have read various articles relating to some of those points mentioned.. AND I don't like the EU anyway, it stinks and nibbles away a little at a time taking more and more. I'm not EU citizen either, but somehow it looks as if it happened when I was asleep.

Last edited by granny; 20th Jan 2019 2:04am.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
The Europe 2020 strategy is a 10 year wish-list. its another program of committee meetings with the old boys network getting plenty of money out of it. The previous 10 year strategy achieved very little, the next hasn't been named.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

The 2020 strategy was set out in 2010 for the transition period up to 2020. In 2020 the EU 2030 strategy begins. We don't know much about the yet.

They have gradually brought in a lot of control measures to ensure that Brussels has Governance , and that includes all categories of our lives .

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
I see yet again the EU are trying the hard border nugget for Ireland, perhaps we should remind them about most of the 450 mile border between France and Brazil etc. Its exactly the same scenario yet only a few of the crossing points are full time.

Do the EU want to sub-contract the building of a wall to Trump Inc. ?

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
I see yet again the EU are trying the hard border nugget for Ireland, perhaps we should remind them about most of the 450 mile border between France and Brazil etc. Its exactly the same scenario yet only a few of the crossing points are full time.

Do the EU want to sub-contract the building of a wall to Trump Inc. ?

France and Brazil ? There's a 450 kilometre border between France and Germany, does that mean anything ?

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Was this part of project fear ? I think he says what most of us could agree with.

~Chief Seattle
Forum Addict
Online Content
Forum Addict
The border is in the Amazon rain forest between Amapá which is a Brazilian state and French Guina which is a French overseas territory

Salmon #1064780 28th Jan 2019 5:57pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by Salmon
The border is in the Amazon rain forest between Amapá which is a Brazilian state and French Guina which is a French overseas territory

Oh ! Now I understand. Thanks Salmon.

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Are we going to have food shortages with a 'no deal' , or is that more project fear out of the supermarkets ?. Maybe the time is right to open up a greengrocers shop or any other shop, sell British produce and show the supermarket chains, they need to get quality and not the old EU stuff that has filled their shelves on certain deals, and which starts to go rotten within a couple of days of purchase by the public anyway .

I don't think we will have any food shortages, apart from maybe the odd lettuce .. tasteless, pointless stuff anyway. It should be cheaper too not more expensive .

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
There will be a shortage mainly due to people suddenly stockpiling because of the scaremongering, this will lead to a temporary price rise from supply & demand, combined of course with opportunism.

No real harm in filling your freezers early and getting tinned produce in but only buy stuff you would eat anyway in the long term.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Stockpiling is the problem , at any time. Only ever did it once. That was when the 'gulf war' was on. We lived in Felixstowe at the time, and the USAF had/have their bases there. To hear those chinooks and transport carriers going out overhead to the Channel and beyond, was the scariest thing I have experienced. One after another after another, thundering weight passing overhead in the middle of the night, until the bases were just about emptied of men and machinery.
We had a caravan in Wales which we went to for 6 weeks summer hols with the kids. I was so paranoid that we were going to have an 'all out war' (we had even had Red Cross on the local radio station putting out a call for volunteers to take in children, if it was necessary) Went (me+4) to the caravan and first thing, I went to the shops and stockpiled , so that we could flee to, or stay in Wales if the situation became serious. The caravan had tinned food , bottled juice anything that lasted stuffed in every corner under every seat, plus a little miniature bottle of gin and tonic for celebration, when it was all over ! laugh It took a couple of years to get through that lot, and I vowed I would never do it again !

Sorry off topic, but same principle. smile

~Chief Seattle
granny #1064831 29th Jan 2019 10:30am
Forum Master
Forum Master
Originally Posted by granny
Are we going to have food shortages with a 'no deal'

I reckon yes.

You only have to look at the threat of bad weather to see the shelves get emptied.

But, aside from that, you only need a hold up in the "just in time" supply chain to see stuff run out. Look at the trouble KFC had a few months ago when they ran out of chicken because of a logistical problem.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master

When you do your shopping at Tesco this weekend. Have a look at to where the produce comes from.

I have just seen a video filmed of Tesco products, which for some reason I can't repost, but it shows

Green beans .........Egypt
Baby corn, ............ India
Broccoli spears......Kenya
Asparagus tips.......Peru
Asparagus bundle.Mexico
Mangetout ............Guatamala
Sugar peas............Egypt

The last comment is-- 'who needs the f--ing EU ? (said in an Irish Accent. ) The whole thing made me laugh.

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Claim today that 30% of UK companies thinking of moving because of Brexit.

What a total load of rubbish, there is nowhere near 30% of British companies that trade with Europe, the figure is more like 6% and of those 6% many of them will also trade with the rest of the world and are used to trading outside the customs zone.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am