Our Success is in our members who value our strength as a valued community.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,361
Posts1,033,315
Members14,578
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
5 members (2 invisible), 10,130 guests, and 405 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
PaulRobson, meolswanderer, Firminafirm, YesterYearGenea, Luke121
14,578 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 6:55pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
Topic Replies
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by diggingdeeper - 14th Apr 2024 2:42pm
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 13th Apr 2024 3:35pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 10th Apr 2024 11:00pm
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Abakumss - 8th Apr 2024 9:04am
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by casper - 6th Apr 2024 9:09am
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
casper 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Derek Hatton is back in the Labour Party !

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Google Ads
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Last edited by Mark; 28th Sep 2018 6:58am.
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Last edited by Mark; 28th Sep 2018 6:59am.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Forum Master
Online Content
Forum Master
Originally Posted by ShySusie
I work with 14 to 20 year olds and believe me not a single one of them would vote tory.

Loaded statement, much? I notice you don't say where you work with them. I bet its not anywhere in the West of Wirral is it?

Forum Master
Online Content
Forum Master
What does the working person achieve today? If they are very, very lucky a modest little house paid off after a back breaking 30 years

And? My grandparents couldn't afford their own home. My parents only just managed it.

You talk as if its only recently that people can't afford a house. You might be convieniently forgetting the massive house price boom during the Labour years. I bought my house in 2001 for £56,000. In just two years it shot up to £165,000.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Originally Posted by Gibbo
What does the working person achieve today? If they are very, very lucky a modest little house paid off after a back breaking 30 years

And? My grandparents couldn't afford their own home. My parents only just managed it.

You talk as if its only recently that people can't afford a house. You might be convieniently forgetting the massive house price boom during the Labour years. I bought my house in 2001 for £56,000. In just two years it shot up to £165,000.

Well Gibbo that was NEW Labour and the person who lead that right wing party was perhaps the most evil world leader of our times. A failed barrister, liar, a hyprocrite and a murderer. He soaked the Middle East in blood, killed hundreds of our troops and crippled thousands more and lead to the deaths of 2,500.000 + Muslims.He started a conflict based on lies that still threatens our safety daily while he gets £85,000 a shot for after dinner speaking.

No one should own property. All housing should be well run social housing with low rents and protected tenancies.

Last edited by ShySusie; 28th Sep 2018 10:07am.
Forum Master
Forum Master

I see your trying to change history again Gibbo, tell me again who was in power 1980- 1990 when the property market went berserk with gazumping and garages being sold for hundreds of thousands around London, oh yes wasn't it Margret something, anyway lets not pour water on a good story.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I work with 14 to 20 year olds and believe me not a single one of them would vote tory.

Loaded statement, much? I notice you don't say where you work with them. I bet its not anywhere in the West of Wirral is it?

How on earth do you make the assumption that young people in West Wirral would be tory supporters? I mean it's hardly Surrey is it with rising crime, social problems and West Kirby full of gangs of rowdy youths?

I don't know if you actually noticed the last election but a Labour MP was elected in West Wirral! And if we are to believe the polls, there was a swing to Labour among young people which was able to defeat the crusty old crabs hoping to keep the area conservative.

And this just further proves my argument. Young people in West Wirral and everywhere else are no longer shackled by the traditions of their parents. They no longer have pictures of Winston Churchill pasted on their walls. They are not fooled with dreams of empire and the days when half the world was red.

Young people want fairness, honesty and equality for all and they know Jeremy Corbyn will deliver that.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by casper
Originally Posted by muzzy2
Has anyone noticed that Corbyn is becoming more and more like a Cult leader, like one of the Religious groups that are fanatical in America. Just seeing pictures of him on the platform with his arms raised to an adoring hoard looked just like that. Is this the future ? Doesn't bear thinking about.

Well you may be right but one thing is certain we don't see adoring crowds at the Tory conference, we are a divided nation not just at borders, but North and South, we are not moving forward we are stepping back, the needless austerity has produced nothing of value only made the poor poorer, we are being led into a low wage economy with no workers rights or protection, the blueprint for a Tory Britain, with those least able paying for it, Remember on yer bike Tebbit, one of the first to jump on the privatisation band wagon, they are like vampires sucking the good and worth out of anything for profit.

Casper, (much as I still love you smile ) North and South divide has always been, this time we all had to eat out of the same trough , which is why they argue and think we are the uneducated masses from the North who voted for Brexit.
We don't see adoring crowds for Tories in the same way as Labour, because Tories are not rebel rousers.
Austerity is not just in UK, it is/was all over Europe and US .
In case you hadn't realised Casper, it was the EU has led us into a low wage economy, it is the EU that has overseen massive increases in unemployment far worse than the UK in many EU countries. It is the EU that has changed the rules that UK have had to abide by. It was Blair who signed the New EU Constitution which took us on from the Common Market he also promised a referendum on it in 2004 but never followed through. That's when things changed drastically and the roller coaster continued until they ran out of money (remember that ?) .

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/blair-signs-new-eu-constitution-535500.html

Tony Blair joined other EU leaders today in putting his signature to the new European Constitution - as Jack Straw disclosed that the promised referendum on the treaty would not be held until 2006.

The ceremony took place in the ornate surroundings of the Palazzo dei Conservatori in the heart of ancient Rome where the original treaty establishing the Common Market was signed 47 years ago.

It marked the start of a two-year ratification process in which the treaty has to be accepted into law by the national parliaments of all the member states.

Like a number of the leaders putting their names to the document, Mr Blair is committed to holding a referendum on the treaty - any one of which could derail the whole process if the people vote "no".

Last edited by granny; 28th Sep 2018 11:03am.

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Correction. Not the EU that introduced UK minimum wage, but they have followed . It was the introduction of the Low Pay Commission (LPC) by Tony Blair's Government in 1999, which advises Governments on what the minimum wage should be.
That's probably why my wages went down by £1.20 an hour when I moved from a different part of the country and did exactly the same job.

~Chief Seattle
Forum Master
Forum Master
Originally Posted by granny

Correction. Not the EU that introduced UK minimum wage, but they have followed . It was the introduction of the Low Pay Commission (LPC) by Tony Blair's Government in 1999, which advises Governments on what the minimum wage should be.
That's probably why my wages went down by £1.20 an hour when I moved from a different part of the country and did exactly the same job.

Not like you to make mistakes granny, I think it was restructure of gradings and pay rates made by the Whitley council that affected those working in local government, and if you worked in London you would have received the weighting allowance, still £1 20 is a big hit.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
The tory rags led by the Daily Malice, continue to make Jeremy Corbyn the anti-Christ. Common accusations are (but not limited to) .................

1. He is a Communist! ...........I am not aware of a shred of evidence to link him with membership of the Communist Party. I believe in a moneyless world where all ownership is common and people live in a mutually beneficial society. I do not think that makes me dangerous.

2. He supports/supported the IRA!..............While not actively supporting the IRA (he stands against terrorism like the rest of us) he did speak out against UK policies in Northern Ireland when he felt there was injustice like many other politicians. During the black and tan period many cross party members and aristocrats condemned British policy in Ireland......no one accused any of them of 'supporting the IRA'. I speak out against the allied bombings of Dresden, Hamburg and other German cities right at the end of the war.....t does not mean I support the Nazi regime.

3.He likes Palestinians!..................How dare he?! What is there to like about people driven from their land, murdered in their beds, denied any rights and made pass through cattle crushes twice a day to go to work?

4.He is a jew baiter! ....................That's because he likes Palestinians and protests against children being shot dead in front of their families.

5. He dresses 'scruffy'!...........OMG! When are we as intelligent human beings going to finally bin this theory that clothes maketh the man, woman, transperson? I dream of the day when fashion is binned and we all wear boiler suits and all look the same. Just because he does not wear £2000 suits he is scruffy! I want to see an end to the masonic lodge driven clothing protocols of parliament.

6. He was disrespectful at Remembrance Sunday! ...................................He was actually the only politician to stay pack and speak to the ordinary veterans while the rest of the royalty rabble and other rabble disappeared to eat canapes and drink champagne.

7. He is dangerous! ........Oh yes he is! He is going to be Prime Minister in May 2019 and the thieves, exploiters and fat cats better get scared BECAUSE HE WILL TURN YOUR WORLD UPSIDE DOWN!!!!!

Last edited by ShySusie; 28th Sep 2018 1:56pm.
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by casper
Originally Posted by granny

Not like you to make mistakes granny, I think it was restructure of gradings and pay rates made by the Whitley council that affected those working in local government, and if you worked in London you would have received the weighting allowance, still £1 20 is a big hit.

No, didn't work in London, but worked in Suffolk, which was mainly a rural community.

~Chief Seattle
Forum Master
Forum Master
Further to the North South divide,the Tory government spent £40,000 of taxpayers money trying to hide how rarely its Northern Powerhouse minister visited the North,James Wharton rarely left London and his diary of identifiable locations showed 90% of them were in London, the Information Commissioners office found the government guilty of "wilful procrastination in order to obstruct", plenty of money still left hanging on the magic money tree for the use of the Tory party in its efforts to deceive the public and cover up its indiscretions then.

Forum Master
Online Content
Forum Master
No one should own property. All housing should be well run social housing with low rents and protected tenancies.

You need to make up your mind, earlier you were moaning that people can't afford to buy property - now you're saying they shouldn't be allowed it at all. That might be the rule in your Communist little world, but not ours!

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 8:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 3:37pm
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
Wirral waters
by casper - 2nd Apr 2024 11:32am
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 11:52am
News : New Topics
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Car paint jobs
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 9:04am
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,240 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,349 Spotted!