WikiWirral Online with you since 2003, fantastic.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,347
Posts1,033,259
Members14,550
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
9 members (3 invisible), 10,089 guests, and 527 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
JohnC, Luke2307, jharwood, TamTam, mrbigglesworth
14,550 Registered Users
New General Forums
Do we need Trident?
by derekdwc - 20th Jan 2016 1:11pm
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
Looking for Joneses
by Markjon88 - 11th Apr 2019 7:06am
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 15
casper 14
bri445 4
Topic Replies
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:20pm
Gaza
by granny - 15th Mar 2024 10:13pm
Get your Money Tree ready
by StellaSimmons - 11th Mar 2024 11:50am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by bri445 - 4th Mar 2024 5:54pm
Xbox
by TudorBlue - 3rd Mar 2024 8:48pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by Abakumss - 2nd Mar 2024 3:52pm
Oleo Works
by diggingdeeper - 1st Mar 2024 11:51pm
Wiper mechanism needed
by Gibbo - 28th Feb 2024 12:29pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1040400 27th Jun 2017 7:57pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by lollipop
The marching season is upon us from this weekend Ex... "Crackpot orange men" all around..... That you do have right.

Didn't know you lived in Rossnowlagh lolli?

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Google Ads
L
lollipop
Unregistered
lollipop
Unregistered
L
Ah...Beautiful Donegal.

I don't, not even near it.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I thought that was the only Orange Walk in Ireland.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

L
lollipop
Unregistered
lollipop
Unregistered
L
Lol!!!! The only one you might see on the tele.

Lots of lodges will do local little tin whistle mini parades, a few bomb fires from the opposition. All good fun the 12th. I know all you get is what Peace and harmony were living in here. Well its on the boil again I can tell you. Bloody brexit !!

granny #1040411 28th Jun 2017 10:10am
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by granny
Originally Posted by Excoriator
The queen's contribution to tourism is exaggerated to a ridiculous extent. It might even HELP tourism were she to stand down. Places like Buck House, and Balmoral could be fully opened to wealthy gawping grockles and we'd make a bloody fortune.

I had to laugh at the prince saying he didn't really want to be king the other day. If he'd really wanted to go there would be nothing easier. All he has to do is to abdicate. But of course he won't. It is far too good a racket to walk away from.

One further point. I wonder if anyone here has seen the possibility of this generous six million windfall being related to the queen asking Treeza to form a government? After all, if the PM can make a deal with the crackpot orangemen, then why not a little haggling with the queen too?

I do wonder sometimes Ex ?!!

Buckingham Palace does open to the public, Balmoral and Estate does open to the public.
Prince Harry was the one who made the comments about the Monarchy, he is not likely to be a King and will therefore never be able to abdicate !

Not sure which newspaper you read, but they don't half get things wrong !

Good that you wonder at least sometimes. Infrequently is better than nothing.

I was well aware of the partial openings at Bucknghm and Balmoral, which is why I was very careful to say FULLY in my post.

Abdication doesn't apply only to monarchs. You can as easily abdicate from any other responsibility. Look it up.

There is absolutely nothing to stop Harry from abdicating from the duties of the Royal family and earning a living like anyone else, if he chooses to do so, but he won't, and neither will any other member of it. They are doing very well indeed from playing the game!

Your wondering evidently stopped short of wondering if the queen and T. May haggled over her allowance and the cost of May being 'asked to form a government'. Probably because your newspaper didn't tell you to think about that. Mine didn't either, as it happens, but I remain perfectly capable of thinking up such possibilities from the events rather than relying on any newspaper or media for help. Bit of a coincidence that the boost to the Queen's allowance came so soon after that formation of the new government.

You may also like to wonder whether that is the end of it or whether it will be six million more every year for the next five years too!

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
The queen's contribution to tourism is exaggerated to a ridiculous extent. It might even HELP tourism were she to stand down. Places like Buck House, and Balmoral could be fully opened to wealthy gawping grockles and we'd make a bloody fortune.

I had to laugh at the prince saying he didn't really want to be king the other day. If he'd really wanted to go there would be nothing easier. All he has to do is to abdicate. But of course he won't. It is far too good a racket to walk away from.

One further point. I wonder if anyone here has seen the possibility of this generous six million windfall being related to the queen asking Treeza to form a government? After all, if the PM can make a deal with the crackpot orangemen, then why not a little haggling with the queen too?

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by granny

I do wonder sometimes Ex ?!!

Buckingham Palace does open to the public, Balmoral and Estate does open to the public.
Prince Harry was the one who made the comments about the Monarchy, he is not likely to be a King and will therefore never be able to abdicate !

Not sure which newspaper you read, but they don't half get things wrong !

Good that you wonder at least sometimes. Infrequently is better than nothing.

I was well aware of the partial openings at Bucknghm and Balmoral, which is why I was very careful to say FULLY in my post.

Abdication doesn't apply only to monarchs. You can as easily abdicate from any other responsibility. Look it up.

There is absolutely nothing to stop Harry from abdicating from the duties of the Royal family and earning a living like anyone else, if he chooses to do so, but he won't, and neither will any other member of it. They are doing very well indeed from playing the game!

Your wondering evidently stopped short of wondering if the queen and T. May haggled over her allowance and the cost of May being 'asked to form a government'. Probably because your newspaper didn't tell you to think about that. Mine didn't either, as it happens, but I remain perfectly capable of thinking up such possibilities from the events rather than relying on any newspaper or media for help. Bit of a coincidence that the boost to the Queen's allowance came so soon after that formation of the new government.

You may also like to wonder whether that is the end of it or whether it will be six million more every year for the next five years too!

A) Considering that the bill and budget for Buckingham Palace was never going to be given in one lump sum, I suggest that maybe the increase from 12% to 15% of the Crown Estate profits, will continue, until the final figure has been reached. Do you really think that our Queen, gets cash in hand for these jobs ? You are severely lacking in any comprehension of how things work which has been shown from various posts you make. Only when you are challenged do you take issue and then change your mind after reeling off a load of bollocks in most cases !
Have a look at the bold type of your post, and then have a look at the red type from my post. How you twist things to suit your own agenda is quite remarkable !! Had you forgotten that Prince Harry did various trips out to Afghanistan ? was that voluntary work , or did her earn his money ? I have no doubt that which ever way it was, you will find reason to criticise.
You are a very ant-establishment man for some reason, and a character that would wish to destroy the best of Britain's young people if they didn't think just the way you wanted them to. Get rid of the monarchy and you will be 65p per year better off.
Good luck to you and your far left ideas.

Last edited by granny; 28th Jun 2017 11:41am.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
That extra money was agreed to ages ago. There's even a topic on here somewhere.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
I resent every penny of that 65p. I don't want to support this system of organised grovelling on which our constitution is based.

Your newspaper probably tells you how marvellous the queen is and has done so all your life so you believe it. Were you to devote a bit more thought to it, you would realise that amost all other countries have long since ditched the monarchy and are doing rather better than we are as a result.

The laughable Ruritarian nonsense with idiots dressed up in unlikely clothes banging on doors with a stick and all the rest of teh 'opening of parliament' show is largely fake history, designed to keep you in your place.

A little more wondering on your part may well lead you to at least conceive of a more rational system of government.

Forum Master
Forum Master
Oh what a jealous person you come across as Ex. RICH a dirty word I suspect with you...how dare there be self made millionaires who have worked damm hard to get where they are criminals!! Many countries envy our royal family and traditions and wish they had a history like ours, and whilst the queen has had a privileged life style she has also had to give up her life to duties and unlike us who could make choices and do what we wanted with our future , hers was already mapped out. Don't know how true this is , maybe a joke or fake news but I heard somewhere that Putin would like the heirs to the the royal family murdered to return to Russia to unify the people. As I say could be a joke sure you will tell me....GOD SAVE THE QUEEN..

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
amost all other countries have long since ditched the monarchy and are doing rather better than we are as a result.

Evidence, please.

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Ex wrote
Your newspaper probably tells you how marvellous the queen is and has done so all your life so you believe it.

Agh the old chestnut! The papers "I" read are trustworthy and the ones "you" read are all lies.

The only thing I resent about the royals is they have private salmon fishing. grr. Mind you I have got my square foot of Scottish land..

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I resent every penny of that 65p. I don't want to support this system of organised grovelling on which our constitution is based.

But as explained above it doesn't cost us 65p or anything else, the Royal Family bring much needed money INTO the country.

The laughable Ruritarian nonsense with idiots dressed up in unlikely clothes banging on doors with a stick and all the rest of teh 'opening of parliament' show is largely fake history, designed to keep you in your place.

I'm sure you have followed many dress codes in your lifetime and I'm sure you expect certain dress codes with other people. In fact what you are saying there is a dress code.

A little more wondering on your part may well lead you to at least conceive of a more rational system of government.

The days of royalty governing this country went out a long time ago. She is a tourist attraction and a figurehead.

Originally Posted by cools
RICH a dirty word I suspect with you...how dare there be self made millionaires who have worked damm hard to get where they are criminals!!

All millionaires have made their money at the expense of others (its got to come from somewhere), also it is exceedingly rare for a self-made multi-millionaire to not have gone bankrupt at some time, debts which are never paid back at the cost to others.

Most multi-millionaires do not "work hard" to make their money, they may "work hard" but most of it is not productive it is because of their obsession with working hard. They take high risks and use others to make their money. Why isn't their a claw-back scheme post-bankruptcy?

Give me any reason why one person should be paid £1m and another only £10k when one is the producer and the other the pen pusher. Basically the skills to make big money are to be good at paperwork and/or be good at deception and that is why there are a lot of rich criminals around as well as supposed "businessmen", they are of a similar ilk.

Name a "good person" that is a multi-millionaire? The terms are virtually mutually exclusive.

I have no problem with rewarding people for performance, I object to the obscene money some "earn". What is the point of paying someone £10m every year, will their life be any richer/better than someone earning £5m? It will not, but it will make a lot of other people poorer, the money has to come from somewhere.

Forum Master
Forum Master
Fish, talk about Salmon fishing you will have to get yourself off to Alaska plenty there but you will have to compete with the Bears ha...

Attached Images
IMG_0723.PNG
Forum Master
Forum Master
Sorry went abit off topic there.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
Xbox
by TudorBlue - 3rd Mar 2024 8:48pm
Possible Cause of Dementia
by diggingdeeper - 22nd Feb 2024 2:08am
Wiper mechanism needed
by Peter0787 - 20th Feb 2024 4:07pm
For Sale & Free
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
TheComputerLab
TheComputerLab
Wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
Floral pavilion promo code?
by TheComputerLab - 31st Dec 2018 2:11pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am
New Enthusiast Forums
Xbox