WikiWirral is where great friendships are made.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
9 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 8,070 guests, and 433 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Absolutely incredible support for Corbyn at the Labour Party Conference, the solidarity among party members is amazing.

Of course the media portray it negatively.

Just 5 billionaires control 80% of the WORLD's media and they donate to the Tories and do not pay UK tax. They have also done the same hatchet job to numerous other Country's left wing parties as they have here.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Google Ads
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
i

The same 80% don't report on what goes on in Palestine, or anything that is anti- Israel . Neither do they report on the truth of Middle East about the real problems, and it is know that anything pro Arab has been removed on many occasions from places like Facebook, You Tube and others,.but they will report on anti- Semitism. In fact I was under the impression it was 95% of the worlds media.
This is why we all get fed wrong information, or no information unless it has a bias in one way. The truth is not allowed to be viewed or understood and brainwashing the public into believing what the media and Governments want us to, has been apparent for a very long time.
Independent reports are dismissed, which is exactly what this guy says . "Why don't the media come and report it ,see for themselves" ?

But that would ruin the plan to topple Assad by the West on behalf of Israel . The horrible 'butcher Assad' as he is referred to by the US, but his people want Assad to stay for them. Two extremely different points of view.
The White Helmets who won the prestigious Nobel award for peace ! The Syrians know the WH are responsible for fake footage on chemical attacks. Who listens to the Syrians though ? They are unreported or debunked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGXAGlo2IpA

Everything is propaganda in favour of Israel, and manipulation as in the pressure brought against Corbyn. I don't like his politics much but there was a concerted effort to either unseat him, or to force the whole Labour party to collapse. I don't believe it was anything to do with the Tories, his own MP were raising the anti-Semitic against him points mostly from the Friends of Israel movement. For stupid MP's to be bringing up point scoring issues from 6/7/8 plus years ago against him, just shows how contrived it has all been. They must have spent hours scouring the internet to find suitable examples.
I think it was a wider issue, and a last ditch attempt to manipulate a situation to keep us in Europe by foul means .
New World Order ? More control by the 95% ?

Last edited by granny; 23rd Sep 2018 8:23am.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Forum Master
Forum Master
I wasn't going to get involved in all this politics talk again because I was frankly quite sick of the lot of them but every time I've switched tv on JC smarmy face greets me obv because of the conference going on in Liverpool..I've listened and watched but nothing warms me to him at all and all this monmentum tosh or whatever it is gives me visions of Derek Hatton and his militants mob.
I'm sorry if I offend all you Corbyn supporters but whether labour agrees or not people are allowed to disagree with your views and shouldn't have to leave their jobs as some have done apparently.

As for brexit if it's going to happen( which I have my doubts) I wish it would hurry up and get on with it!! Those EU Tusk and co are trying every truck in the book and personally I think they are terrified if it collapsing and their little cash cow drying up. I will admit I voted to stay in because of the jobs situation and that is a worry, I think the government should make it tempting and worthwhile for companies to stay with us . I'd love to see us do really well and wipe the smirks off theses EU Morons. All just my opinions....

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Corbyn has always been a leaver.

I think he'll find it hard to lead the party if it decides to campaign for abandoning brexit and staying in, although I think it would be a good move if the party did just that.

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Not a special fan of Mrs May or any current leaders for that matter , but if the vast majority of people - both public and politicians , who like to think they live in a democratic country , had just accepted the 'leave' decision and got wholeheartedly behind Mrs May from the day after- if the whole country had supported her in front of Europe and made a concerted effort to do crack on with the leave decision and make it work the best it can for GB, we might not now be staring into such a deep and humiliating abyss. She has faced nothing but deceit, treachery, disloyalty and back stabbing since the results .

Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Still waiting for May to appear in public in the UK.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
I can't really hold May responsible for the current grotesque cock up we find ourselves in. There are so many irresolvable contradictions in leaving that I don't believe anyone could do it.

It was a very stupid thing to do, and whatever you do after that is not going to make it a clever one.

If anyone is to blame it is the rabble-rousers in the brexit movement. Not for supporting leave, and not even for doing it by lying and playing fast and loose with the facts, persuading people that real problems were 'project fear' etc. No the real thing they should take responsibility for is taking the country into such a move without doing careful preparation - beforehand - as to how to go about it, how to resolve the problems, and basically by not doing their homework.

The result is that after years of wittering we have no agreement with the EU worth a bucket of warm spit, and may well crash out losing at a stroke a great deal of trade, the very profitable city of London, and a long list of major businesses transferring to the continent.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master

That is what I find difficult to grasp. Corbyn was always a 'leaver' and yet the majority of Merseyside, who are Labour supporters, voted to remain. Now they think they can change his tactics for a 'peoples vote' but that is not from the Leader they so revere.

I agree with Venice, but we also are having to contend with intervention from the likes of George Soros and Gina Miller, who was a Labour supporter and has now opted for Liberal Democrats ( has declined the position of Lib/Dem leader) and formed Best For Britain in 2017. Far too many wheels in motion all chatting away to EU leaders on different issues and putting their oars in until everything is last minute. Then there will be an uproar. Biding their time in the hope of another referendum and attaining the result they would be happy with, in my opinion ,will bring mayhem on the streets of this country. It is clear that many no longer adhere to the democratic vote, so what comes next ?.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Only 3 out of 8 Councils areas in Merseyside voted to remain.

Corbyn has said he will go with a democratic decision, if another referendum is democratically decided, he will agree to it.

It is such a mess now, some people would vote to remain purely because they don't trust what May will land us with even though they still despise the EU.

A referendum to agree the final deal would be pointless it would always go against the deal (or no deal), its going to be a compromise, its not going to please anybody in the UK.

Rather than give away too much I'm all for a no deal on the assumption that there will probably be a patchwork of separate EU/UK agreements put together rather than one deal. I really can't believe that come the crunch the EU won't go along with a free trade agreement of some sort.

The EU is desperate for money to hold it together, the only thing holding the EU together is bribes in one form or another. The loss of the UK (being a major lifetime net contributor) is a massive hit to the EU finances before you even start looking at trade. The EU project has failed, the distribution of money has never brought about the required outcomes of creating more net contributors, the Euro project has made this even worse.

Ireland is a claimed success but in reality it is being propped up by American money as much the EU, Ireland has a $40bn trade surplus with America, the overall trade surplus of Ireland is a tenth of that and many American companies operate in Ireland.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Three out of six councils voted to remain, DD. My error, I thought all but one had.

Damn right they want our money, and every time another country joins the EU they will demand more to bolster the development of another cousin, whilst continuing to keep control over each of the already individual member state countries. Control of ability to raise wages, controls on benefits, housing and infrastructure... They take our money and then tell us how and where to spend what comes back again. Great idea until it starts to crack with carrying too many passengers to a better life, because those countries can't make their own way. Divide all our industries up, which in all honesty, there can't be too many more industries they can transfer to these new countries in the attempt to make them successful nations within the EU. With the high unemployment in the southern European countries , one has to wonder how we managed to fair so well because we wouldn't next time around. If we stayed in the EU, within a short period of time, we would have the euro as currency... meaning locked in for ever, just like Ireland. How many billions, and why would US be doing that ?

Last edited by granny; 24th Sep 2018 12:45am.

~Chief Seattle
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
How many Labour supporters have never done a tap? Just wondering.

Birkenhead........ God's own Room 101.
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
How many Labour supporters have never done a tap? Just wondering.

Quite a few because the Labour party has far more disabled members than all the rest of the other parties together.

Of course the Tories don't give a toss about those that aren't slaves to their money making schemes hence 40 year old Downes syndrome people getting challenged regularly on their disability or people dying within two weeks of being assessed as capable of work.

Most working people are slaves, they do not receive a reasonable return for their work.

And if you don't agree with benefits and think they are a left-wing thing, how can you explain the right-wing parties wanting to bring in Universal Basic Income?

And there are far more people in work that fiddle benefits and tax than those that claim for unemployment and that costs us far more money than the few unemployed people.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
The loss of the UK (being a major lifetime net contributor) is a massive hit to the EU finances ...etc

Are you going to tell us "They need us more than we need them" again DD? We've all heard THAT one before!

I'm quite sure they can tolerate losing us quite well. Remember they will receive money on tariffs from what we export to them. And any losses will be spread over 27 nations not one. With a population seven times ours, the effect of the UK's departure will hardly be felt.

I wonder if anyone is going to stockpile food in case we have a hard brexit? We certainly will. It will help if there are shortages and if not will save us shopping for a week or two so there is no downside.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Can anyone tell me exactly what the intentions are of Labour. One says, a referendum, one says a peoples vote on the final deal, one says a general election, one says it's all in the mix . John McDonnell has come out with some astonishing intentions, with regard to re-nationalisation of just about every industry.

First and foremost, plans for re-nationalisation of railways, water, postal services, etc.etc. is not going to happen if another referendum brings a majority for remaining in the EU. John McDonnell says they intend to be in Government for the next 15yrs once elected. Does that mean they will bring about constitutional change with regard to democracy also ? Dangerous people.

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
No, the losses cannot simply be divided over 27 nations. The simple solution would be that net-contributors pay more and net-recipients receive less but politically that would not work. Germany is already at a civil breaking point as to how much they prop up the EU.

There are only three major net contributors to the EU and they are losing one of them, I haven't got the figures to hand but its probably something around 20% of the money they can spend to prop up the net-recipients. Most countries in the EU are net-recipients, that money comes from the net contributors.

Its the net figures that matter and its very rare you will find these quoted correctly and in a manner that shows the amount of net-contributions and net-receipts. What I want to see is our percentage of the total of net contributions (which I guessed at 20% above).

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am