Welcome to WikiWirral, sharing is what we do best.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,361
Posts1,033,316
Members14,581
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
7 members (2 invisible), 9,805 guests, and 419 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Rinchen, AGC12, Acorn, PaulRobson, meolswanderer
14,581 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 6:55pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
Topic Replies
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by diggingdeeper - 14th Apr 2024 2:42pm
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 13th Apr 2024 3:35pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 10th Apr 2024 11:00pm
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Abakumss - 8th Apr 2024 9:04am
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
cools 1
casper 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Originally Posted by granny

Susie, in this country the word 'poverty' is used very liberally. There are those who are poor but get the benefits to assist.. Agreed there is not enough social housing, and that is on the cards to be remedied. Sooner rather than later, hopefully. Let's not forget which Government brought in the minimum wage that took away competition amongst companies to employ the best. They all took to minimum wage, re jiggled the job description and after a Labour Government's initiative of bringing in (at enormous cost) all over the country, the Job Evaluation Scheme which saw many jobs reduced in numbers,( mine for one) many jobs placed in a lower banding and many upgraded. Those upgraded which where the ones at the top of the pile anyway, got handsome amounts of back pay . At the same time Peter Mandelson publicly stated on TV that he had no objection to people being 'filth rich' . That is exactly what happened between 1997 and 2010 at a revolutionary rate , causing greater divides between the rich and the poor. and continues today, but it was the precious Labour Government that caused it.

Now I have to go out.. so I'll leave you all to it.. and don't talk about me behind my back, because I'll find out.

Granny dear, poverty does exist in this country despite the fabulous benefits that the poor receive. I have a friend who sold her body to pay for a little holiday at a Welsh caravan park because her 13 year old son had never had a holiday and his school mates were jetting all over the world with their families. No Mum should have to do that. She lives in a damp dismal two bed-roomed flat. She cannot afford clothes or nights out. She starves so he can eat hoping against hope that her sacrifice can help him have a better life. Another friend lost an arm in Iraq and had his body scarred by explosive burns at 23 years of age and his wonderful country that he fought for told him he was not disabled enough for full benefits. Now he is alone living in one room on a pittance. Another who was a registered nurse developed mental health problems and was dismissed without a pension through an act that while serious misconduct, was driven by her mental ill health. This person who once stood beside surgeons in theatre now sits with others as unfortunate drinking cheap street cider. Just a tiny sample of the poor people enjoying the wonderful benefits of this great country. I only get the minimum wage and enough hours to survive. I know what it is like to wake up hungry and go to bed hungry. I wonder how I will keep warm this winter. I wonder how I will feed myself. I am looking forward to patching my clothes for another year. I am just a voice though. Just one voice among many. I am so glad you said the word poverty is used liberally Granny, it makes me feel so much happier. My life must be better than I thought. As a child in care for years I cried myself to sleep every night. As an adult I do not cry......I cannot afford the tears.

Google Ads
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Originally Posted by Gibbo
Originally Posted by ShySusie
No one should own property. All housing should be well run social housing with low rents and protected tenancies.

You need to make up your mind, earlier you were moaning that people can't afford to buy property - now you're saying they shouldn't be allowed it at all. That might be the rule in your Communist little world, but not ours!

Gibbo dear, do try and keep up. When I said they cannot afford to buy property that is a fact. I do not agree with property ownership but I stated that those that do want to buy property cannot.

I believe in shared ownership of everything. For instance if you have a 20 roomed mansion in Oxton you should live in one room and the other nineteen rooms should be given to the poor. Like me.

I am sure you would not have a problem with that? Also your Rolls Royce would be the commune car.

Last edited by ShySusie; 28th Sep 2018 4:03pm.
Forum Master
Forum Master
And you said the Labour government caused the property boom, and we all know it was the Thatcher government at the latter end of the 80's. when house prices went through the roof, property speculators buying one day and selling the next

Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Susie, in this country the word 'poverty' is used very liberally. There are those who are poor but get the benefits to assist.. Agreed there is not enough social housing, and that is on the cards to be remedied. Sooner rather than later, hopefully. Let's not forget which Government brought in the minimum wage that took away competition amongst companies to employ the best. They all took to minimum wage, re jiggled the job description and after a Labour Government's initiative of bringing in (at enormous cost) all over the country, the Job Evaluation Scheme which saw many jobs reduced in numbers,( mine for one) many jobs placed in a lower banding and many upgraded. Those upgraded which where the ones at the top of the pile anyway, got handsome amounts of back pay . At the same time Peter Mandelson publicly stated on TV that he had no objection to people being 'filth rich' . That is exactly what happened between 1997 and 2010 at a revolutionary rate , causing greater divides between the rich and the poor. and continues today, but it was the precious Labour Government that caused it.

Now I have to go out.. so I'll leave you all to it.. and don't talk about me behind my back, because I'll find out.

Granny dear, poverty does exist in this country despite the fabulous benefits that the poor receive. I have a friend who sold her body to pay for a little holiday at a Welsh caravan park because her 13 year old son had never had a holiday and his school mates were jetting all over the world with their families. No Mum should have to do that. She lives in a damp dismal two bed-roomed flat. She cannot afford clothes or nights out. She starves so he can eat hoping against hope that her sacrifice can help him have a better life. Another friend lost an arm in Iraq and had his body scarred by explosive burns at 23 years of age and his wonderful country that he fought for told him he was not disabled enough for full benefits. Now he is alone living in one room on a pittance. Another who was a registered nurse developed mental health problems and was dismissed without a pension through an act that while serious misconduct, was driven by her mental ill health. This person who once stood beside surgeons in theatre now sits with others as unfortunate drinking cheap street cider. Just a tiny sample of the poor people enjoying the wonderful benefits of this great country. I only get the minimum wage and enough hours to survive. I know what it is like to wake up hungry and go to bed hungry. I wonder how I will keep warm this winter. I wonder how I will feed myself. I am looking forward to patching my clothes for another year. I am just a voice though. Just one voice among many. I am so glad you said the word poverty is used liberally Granny, it makes me feel so much happier. My life must be better than I thought. As a child in care for years I cried myself to sleep every night. As an adult I do not cry......I cannot afford the tears.

Suzie, I am sorry you were brought up in care and the trauma you must have suffered because of parents or societies inability to do the right thing. I am assuming you were in childcare about 40 yrs ago .
I agree there is inequality in this country, but so there is in every country. Many of us have had issues you mention to deal with, myself included, although no one would have wanted my body parts ! Selling body parts for a holiday, if you don't mind me saying , sounds bloody ridiculous !

Anyway, with all your grievances against today' s society , what do you think Corbyn would do to change it all for you ?

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Suzie, I am sorry you were brought up in care and the trauma you must have suffered because of parents or societies inability to do the right thing. I am assuming you were in childcare about 40 yrs ago .
I agree there is inequality in this country, but so there is in every country. Many of us have had issues you mention to deal with, myself included, although no one would have wanted my body parts ! Selling body parts for a holiday, if you don't mind me saying , sounds bloody ridiculous !

Anyway, with all your grievances against today' s society , what do you think Corbyn would do to change it all for you ?

Oh Granny it was not body parts she sold, it was her body to men for sex. I have done it too through sheer hunger and desperation in the very bad old days. I lived on the streets for a while following care and it provided the money to eat. Sometimes oddly it provided warmth through physical contact and comfort too even though you were being abused and used. Just to feel another human hug you when you are freezing cold and wet and hungry can be so lovely and warming until he shoves a £10 note in your hand and walks away ashamed.

What do I want from Jeremy Corbyn and what would he change? He is an honest man, he takes nothing, he feels for people, h is genuine. I WANT A WORLD WHERE US, THE TRASH PEOPLE, THE NOTHINGS. THE NOBODYS ARE GIVEN SOME RESPECT.

That's all. I met Tony Blair once when he came to hostel I was living in and he looked at me, I was 19 arms covered in scars, evidence of drug use on my face and body, unwashed, dirty clothes and he looked at me as though I was a piece of filth, flashed his toothy smile and moved on.

I met Jeremy Corbyn too years later. Believe me that man is Christlike in his compassion. He made me feel special he really did.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Well Suzie, I have no reason to dispute your emotions or even pass judgement. Corbyn is like a father figure to many, and anyone who has felt rejection, isolation and loneliness ( which comes in many forms) will no doubt be comforted by his fatherly mannerisms that sometimes show through.
Having said that, it does not make him the healer of the worlds problems, nor indeed the UK's problems and because he feels like a father figure to so many, it is not good reason to vote for a man who is being a puppet for Marxists and Trotskyites .

He now wants freedom of movement, last year he wanted controlled migration. He wants freedom of movement to get 'cheap labour' into this country.... that to me seems somewhat hypocritical , considering his pretence on humanitarian causes. I call it modern day slavery.

I will however, support him on his intentions towards the Middle East, Palestine, Syria, Yemen and then Myanmar, although how he will be able to bring about any change in those areas, I fail to see. Just a voice in the dark, knowing full well that his words would make no impact whatsoever in those regions, particularly if we should disarm .

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by casper
And you said the Labour government caused the property boom, and we all know it was the Thatcher government at the latter end of the 80's. when house prices went through the roof, property speculators buying one day and selling the next

...and one of the most famous of those to benefit was Derek Hatton. Member of the Labour party, belonging to Trotskyist Militant group. and who became a property developer and millionaire !! Nuff said !

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
He now wants freedom of movement

Reference? I've never seen him say that. I have seen the media attack him on this point as though he had said it, when he hadn't.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

Reference? I've never seen him say that. I have seen the media attack him on this point as though he had said it, when he hadn't.

28/02/2018

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...to-guarantee-workers-and-migrants-rights

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

28/02/2018

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...to-guarantee-workers-and-migrants-rights

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/labour-not-call-second-eu-11927356

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Nowhere does that say Corbyn or the Labour Party has proposed freedom of movement.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

Wiki Master
Wiki Master

so what exactly does he mean by this remark.. ?

Mr Corbyn repeated his point that a Labour's Brexit immigration policy would tackle workers being "brought in wholescale" and having their rights undermined.

But asked if he wanted "easy movement" of people into Britain after that, he replied: "Indeed".

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Not Labour Party Conference, but I wish Boris would take a long walk off a short pier. He might not like Chequers as many don't but he just has to keep popping up like a bad penny to throw more confusion into the mix at the wrong time, as per usual..

I wish there was a new party which we could feel an affiliation with , rather than all these conflicting politicians ,on both/all sides for the main purpose of brownie points and backroom fiddling. Let's just get on with this Brexit and then please can we have a party of integrity.

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master

so what exactly does he mean by this remark.. ?

Mr Corbyn repeated his point that a Labour's Brexit immigration policy would tackle workers being "brought in wholescale" and having their rights undermined.

But asked if he wanted "easy movement" of people into Britain after that, he replied: "Indeed".

Easy movement for those entitled to come in (through points based system or whatever), it doesn't mean free for all, Corbyn has been adamant all along that he does not want freedom of movement and specifically stating that at dates after the "wholesale" comment which was about workers rights.

Seasonal roaming workers are an important part of our farming industry (as they are with other countries), there needs to be a means of allowing them to continue. They are nothing to do with immigration.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master

There's a difference between migrate and immigrate. He's talking about migrate, which is what we have now (roaming workers) with EU member states. That's the big issue isn't it because all the farmers think they won't be getting their cheap labour for the strawberry season etc. ?

~Chief Seattle
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 8:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 3:37pm
Member Spotlight
Gibbo
Gibbo
Formby
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
Wirral waters
by casper - 2nd Apr 2024 11:32am
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 11:52am
News : New Topics
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Car paint jobs
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 9:04am
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,288 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,423 Spotted!