Our Success is in our members who value our strength as a valued community.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,280
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
11 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 7,906 guests, and 508 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 21st Mar 2024 9:27am
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1056259 26th Jun 2018 11:06am
granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master

Many will suffer I'm sure, when people are out at work and the animals in cages go unnoticed. No airflow or baking heat. Water dried up etc.

Our canine friends despite care and concern could also suffer from hot pavements/ground under their paws. So best not to stand chatting whilst the loved doggies are subjected to dancing on the spot . .... just a thought !

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Google Ads
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Yes, sadly .Small furries caged and facing South , roasting dogs in cars whilst people are 'only away for a few minutes' , and dragging dogs along in the heat of the day . When I see these short nosed dogs like pugs pekes and Boston terriers , snotting and snorting , struggling hard for every breath , it makes me so sad to think they are deliberately bred that way - why to people choose to buy them knowing that I wonder?
On a nicer thought, weve got water out for the hedgehogs and birds atm , and I just love watching the blackbirds bathing !

Forum Master
Forum Master
Already I have read of dogs being left in cars.One yesterday at Cheshire Oaks & 2 dogs left in a car in York.I got in my car before & the outside temp was 33 degrees,I wouldn't of put Willow in it until I'd had the doors & windows open.when I had Misty & now Willow they get walked early morning & walked at a slower pace. I've seen pugs & Frenchies out in the heat of the day struggling to breath.Worst is these idiots who decide to jog & run with their dogs in this heat.

no1s gonna keep me from u
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
One in Aldi today spotted by RSPCA, temperature in car was 99.7 (37.6 centigrade), police came.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master

For the life of me, I cannot understand people putting dogs in cars in this weather anyway, that is unless they have a vet's appointment.
What happens to the dogs that are taken out of the cars, like the one you mention DD ? Are the dogs removed from the owners ? That's quite sad too, .........for the dog .

My son's dog is black and he can't take the heat at all. Someone said black dogs can't take it the same way. We put up a kids gazebo for him today, so he has some shade if needed, but he preferred to be indoors at the time.

Feeling much the same..

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master

On the mention of bird baths and hedgehogs, by Venice, I have a paint roller tray for the frogs underneath a bush. Different levels of water so makes it nice and easy to slip in for a dip , or dabble toes on the edge !
Hedgehogs have their own water dish.
The bird bath (stone) I have emptied and filled up twice a day , mainly because the water is at almost boiling point ! The stone bath was absolutely too hot to touch this am. so the water was pretty warm by 11.00 am.
Just refreshed it again, now the sun is off.

~Chief Seattle
Forum Master
Forum Master
Originally Posted by granny

For the life of me, I cannot understand people putting dogs in cars in this weather anyway, that is unless they have a vet's appointment.
What happens to the dogs that are taken out of the cars, like the one you mention DD ? Are the dogs removed from the owners ? That's quite sad too, .........for the dog .

My son's dog is black and he can't take the heat at all. Someone said black dogs can't take it the same way. We put up a kids gazebo for him today, so he has some shade if needed, but he preferred to be indoors at the time.

Feeling much the same..

The dogs I read about today in York were taken by the RSPCA,fortunately they were ok & the owners were spoken to.I should imagine they will be prosecuted.

granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master

Hi Star. Anyone would think that after all the publicity, warnings and prosecutions in such matters, apart from the 'common sense' aspect, dog owners would be the most informed of any groups of animal owners.

Another scorcher tomorrow. !

~Chief Seattle
granny #1056290 26th Jun 2018 10:06pm
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Did a garden in New Brighton and the sparrows kept trying to get to a water bowl the owner had put out unfortunately it was empty (evaporated) but owner did refill it and some happy sparrows..

granny #1056291 26th Jun 2018 11:09pm
granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Ah, the sparrows love a little bath ,don't they fish.?

About 10.30pm tonight, I had the back door open, still enough light to avoid putting the kitchen light on and avoiding an influx of moths. I heard a grating noise, a couple of times outside the back door. Looked out and there immediately outside was Mrs Tiggywinkle. (or Mr T).
No idea what the noise was other than it trying to get under the gate, or coming in from the other side of the gate.. It did sound like a rough noise dragging over something.
So I put out a saucer of water, threw a bit of tonight's cooked cauliflower, and a handful of meal worms.
It went to hide a couple of feet away under a few leaves and branches, and that was all I saw. Watched with eyes in stark glaring mode, hoping not to miss it for about 30mins, but no, it wasn't going to reveal itself, unless it scurried away without me being keen enough to see.
Better get some proper food tomorrow. I think we can buy it but not sure where from.

I was feeding blackbirds cherries a couple of weeks ago, when it was hot. They loved them. Then I found out how much it was costing me.. BH ! One bag on which I checked the price was about £4.50 so that was the end of that !
Never was very good at weights and measures. frown

Last edited by granny; 26th Jun 2018 11:10pm.

~Chief Seattle
granny #1056300 27th Jun 2018 11:31am
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
This might be useful information if you do see a dog in a hot car . Explains how to approach saving it without ending up being in trouble yourself with possibly breaking laws .
--------------------------------------
Don't be afraid to dial 999, the police will inform us if animal welfare assistance is required.

Help a dog in a hot car

Establish the animal's health and condition. If they're displaying any signs of heatstroke dial 999 immediately.

If the situation becomes critical for the dog and the police are too far away or unable to attend, many people's instinct will be to break into the car to free the dog. If you decide to do this, please be aware that without proper justification, this could be classed as criminal damage and, potentially, you may need to defend your actions in court.

Make sure you tell the police what you intend to do and why. Take pictures or videos of the dog and the names and numbers of witnesses to the incident. The law states that you have a lawful excuse to commit damage if you believe that the owner of the property that you damage would consent to the damage if they knew the circumstances (section 5(2)(a) Criminal Damage Act 1971).

Once removed, if the dog is displaying signs of heatstroke, follow our emergency first aid advice. This could mean the difference between life and death for the dog.

EMERGENCY FIRST AID FOR DOGS

For the best chance of survival, dogs suffering from heatstroke urgently need to have their body temperature lowered gradually.

Move him/her to a shaded/cool area.
Immediately douse the dog with cool (not cold) water, to avoid shock. If possible, you can also use wet towels or place him/her in the breeze of a fan.
Allow the dog to drink small amounts of cool water.
Continue to douse the dog with cool water until his/her breathing starts to settle but never so much that he/she begins to shiver.

Once the dog is cool, take him/her to the nearest vet as a matter of urgency.

If the dog isn't displaying symptoms of heatstroke:

Establish how long the dog has been in the car. A ‘pay and display' ticket could help.

Make a note of the car's registration. If the owner returns, but you still feel the situation was dangerous for the dog, you may still report the incident to the police.

If you're at a shop, venue or event ask the staff to make an announcement to alert the owner of the situation.

If possible, get someone to stay with the dog to monitor their condition. If they begin to display signs of distress or heatstroke, be prepared to dial 999.

You can also call our 24-hour cruelty line for advice on 0300 1234 999. However, if the dog's in danger, dialing 999 should always be the first step.

Copy and Share on FB and other groups .

Forum Master
Forum Master
Originally Posted by granny

Hi Star. Anyone would think that after all the publicity, warnings and prosecutions in such matters, apart from the 'common sense' aspect, dog owners would be the most informed of any groups of animal owners.

Another scorcher tomorrow. !

Unfortunately there are some that still think it's ok to leave their dog in the car despite the warnings that have been posted around for the last few years

granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master

Complete nutters !

Good advice Venice..

Here's another tip :

To all Mumma's and Pappa's of fur babies, particularly the hutched variety, bunnies guinea pigs etc.

freezing a 2ltr bottle of water and on hot days to put that in the hutch, the Bunnies will go and sit by it or on it if they get too hot. Helps them to stay cool and they lick the icy condensation off the bottle as well.

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Attached Images
Hot Dogs.jpg
Wiki Addict
Wiki Addict
Farmers are also bringing in the live stock from the fields .

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am