WikiWirral its great, register, enjoy and welcome.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,364
Posts1,033,327
Members14,584
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
14 members (3 invisible), 12,782 guests, and 962 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,791
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Bunny, Stacey2007, PrimordialPoet, Rinchen, AGC12
14,584 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by tomstevens - 21st Apr 2010 4:53pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
lincle 4
casper 4
Topic Replies
Wanted Gardener
by dodie - 24th Apr 2024 1:09pm
Plymyard House
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:49pm
Hi to everyone
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:39pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 2:58pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 2:36pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Wiki Guardian
Wiki Guardian
It is nothing like paying your bar Bill. Paying your bar Bill for drinks you have had is fine but you wouldn't be expected to pay for future drinks you may have had if you had remained a member of the club.

Google Ads
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

We are the 5th largest economy and have food banks, lack of access to medical treatment, closing down of public services etc. The EU has done nothing for the people of the UK apart from take money off us, but the rich are still getting richer.

Germany must be around the largest , but it still needs a lot of food banks and did even before Mrs M opened the floodgates . Wonder if we are being mislead a lot about the success of the German economy.

granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by Dilly
It is nothing like paying your bar Bill. Paying your bar Bill for drinks you have had is fine but you wouldn't be expected to pay for future drinks you may have had if you had remained a member of the club.

Exactly Dilly, and the VAT may have been reduced in the meantime.

Although maybe not with the intentions of EU to have a centralised Tax system, which ultimately means centralised everything.(Pay, benefits, mortgages, pensions, plus more).

I firmly believe that once out, all these issues that have been for so long uneventful, and ministers being gagged because of committed changes in the direction of the EU,will come into fruition once again. There are no two ways about it that our Ministers have been unable to voice anything out of line with EU Command Centre for a long time.
Apart from Farage and Boris, for which I'm thankful for both as without them we would have little understanding of what was, has ,and will be going on in a future within the EU.
When no discussion comes out of authority , no vision, no information that is communicated to the people of each nation other that by their own Governments who are obliged to give the smallest amount and how it will work, there is something very dangerous going on.
Isn't how the Nazis gained strength, by people being shut up, afraid to speak out, and brainwashed into thinking everything was right for them ?
I'm glad Boris speaks up, because although admittedly he makes some gaffs at times, he does at least say what he means and with the continued onslaught of trying to have him removed (I really don't know why Labour are so intent on this issue) before he goes, maybe Diane Abbott should go as she sits as Home Secretary in waiting. THAT is the biggest scare that this country faced this century!

Ex. I bet your masses of shares have gone up A LOT since Brexit !!! It's not all doom and gloom is it, but you didn't mention the markets, and according to many the country hasn't collapsed since Brexit, as promised, we are increasing production, employment and a lot more so how you can say UK is failing I don't know. Maybe it's wishful thinking on your part but I am very positive and I think we owe it to ourselves to embrace what we can now and stop fracturing our own country for the benefit of none.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
... you wouldn't be expected to pay for future drinks you may have had if you had remained a member of the club.

There is no question of paying for benefits we won't receive. But if you have - say - argued for the club to build an extension, and agreed to paying a share of this, then surely you should pay that before leaving rather than expecting all the other members to pay it for you?

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by granny

Although maybe not with the intentions of EU to have a centralised Tax system, which ultimately means centralised everything.(Pay, benefits, mortgages, pensions, plus more).

I firmly believe that once out, all these issues that have been for so long uneventful, and ministers being gagged because of committed changes in the direction of the EU,will come into fruition once again. There are no two ways about it that our Ministers have been unable to voice anything out of line with EU Command Centre for a long time.
Apart from Farage and Boris, for which I'm thankful for both as without them we would have little understanding of what was, has ,and will be going on in a future within the EU.
When no discussion comes out of authority , no vision, no information that is communicated to the people of each nation other that by their own Governments who are obliged to give the smallest amount and how it will work, there is something very dangerous going on.
Isn't how the Nazis gained strength, by people being shut up, afraid to speak out, and brainwashed into thinking everything was right for them ?
I'm glad Boris speaks up, because although admittedly he makes some gaffs at times, he does at least say what he means and with the continued onslaught of trying to have him removed (I really don't know why Labour are so intent on this issue) before he goes, maybe Diane Abbott should go as she sits as Home Secretary in waiting. THAT is the biggest scare that this country faced this century!

Ex. I bet your masses of shares have gone up A LOT since Brexit !!! It's not all doom and gloom is it, but you didn't mention the markets, and according to many the country hasn't collapsed since Brexit, as promised, we are increasing production, employment and a lot more so how you can say UK is failing I don't know. Maybe it's wishful thinking on your part but I am very positive and I think we owe it to ourselves to embrace what we can now and stop fracturing our own country for the benefit of none.

I'm sorry granny, but unless you can substantiate all these arguments your post comes across as a rambling rant, which it is pointless attempting to reply to.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Arguments should be based on reality. Here's one which exposes the "It will hurt them more than it will hurt us" argument, so ofte parroted by brexiteers (without any supporting facts).

44% of our exports go to the EU. 15% of theirs come to us. In the worst case if both these exports streams came to a sudden halt, who do you think would feel it most?

granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by Excoriator

I'm sorry granny, but unless you can substantiate all these arguments your post comes across as a rambling rant, which it is pointless attempting to reply to.

Well, you haven't substantiated any of your doom and gloom claims, they are simply your own personal projection for the future of UK.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master

Here's one to start with. Even Macron was going on about it again last week,

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...plans-for-common-EU-corporation-tax.html

France and Germany want to see common basic corporation tax rates across the EU, according to reports

~Chief Seattle
Smartchild
Smartchild
"Arguments should be based on reality"

Attached Images
img20171004_11283186.jpg
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Nothing in your post precludes the fact that 44% of what we export goes to the EU, whilst only 15% of theirs comes to us. What percentage of our imports come from the EU is even worse news, for we shall find ourselves paying tariffs on over 50% of our exports!

The graph implies that we export, not 44% of our trade to the EU, but OVER 50%!

Your post, in other words, claims that it will hurt us even more than I said!

If that is what you intended, thank you for your support.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict

France and Germany want to see common basic corporation tax rates across the EU, according to reports

So?

It's nothing to do with us once we are out.

I expect they are concerned about a 'race to the bottom' between member nations, each reducing corporation tax. The UK seems to be keen to have such a race, and once out it can do so. Even within the EU, the UK could, of course, veto it across the EU but that's one of the things we give up by leaving.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
The graph implies that we export, not 44% of our trade to the EU, but OVER 50%!

But we will receive tariffs on our imports and as we import more than we export the net balance is in our favour.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Smartchild
Smartchild
The figures are reality! I voted to remain and posted my intention on Wiki. I would now vote to leave given the chance. Farmers are subsidised not to grow food in a starving World and countries that call themselves democracies thwart the peoples will. You have made your mind up no matter what the reality is so I reason on facts. I think it is a !5% surplus in their favour.( spin)

Wiki Addict
Wiki Addict
Anyone hear Teresa May speech today???

Nothing was mentioned about strong border control or how she intends to keep the British people safe from Islamic extremists or any terror attacks, or illegal aliens coming into the UK. All lies as usual no wonder she was taking coughing fits.
She must think the we are all just like sponges to soak all the same old rubbish she speaks and expects us to believe her.
We need a strong Prime minister to take over and sort this Brexit out as soon as possible.

Last edited by snowhite; 4th Oct 2017 3:18pm.
granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master

So?

It's nothing to do with us once we are out.

I expect they are concerned about a 'race to the bottom' between member nations, each reducing corporation tax. The UK seems to be keen to have such a race, and once out it can do so. Even within the EU, the UK could, of course, veto it across the EU but that's one of the things we give up by leaving.

You ask me to substantiate my claims.....then you don't like it.
Here's another should we have stayed in the EU .

http://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...ssels-secret-plan-revealed-David-Cameron

EU wants control of YOUR pension: Brussels' secret plan REVEALED

The European Union is planning a power grab for the UK welfare state in a bid to take control of pensions, benefits and the minimum wage.

~Chief Seattle
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Wanted Gardener
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
For Sale & Free
Member Spotlight
Gibbo
Gibbo
Formby
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Wanted Gardener
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
News : New Topics
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
Car paint jobs
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,549 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,840 Spotted!