WikiWirral Online with you since 2003, fantastic.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
7 members (3 invisible), 8,791 guests, and 428 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by stato
The reason I ask is this would appear to do exactly what Wirral residents want (not destroy the green belt) but will WBC react or just carry on regardless?

Here is your answer https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/ne...duction-in-face-of-population-estimates/

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Google Ads
Newbeee
Newbeee
Councillor Davies keen to appease the naughty government again!

https://johnbrace.com/2018/09/28/cl...eally-develop-any-part-of-the-greenbelt/

Just use the ONS numbers Phil, why do you keep making excuses?

Its clear now WBC do not want to use the lower numbers and want to find a way to have them increased (and then blame others)

Continuing with a local plan that includes greenbelt when its not required is very dangerous.

Irrespective of 'need' WBC can now decide what they like!

What this means is WBC WILL be releasing greenbelt first even though the government (ONS) data shows there is no requirement to do so.

And not a single one built will be social housing! well done Wirral Labour party

Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Does that mean they are going to compulsory purchase green belt and take it into their control to do with what they like at a later date ?

If it does, that's totally wrong , and particularly considering this Council have now spent about 20yrs trying to sell off their assets !

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Newbeee
Newbeee
They wont compulsory purchase, but they will be releasing land from greenbelt to allow the land owners to effectively build whatever they like.

There is something seriously wrong here. We now have Government data showing the number needed yet our council insist on going back to check if they don't want to increase the number!

What are they hiding? something must have already been agreed behind closed doors

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Build on the golf courses.

Newbeee
Newbeee
Shysusie they wont do that, instead they intend to build another golf course with the full backing of the Council leader! Oh and 140 Band H properties (yes Band H!)

What they are also proposing to do is use High value Agricultural land that provides local jobs and fresh produce to local residents and business to greedy developers for 4 - 5 bedroom houses. It is also removing valuable Free open spaces to residents.

And this Council is supposedly Labour!

Phil Davies blamed the government, he was then given a lifeline with new ONS data last week. Instead of seizing it and throwing out the abuse of our openspaces he has gone back to clarify and make sure they dont want to UP the number again! beggars belief.

I sincerely hope people understand what they are voting for in May. WBC pretend to be something they clearly are not!

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
The Council are quite right to check the Government won't change the goalposts (again), as Phil Davies noted the Government have an overall target of 300,000 new houses (to get their developer and investor friends nice and rich), the latest ONS figures does not total that figure so the Government will either have to tweak the requirement calculations or reduce their overall target.

The only thing that is being hidden, even though it is in plain view, is the Government's motives for the housing. If they truly wanted to reduce house prices, they would focus their building in areas where housing is dearest (if you reduce the prices at the top, the prices fall in the structure below) eg London. Also they should continue with the stalled programme of decentralisation. They won't do either of those things because their investor buddies are making huge amounts of money in property and land around London.

There is new Social Housing in the pipeline on the Wirral however its fairly pointless, I paid substantially less rent to my private Landlord than my neighbours did in their social housing, the two are not far apart these days because the Government introduced LHA which effectively becomes a target both for social and private housing.

Once the public start trusting the banks again no doubt the Government will re-start the right-to-buy con which is another way of transferring money from the poor to the rich. The basic theory of right-to-buy is sound however it needs to be controlled, something that intentionally hasn't been done previously.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Newbeee
Newbeee
Which brings me back to a point I raised a while ago.

If all we have is a council that has to ask and check if everything is okay all of the time, why do we bother having one.

They appear to have no responsibility or accountability for anything. They have become a very expensive post box.

If Phil is genuine why doesn't he just call their bluff and crack on with the figures given, if it messes up the Local Plan then yes he could then legitimately blame the government. Manchester Council have postponed there Local Plan in anticipation of the new ONS Data.

I find this whole ping pong match very frustrating to watch, its like the consultation process, why are we dealing with people who dont make the decisions. Im sure they also find the process as frustrating and none value adding as I do.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I know lots of people around Romford did the right to buy thing. Then bought themselves places in Spain to live and rented their former 'social house' to not people who need social housing but hipster types happy to pay the £1200 + per month going rent. So the people like me are priced out. One reason I ended up here.

Newbeee
Newbeee
short terms gains for long term pain unfortunately. Councils liked the idea to get properties of there books. If you've rented a house though for 40 years and you get an opportunity to actually own it why wouldn't you?

The bigger problems with all the houses being proposed isnt about the houses though its infrastructure, jobs, services. No comparison with site selection against 'spare capacity' in the system.

WBC plan of wedging in more and more housing along the A41 has been a complete disaster. There are areas now who dont live in school catchment areas because the schools that were once there have been closed or knocked down. The schools around Eastham and Bromborough cannot cope yet we see more and more developments being approved with no provision for extra services.

Look what the council approved at Acre lane. Shoe horn in another 220 houses onto a plot with only one way in and out on an already high density ex council estate. Oh and then propose to take away the car park at the nearest set of shops to build MORE houses on. Well done WBC planners, another fine example of top town planning ehh.

WBC idea to use a new greenbelt boundary that was first proposed over 30 years ago is now flawed. Since then the services in the M53 A41 corridor have become saturated, there is no spare capacity.

We are no reaping what we sow, and the more p!ss poor planning we get out of WBC the worse its going to get.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if our planners actually planned a proper estate with all the services and infrastructure it needed, rather than adding extensions to existing ones all of the time. They had a opportunity to do this and create a new motorway junction and train station but borked at the idea as it involved doing a bit. No instead its going to be more of the same P!ss poor planning unfortunately.

WBC talk of not just letting any development through, great! then show us the 'need' show us how you have planned in the extra demand on services and infrastructure, show us the Highways and environmental impact studies, show us the local jobs available for these 'new' local people.

Society is going backwards here on the Wirral. WBC seem very keen to create an overcrowded underserviced slum between the M53 and A41, once a beautiful place to live, meanwhile over in Birkenhead, no investment or effort to improve the real 'need' This area is now derelict with even the council offices falling apart.

Building more is the answer for Wirral, We need to build Better!

Grow a pair WBC and take control of the situation!

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
It's a shame. The Wirral is a lovely place and these idiots are trying to make it into a concrete jungle. I was talking to an old lady and she is 88 and can remember Wallasey Village having old cottages still and Prenton being fields and all the big estates not being built. Now the last bit we got left is going to be built on. Not to provide cheap houses but very expensive ones.

Seems the planners are quite stupid but then if they were any good at what they do, they would not be working for the council would they?

Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Apparently land at the end of the parade in Parkgate , past the Quay pub where the garden centre was, is in the pipeline too, for a couple of hundred. A beautiful location for property developers.
Not sure if that would be WMBC or West Cheshire, but another few hundred on land between Willaston and Hooton station . This is what I have been told.

Imagine Parkgate with that volume of additional traffic ? Bad enough now along the prom on a sunny day or at the weekend.

Maybe these are all suggested sites, but my goodness no stone has been unturned.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
lots have been happy to se a big increase of the population in this country and not give a thought to the fact that larger population means more places for people to live in.

Ships that pass in the night, seldom seen and soon forgoten
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Originally Posted by jimbob
lots have been happy to se a big increase of the population in this country and not give a thought to the fact that larger population means more places for people to live in.

Quite agree. I am not racist one bit. Far from it. But just been to Liverpool - ages since I have been - and for a minute I thought I was in North Africa!

Loads of black, Asian and Arabic looking guys standing around in groups or sitting outside cafes without drinks looking really miserable and cold.

I think our wonderful government is just letting everyone in and dumping them.

Last edited by ShySusie; 2nd Oct 2018 3:27pm.
Newbeee
Newbeee
Perhaps in London yes. But not on the Wirral?

The only people we have loitering around coffee shops is our ever increasing aging population, you know that really anti social mob of hell blazers causing havoc on there mobilty scooters.

The Young are leaving Wirral due to lack of Jobs not becasue there is a lack of housing.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am