Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,362
Posts1,033,322
Members14,581
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
10 members (2 invisible), 9,575 guests, and 459 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Rinchen, AGC12, Acorn, PaulRobson, meolswanderer
14,581 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 6:55pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
lincle 4
casper 4
Topic Replies
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 2:36pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by diggingdeeper - 14th Apr 2024 2:42pm
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 13th Apr 2024 3:35pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 10th Apr 2024 11:00pm
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
diggingdeeper #1053621 15th Mar 2018 8:48pm
Forum Master
Forum Master
I'am in full agreement with both you and Ex about our odious government, however they are briefed by the military and no doubt other sources in the know that can't be disclosed, which then leaves the question of who is the most likely culprit, fact, the Russians developed this agent, would they give access of it to others outside of Russia? consequence of so doing, it could be used against themselves by one of the many satellite states in conflict or dispute with them.
"
If this attempted "hit" had been confined and contained to a specific property and persons then the consequences might of been less severe, but to have multiple areas contaminated plus a member of the police also contaminated seems to indicate that the operation was bungled and that our response was more than they expected, so their response is prove it, and act as the outraged party.

Last edited by casper; 15th Mar 2018 8:50pm.
Google Ads
cools #1053630 15th Mar 2018 9:31pm
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Find the timing of this interesting 2 hrs ago. bit late to start asking "how likely". Is this a spokesman just starting to open the door for the climbdown that May and government might have to take.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audio/headlines/43422184/how-likely-is-it-russia-poisoned-ex-spy

casper #1053631 15th Mar 2018 10:11pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by casper
If this attempted "hit" had been confined and contained to a specific property and persons then the consequences might of been less severe, but to have multiple areas contaminated plus a member of the police also contaminated

The conundrum here is the doctor who happened to be passing and helped Sergei's daughter Yulia who wasn't breathing and was vomiting, this doctor was totally unaffected by the poison.

The infected policeman seems an unusual case, he was reported as attending the scene but then reported as attending Sergei's home and yet the focus remained strongly around the cafe? What are the odds of a Detective Sergeant being sent and arriving as the first policeman at the incident scene?

There are different reports as to whether Yulia was slumped on the bench against Sergei or slumped at Sergei's feet?

I've not ploughed through all the media in this case but I don't think they have categorically said where the poison initially came into contact with the victims?

The other elephants in the room are how Sergei's wife and son died without any significant questions being asked, was that a UK cover-up?

As usual it is difficult to see what is media elaboration/invention and what actually happened.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
cools #1053633 16th Mar 2018 1:47am
Forum Addict
Online Content
Forum Addict
...the Russians developed this agent, would they give access of it to others outside of Russia...

Well yes, most certainly they would. During the Soviet era, I'm quite sure it would have been accessible to all members of the USSR. And clearly Porton Down knew of it. So evidently it isn't a particular secret. As to Skripal, he had spent a term in prison in Russia. They could have bumped him off then, but they didn't. They swapped him for some American spies I think; itself an indication that he was not a particular danger to them ay more. Given that, why on earth should they suddenly decide to wind up the West and kill him with nerve agent, decades after?

As Poirot was wont to say to his dim stooge: "We do not 'ave a moteeve, 'Astings!"

You have to be dim indeed to swallow the government's line on this without asking a few pointed questions.

Last edited by Excoriator; 16th Mar 2018 1:49am.
Excoriator #1053636 16th Mar 2018 10:36am
Forum Master
Forum Master
Originally Posted by Excoriator
...the Russians developed this agent, would they give access of it to others outside of Russia...

Well yes, most certainly they would. During the Soviet era, I'm quite sure it would have been accessible to all members of the USSR. And clearly Porton Down knew of it. So evidently it isn't a particular secret. As to Skripal, he had spent a term in prison in Russia. They could have bumped him off then, but they didn't. They swapped him for some American spies I think; itself an indication that he was not a particular danger to them ay more. Given that, why on earth should they suddenly decide to wind up the West and kill him with nerve agent, decades after?

As Poirot was wont to say to his dim stooge: "We do not 'ave a moteeve, 'Astings!"

You have to be dim indeed to swallow the government's line on this without asking a few pointed questions.

Does it not seem strange that it almost a rerun of the Litvinenko murder with the same response from the Russians, prove it? lets look for a motive, Russians do a deal get what they want then take back their part of the bargain, to understand this you have to understand the Russian mentality the motherland, loyalty to the state, behind the McDonald's and designer label culture there is still the inbred link to the Stalin days of loyalty to the state, the outraged reply by the Russians is a typical response, how many former members of the Soviet Union are now still allied to them? and last of all what would the benefit be to others to set us against the Russians, we hold no direct threat to them, we barely have the capability to look after ourselves.

I do hope you are not casting me as Astings Ex

cools #1053639 16th Mar 2018 12:01pm
Forum Addict
Online Content
Forum Addict
I don't accept your theories as to the Russian 'mentality'. Over the years I have come to the conclusion that people are much the same and have much the same aims needs and desires wherever they hail from.

But I go back to the fact that the ONLY 'evidence' available is that the chemical used was developed by the Russians many years ago, and is now apparently well known. That is not sufficient to prove anything. May's attempts to assemble an international lynch mob makes me even more suspicious, as does her reluctance to provide the accused with samples of it, her refusal to follow the procedures laid down by the Convention on CBW, and I know to my own cost how untrustworthy and inept she is.

Interestingly, I was drinking with a friend in a pub last night, and at an adjacent table were a group of friends who were discussing the matter. From what I overheard, they were all as deeply sceptical of the government's claims as I am. Hardly a representative sample of the UK population who seem to be easily swayed to the government line, but it was good to know that their propaganda has not been 100% successful.

cools #1053640 16th Mar 2018 12:07pm
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Appreciating all the differing opinions here keep it up..Nothing like a good spy story...just sad its nearly resulted in 2 deaths. Seem to remember in the Litvenko case he survived for quite a while before finally dying are we going to see the same in these 2.

Like you DD i noticed differing or drip fed bits of information ...suppose not surprising with the way media put their stories together. I think what is more intriguing is what we are not being told and the way in which the Govt handle it. I doubt May and Boris know what MI5/MI6 know.

Whilst on school crossing duty yesterday i had an agitated lady (not picking kids up) who walked past me a couple of times and then again after i finished i saw her again jabbering away on her mobile in russian or polish.. Never seen her before there and dressed in black leather jacket, black tight leggings and trainers....reminded me of Max Wall.... !!

cools #1053644 16th Mar 2018 1:58pm
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Plot thickening ?

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/

Of A Type Developed By Liars 187
16 Mar, 2018 in Uncategorized by craig murray|
I have now received confirmation from a well placed FCO source that Porton Down scientists are not able to identify the nerve gas as being of Russian manufacture, and have been resentful of the pressure being placed on them to do so. Porton Down would only sign up to the formulation “of a type developed by Russia” after a rather difficult meeting where this was agreed as a compromise formulation. The Russians were allegedly researching, in the “Novichok” programme a generation of nerve agents which could be produced from commercially available precursors such as insecticides and fertilisers. This substance is a “novichok” in that sense. It is of that type. Just as I am typing on a laptop of a type developed by the United States, though this one was made in China.

To anybody with a Whitehall background this has been obvious for several days. The government has never said the nerve agent was made in Russia, or that it can only be made in Russia. The exact formulation “of a type developed by Russia” was used by Theresa May in parliament, used by the UK at the UN Security Council, used by Boris Johnson on the BBC yesterday and, most tellingly of all, “of a type developed by Russia” is the precise phrase used in the joint communique issued by the UK, USA, France and Germany yesterday:

cools #1053645 16th Mar 2018 2:54pm
cools Offline OP
Forum Master
OP Offline
Forum Master
Ummmm could be even those EU skunks trying to make us see how much safer we are staying with them and not brexiting, stronger together and all that against the big bad bear!!..
I am being facetious , think that is going too far or is it??

Last edited by cools; 16th Mar 2018 2:55pm. Reason: Adding a word
cools #1053646 16th Mar 2018 3:09pm
Wiki Addict
Wiki Addict

cools #1053650 16th Mar 2018 6:05pm
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Thanks snowhite. sheds more light on the handling of it from Govts side

cools #1053653 16th Mar 2018 11:07pm
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
rumours in press that the agent was in the daughters suitcase (planted of course..not deliberately brought in which would ruin Govts stance.. ) heard once it was referred to as "an accident" rather than deliberate.. If that is the case will we see the Tories collapse and along with it Brexit negotiations and pave the way for new election in which Corbyn might stand a chance???

cools #1053656 17th Mar 2018 1:23am
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Originally Posted by cools
Ummmm could be even those EU skunks trying to make us see how much safer we are staying with them and not brexiting, stronger together and all that against the big bad bear!!..

Well cools its certainly worthwhile looking outside the box especially when its being so neatly wrapped with a big Russian Bear stuck to it.

A little research can find plenty of "reputable" sources showing that Novochoks were produced in other countries than Russia and that the Americans were involved in one factory in Uzbekistan. (According to a BBC article in 1999)

I suspect the speed of poison id and who dunnit , before full investigation is more about controlling the UK public and giving a semblance of control.

fish5133 #1053658 17th Mar 2018 10:49am
Forum Master
Forum Master
Originally Posted by fish5133
Originally Posted by cools

Well cools its certainly worthwhile looking outside the box especially when its being so neatly wrapped with a big Russian Bear stuck to it.

A little research can find plenty of "reputable" sources showing that Novochoks were produced in other countries than Russia and that the Americans were involved in one factory in Uzbekistan. (According to a BBC article in 1999)

I suspect the speed of poison id and who dunnit , before full investigation is more about controlling the UK public and giving a semblance of control.

I think the confusion here arises from the word Novichoc, Novichoc is a generic word that covers a list of nerve agents with a particular makeup that varies in the degree of strength, the milder forms of this agent where indeed manufactured at other locations however this particular deadly strain was allegedly only manufactured by the Russians, and was supposed to have been destroyed under supervision.

I must agree that the rabid statements given by Bobo Johnson and the other muppet that told the Russians to go away do nothing to enhance further investigation and only sour relationships further, maybe this is the plan to direct the focus away from the minefield Brexit has become, what next tweeting?

Back to the motive, if we take a step back in time to 1942/43 when the Russian organised groups to form a counter intelligence / espionage agency, whose motto was Smert Shpioanam ( death to spies ) believed to be still active in the cold war days, I have added this to highlight the mindset and culture we are dealing with, to reiterate Putin a former hard man of the KGB is a disciple of Uncle Joe, and as such doesn't like losing and won't tolerate disloyalty to the state, the long arm reaching out to dispense justice.

cools #1053662 17th Mar 2018 2:27pm
Wiki Addict
Wiki Addict
UPDATE.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
For Sale & Free
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
Wirral waters
by casper - 2nd Apr 2024 11:32am
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 11:52am
News : New Topics
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
Car paint jobs
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,442 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,668 Spotted!