WikiWirral is where great friendships are made.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
7 members (3 invisible), 8,791 guests, and 428 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1059514 28th Sep 2018 10:55pm
granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master

... and families ! I hope Teresa May and Jeremy Hunt have made the right decision. They have not headed the warnings from all the Syrian people.

This article conveys what most Syrians think and say about them.

https://www.rt.com/uk/439260-white-helmets-resettled-uk/

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Google Ads
granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master

(Heeded) laugh

Maybe some would like to watch this again..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGXAGlo2IpA

Last edited by granny; 28th Sep 2018 11:22pm.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Not one example given of what he was talking about, all he said was that Islamists were promoting Islam.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Not one example given of what he was talking about, all he said was that Islamists were promoting Islam.

Did you not hear him say that the white Helmets Head quarters were situated right next to the Islamist. What's up with you these days DD ? You seem to be trying to put everything I say, mention or try to discuss into the bin ?
I'll leave you to it but suggest you watch the video again and listen carefully.

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by granny
Did you not hear him say that the white Helmets Head quarters were situated right next to the Islamist.

I must be losing it, I don't understand the significance of that, what is it supposed to mean?

If Ashdown gave even one example of what is there that he considers "extreme" it would start to have some credence. Some people consider normal Sharia law extreme.

There is no claim that the two existed side by side at the same time, his comments suggest that both are abandoned they could have been abandoned years apart.

I just hear a load of words with zero content the same as many media sensationalisms of nothingness.

Ashdown's history is hardly convincing .... on his meeting with Asaad in 2016: “He was standing there surrounded by all this grandeur, yet completely alone, I felt very privileged. It’s terrible how the media twist things.”

The only people that get passes into Syria are Asaad sympathisers and White Helmet criticisers and Ashdown has had many passes (10 visits I think).

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Did you not hear him say that the white Helmets Head quarters were situated right next to the Islamist.

I must be losing it, I don't understand the significance of that, what is it supposed to mean?

If Ashdown gave even one example of what is there that he considers "extreme" it would start to have some credence. Some people consider normal Sharia law extreme.

There is no claim that the two existed side by side at the same time, his comments suggest that both are abandoned they could have been abandoned years apart.

I just hear a load of words with zero content the same as many media sensationalisms of nothingness.

Ashdown's history is hardly convincing .... on his meeting with Asaad in 2016: “He was standing there surrounded by all this grandeur, yet completely alone, I felt very privileged. It’s terrible how the media twist things.”

The only people that get passes into Syria are Asaad sympathisers and White Helmet criticisers and Ashdown has had many passes (10 visits I think).

Maybe I expect others to understand more than they do. HQ next to the Jihadist HQ, which had been a hospital but was now a school delivering extreme Islamic teachings. Connection is that they worked together..... WH and Jihadists. It has often been said and filmed. I don't think the original intention was for that to happen, however it has been shown that the wrong element could have entered into the WH's as a means of getting money (pay) and supplies through to the not so desperate people. The civilians have always said the WH treated the rebels rather than the civilians. Blackmail, or what we will not know. My point is that I hope these infiltrators have not managed to masterfully secure their passage to UK or any other European country incognito.
Ashdown of course will have 'many passes' as you call it. He's part of the Christian church that has actually done immense work in the region. Syria is a secular country. Before all this it was Muslim, Jew, Christian side by side churches ,mosques and temples all on the same street. This is what makes me so upset, everyone seem to think that Syria is an 'Islamic state', Damascus was the birth place of Christianity , the Syrians have for long enough had a multicultural attitude.

Anyway, don't believe these WH are people who have been hand picked by the Brits, one also wears a G4S shirt, so how many different organisations he works for we'll never know.

Last edited by granny; 29th Sep 2018 10:43am.

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I still don't understand why the White Helmets HQ being close to an ISIS HQ is considered a problem? They are a neutral organisation and like the Red Cross they work with both sides, that's the nature of their function.

granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master

They also stand on the side lines to witness executions, then immediately after, pick up the bodies and put them in body bags ! There is footage of this happening. Everyone can make their minds up, but general consensus is that many of them actually support the jihadists, and certainly are under their control.
One good reason why the ordinary civilians were terrified to go for medical treatment to hospitals or doctors, they didn't know who was running the show .
Syria had their own Red Crescent , the official organisation. They didn't need another by the name of WH which morphed into Syrian Civil Defence, which were self organised.

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Addict
Wiki Addict
Theresa May has confirmed that the UK will continue to fund the White Helmets, after the US withdrew £200 million ($271 million) in Syrian aid – including money that would go to the controversial group.

During PMQs Labour’s Matthew Pennycook, the Greenwich and Woolwich MP pushed the PM on whether or not she would continue to fund the The White Helmets, officially known as the Syria Civil Defence, a volunteer group that operates in areas controlled by jihadist and Al-Qaeda-linked groups in Syria.

“Despite the ever-present threat of death... the rescue workers of the White Helmets have never stopped saving the lives of their fellow Syrians,” Pennycook said. “Last week the Trump administration froze their US funding.

“With thousands of civilian lives at risk will the prime minister step up, pledge the government to plug the funding shortfall that now exists, and ensure these heroic rescue workers can continue their work?”

May did not hesitate in her response, praising the efforts of the non-governmental search-and-rescue organization.

“We recognise the very important and valuable work that the White Helmets are doing,” she said. “They are, as he says, doing this in horrendously difficult conditions. They are incredibly brave to be continuing with that work.”

The UK PM then pledged to review the current financial package for the White Helmets, hinting at further funding down the track. “We do support them, we will continue to support them, and my right honourable friend, the international development secretary will be looking at the level of that support in the future,” May said.

Although the White Helmets say they act solely as a makeshift emergency response team in a time of crisis, claiming to have heroically saved more than 70,000 lives in war-torn Syria, others question its motives. Footage from Syria has repeatedly appeared to show members of the White Helmets assisting jihadist groups, while multiple accounts from civilians suggested they only helped “their own” and use civilians caught up in conflict only for publicity.

Published on the 8th of MAY 2018

Last edited by snowhite; 29th Sep 2018 12:28pm.
Wiki Addict
Wiki Addict

(Heeded) laugh

Maybe some would like to watch this again..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGXAGlo2IpA

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I wondered what all the fuss about the White Helmets was. I thought they were a military motorbike display team.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
They also stand on the side lines to witness executions, then immediately after, pick up the bodies and put them in body bags !

Yes, exactly as the Red Cross would do, they cannot act or they lose their neutrality.

granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
In response, I doubt the Red Cross would stand by knowing of what was about to happen and then cheer and punch the air with fists as the execution was done.

I could put up videos but they are too horrific to put up here. All I can say is, that I would not wish to live next to or near some of this merry band of brothers. There are many videos ,one reporting the details and remnants of the WH HQ, Al Nusra HQ and vicinity that Ashworth was talking about.

For others to attempt to point out the truth about these so called humanitarian volunteers, who were electricians and shoe makers, not medics, are not gaining anything from their reports.
So we have to ask what are the reasons for people making such claims with footage and what most people could accept as evidence.
Exactly as Ashworth said in the video. Independent reporters have visited and reported and filmed, but their accounts are always discredited and dismissed.
I believe similar happened in Iraq. The truth was never believed until it was too late.

It's also strange that Raed Saleh, head of the Syrian Civil Defense,(WH'S) was refused entry into US, (on two occasions) due to possible 'extremist connections' it was reported, but maybe not. ! US funded them to the tune of $25 million . UK funded them to £60 million.

From what I can make out, one group saved the lives of a lot of cats !

Last edited by granny; 29th Sep 2018 9:43pm.

~Chief Seattle
granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master

Thanks for the above Snowy

~Chief Seattle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
OMG! Just been researching the White Helmets. Impartial and neutral they are not. I don't recall either the Red Cross or Red Crescent members taking selfies with severed heads while laughing. Sharing accommodation with terrorists (other terrorists I should say), stealing, looting, torturing, raping and killing. Why on earth are we allowing these people in? Don't we have enough terrorists here already?

Much of the stuff I have watched and read is just too horrific to put on here even as a link but it is all there on Google and Youtube including lots of first hand accounts of ordinary people who have had to suffer their abuses and terrorism first hand.

This quote says enough. Another article far too graphic for this forum details in pictures and words the White Helmets penchant for mutilating the genitals of their enemies.

“The White Helmets have been filmed describing Syrian Arab Army bodies as “trash” and one particular video shows them standing on top of a pile of SAA soldier’s bodies, whose boots have been removed or stolen. The White Helmets talk about the bodies in pejorative terms and they flick a victory V sign as the truck drives off “~ White Helmets Campaign for War not Peace"

Last edited by ShySusie; 30th Sep 2018 7:47am.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am