WikiWirral yrs online 24/7 365 days a year.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
7 members (3 invisible), 8,139 guests, and 433 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Originally Posted by granny
Not a case of 'they haven't knocked on my door, so I won't be voting for them '. It's a case of not even being informed of who any of the candidates are, absolutely nothing ! I still don't know who was standing. I would llike to know the reasons why we should be voting for them, what to expect if we do vote for them and basically, what their CV is, and anything else important enough .

As I said the onus is on you, if you want to be represented. They are volunteering their services as Councillors, they aren't selling you something. You have the internet, you have libraries, there are newspapers, they have party offices, you can find out the information.

Granny is well known for her exuberant researching of topics and subsequent findings. All Avenues exhausted blah...blah. Very strange. smile

Google Ads
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by granny
Not a case of 'they haven't knocked on my door, so I won't be voting for them '. It's a case of not even being informed of who any of the candidates are, absolutely nothing ! I still don't know who was standing. I would llike to know the reasons why we should be voting for them, what to expect if we do vote for them and basically, what their CV is, and anything else important enough .

As I said the onus is on you, if you want to be represented. They are volunteering their services as Councillors, they aren't selling you something. You have the internet, you have libraries, there are newspapers, they have party offices, you can find out the information.

imagine if every new Scout Leader had to go round to each house of (at least) the scouts, it doesn't work that way, you go and see them.

Any campaign funds they get are donations, do you expect others to donate when you don't in order to fund pamphlet's to you?

I'm sure you buy a lot of things that haven't been advertised to you which you don't question but then you question volunteers for not advertising?

Total nonsense. Why does Corbyn and other leaders of political parties wiz all over the country at election times ? Do we have literature promoting our different political parties then ? Yes of course we do.
The onus is on the candidate if they want our votes. They choose to represent, they pay the deposit to do so, and they need to advertise their services or their promise of , like any other brand of goods.
I did canvassing for political parties for years with leaflet drops, so I know it's possible.
The awkward thing is, people have lost interest and if the donations are so low, it should be asked why. Maybe they'd get more donations if they were out and about canvassing .
Greenwood made a point, and I answered with my own reasons, for that I do not need to be lambasted by anyone, and if there isn't any engagement in the next local elections, I won't vote then either, as it could be Tony Blair in a nuns outfit for all I know.

@ Rude .p.s. STFU !

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
cools #1055280 5th May 2018 11:03am
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
The £39m spent at the last general election by political parties could have been much better spent on social needs.

We have gone from a nation of do-ers to a nation of people that need mollycoddling.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
RUDEBOX #1055365 9th May 2018 1:20pm
Forum Master
Forum Master
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
This: 'Elephant in the Room' smile

It's a shame the media are so biased - here are the actual results:

* Labour failed to take Barnet - yet Labour have NEVER won Barnet under any leader

According to Barnet Labour Party:

Barnet was Labour's number 1 target. A 1.6% swing would have won it.

Everyone was expecting it to fall, even the Tories. You can blame Labour's anti-semitism and Corbyn's weak leadership to tackle the matter for that.

You can cry "media bias" and "fake news" all you want, but the 'besmirching of his good name' seems, largely to be from lots of his supporters (and in some cases his camp) trying to create a 'woe is me, the media are so evil' campaign which has been bought into hook, line and sinker.

Gibbo #1055368 9th May 2018 3:28pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by Gibbo
You can blame Labour's anti-semitism and Corbyn's weak leadership to tackle the matter for that.

You can cry "media bias" and "fake news" all you want, but the 'besmirching of his good name' seems, largely to be from lots of his supporters (and in some cases his camp) trying to create a 'woe is me, the media are so evil' campaign which has been bought into hook, line and sinker.

But the Conservative party has more anti-semitism than Labour, they just have more newspapers in their pocket.

I don't think its Corbyn's supporters besmirch his name, its a very very small number of his opponents in his party namely the Blairite MP's. Those MP's aren't politicians they think that getting into power at whatever cost is the most important thing.

How anybody can say Corbyn is weak having faced such a massive onslaught is beyond me. While some in powerful positions would like him out the way he is nowhere near the position where has any need to resign, he is still the politician with the highest number of supporters in Europe.

Never before have we seen the media so focussed on the opposition leader when the actual leader (May) is possibly the most ineffective Prime Minister we have ever had. She has not done anything good, nor anything well, she is even too scared to appear in public, unlike Corbyn who is publicly here, there and everywhere even though the media say the opposite.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

cools #1055377 9th May 2018 4:39pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
And in exchange for the media's faithful behaviour, the Government has dropped the second Levenson enquiry. Yet another act of destroying democracy.

Forum Master
Forum Master
its a very very small number of his opponents in his party namely the Blairite MP's. Those MP's aren't politicians they think that getting into power at whatever cost is the most important thing.

"very very small number"?

From 2015 to 2017 80 MPs have sat in Labour’s shadow cabinet. The number is no doubt higher now.

That's a shocking figure and points to problems not with the 80+, but Corbyn.

I don't think anyone is doubting he's not a "good" guy.

He's a good speaker, a good backbencher.

The problem is that he isn't leadership material, and never will be. His career has been on the sidelines, an "armchair expert" if you will. His ideas just don't pan out and wouldn't work in the real world - such as returning utilities to state ownership, giving free travel to under 25s and so on.

He's been fast tracked to leadership as an initial joke, and a wave of student support, nothing more. He's not the right man to lead the party. Chuka Umunna or Alan Johnson should have taken over from Miliband.

And because of this the Labour party is now split three ways:

Old Left Labour (Kinnoch era)
New Centre-Left Labour (Blair era)
Corbyn Left Labour (persent era)

And each supporter can't abide the others because they feel that they were the ones for holding the party back or causing it to lose its way.

I'm not ashamed to say I voted for Labour in the early Blair years. But the Iraq Wars and Brown turned me away from them. And as long as they have Corbyn as leader I won't support them, and I'm not alone. Just Google "why I won't vote Labour" and see countless others.

And I pity all the Labour MPs who realise this too - and if they dare to stick their heads above the parapet they're deselected in favour of a Momentum candidate.

cools #1055388 10th May 2018 12:33pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Yes, a very very small number of opponents, he has the biggest number of supporters of all politicians in Europe, they far out-way the idiot MP's that mistakenly believe they are there to look after their own present and future jobs, not the country as a whole.

There are a lot of countries looking at returning utilities to the state, there are also many who weren't daft enough to give them away in the first place. The Government is there to ensure a sound and stable infrastructure, how can they do that when the infrastructure is at the whim of foreign companies and Governments, even with UK owned companies we see all the big Government contracts going breasts-up.

The student thing was fake news, the statistics showed it to be completely false despite the Guardian trying to perpetuate the myth recently. The students had very little influence on Corbyn becoming leader, of students that voted at the general election a high proportion voted Labour BUT not many students voted so again their overall influence was low. The stats are around, I haven't got time to dig them up again but they have been posted on WikiWirral before.

If you want statistics, the more educated people are, the more likely they are to vote Labour. This is not what the media or the Tory party like to portray but they also don't like to portray that Tories Governments borrow more money than Labour Governments either.

Yes, I believed in Blair in the early years but what a con that turned out to be, ending up with a party that statistically was more right wing than Thatcher.

cools #1055390 10th May 2018 1:10pm
cools Offline OP
Forum Master
OP Offline
Forum Master
I have to agree with you Gibbo.I voted for Tony Blair because he seemed the best to lead the country but how wrong were we!...I know I would never vote Labour while Corbyn is the leader. He says all the right things but in reality will never work as you say.. utopia land , rob the rich give to the poor, sounds great but the days of Robin Hood are over. All in all I'm pretty dissalusioned with all of them at the moment.

cools #1055392 10th May 2018 4:07pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by cools
utopia land , rob the rich give to the poor, sounds great but the days of Robin Hood are over. All in all I'm pretty dissalusioned with all of them at the moment.

The tory Government are doing the opposite on the grandest scale ever, we are a rich country but over 90% of the population wouldn't know it. Its a crazy level of theft, one day it will be fully exposed how much the Government has been involved in this corruption.

How much do you want a year, £50,000 a year is easily obtainable by everyone in the country without hurting the rich of this country at all.

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Originally Posted by cools
utopia land , rob the rich give to the poor, sounds great but the days of Robin Hood are over. All in all I'm pretty dissalusioned with all of them at the moment.

The tory Government are doing the opposite on the grandest scale ever, we are a rich country but over 90% of the population wouldn't know it. Its a crazy level of theft, one day it will be fully exposed how much the Government has been involved in this corruption.

How much do you want a year, £50,000 a year is easily obtainable by everyone in the country without hurting the rich of this country at all.

How ? or do you mean by way of a universal basic income from the Gov?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
diggingdeeper
diggingdeeper
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am