WikiWirral is where great friendships are made.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,280
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
12 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 7,886 guests, and 533 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 21st Mar 2024 9:27am
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
Gibbo 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Forum Master
Online Content
Forum Master
The keypoint is the Muslim religion, some of the ideals of the allegedly moderate Muslim religion are the same as those of Isis, maybe not as radical but still they have some of the same goals, that is why the moderates won't do anything other than give lip service, they wring their hands and give their condolences over the killings, but they will not stand up and condemn their aims outright, because they see that as betraying their religion.

Google Ads
granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by casper
The keypoint is the Muslim religion, some of the ideals of the allegedly moderate Muslim religion are the same as those of Isis, maybe not as radical but still they have some of the same goals, that is why the moderates won't do anything other than give lip service, they wring their hands and give their condolences over the killings, but they will not stand up and condemn their aims outright, because they see that as betraying their religion.

Did you see the statement to the press from the Didsbury Mosque, Casper ?

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Forum Master
Online Content
Forum Master
No I never granny, I am guessing it was condemnation of the bombing and condolences to those that lost their lives and their families and the injured, no more than any decent human being would do, ulterior motive would also be to deflect away any blame or attacks on the local Muslim community or the mosque.

Wiki Addict
Wiki Addict
[youtube]v=P8CP-xo4FTE[/youtube]

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by cools
You can't blame people for getting angry and frustrated, every time this happens we get the wringing of hands,vigils, stay calm and stand together but it's not working!!

Vigils, demonstrations of solidarity may not appear to 'do much, on the surface' but they do. By communities coming together there is opposition to the alt- right movement and their twisted ideologies.

I understand that most anti-immigration/ anti- Muslim type people are fearful, 'traditional' in their outlook. (I am aware that the pitchforks may come out if I suggest that they could be brainwashed by the media *cough -so I won't -cough)*

However, alt-right groups capitalise on such horrific Events- these groups are just pure evil. I'm not going to list the 'groups' and 'divisions of said groups or report on their Social Media recent activities but they have been 'dining out' on Monday nights Horror.

This is why communities stand together to oppose them, this lot appearing in Manchester for instance:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...r-attack-protest-shut-down-a7752201.html

This lot are coming to Liverpool- so, they say- on June 3rd. Heard it before, on here when it was the White Man March- 'oh, just let them have their march and platform' etc but there are a lot of dis-satisfied (un-educated) young people who are dis-enfranchised and will take their 'Muslims steal all the jobs'typical bollocks and join them.

The 'gormless and un-educated' are just fodder- of course, the same applies to IS and the likes...we cannot let fascism rise again #NoPasaran

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by Dilly
To Rude I will say of course people are angry. This attack aimed deliberately at our children was an act that has taken terrorism to a new low. From what I understand from what you say this young women was out shopping the very next morning, did she not think that emotions were going to be at the highest level? . Yes she may be a good person but children had just been murdered in the name of her religion. A religion that is so wrong on many other levels apart from the terrorism. I personally have seen no evidence of the Muslim community wanting to integrate.I have seen streets in Birkenhead that are now completely occupied by the Muslim community, is this a sign of integration? A young girl of 8 was killed at that concert so of course people are angry and I would like to think even you can understand that anger.
Only just saw this, Dilly. Yes, of course, I'm angry- livid. Very upset about the loss of life, like everybody. However, I do not understand how people show hatred to a woman because others have murdered in the name of religion, that she happens to share? We never see headlines 'Christian Joe Bloggs- rapist' or 'Atheist Joanne Bloggs-caught shop-lifting'. When white C of E....or whatever....have committed atrocoties I have never 'apologised' on their behalf- why should peaceful loving Muslims?

To be honest (grab your pitchforks, folks) I feel un-easy about the 'child victim' angle as portrayed in mainstream media. Sure, Adriana Grande appeals to kid-kids but she also appeals to young adults, too?! (and pervy old dads)??

With regard to your comment about integration- yes, there are difficulties, I know that there are 'communities' housed in close proximity to each other and I don't have the answers. My understanding is 'fear'- Muslim people fearing us because of what they think they know about us - 'we hate them, we do not tolerate them'- That description does not describe me, atall.

Was in HomeBargains today with Plus, daughter and grandaaughter checking out the Pringles on offer...a Muslim lady came over to check out the Offer- did not for 00.1% second think she was wearing a bomb belt

Forum Master
Forum Master
Rude, I am those things you say, traditionalist, patriotic, and yes anti- immigration. I'm not ashamed it's my beliefs as yours are you and you passionately proclaim them...I'm alot older than you and remember how we were. This is not the country I grew up in but I know things have to change.I just want to think my grandson has a future and grow up without all this violence and worry.I can't be like you Rude, I'm afraid I will be very wary of who I stand next to and distance myself if I can. Call me racist if you like but I like to call it self preservation..

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by casper
Maybe go to the next 'Visit My Mosque' Event, Casper and raise your 'issues' with the Iman'

granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Rude, I am those things you say, traditionalist, patriotic, and yes anti- immigration. I'm not ashamed it's my beliefs as yours are you and you passionately proclaim them...I'm alot older than you and remember how we were. This is not the country I grew up in but I know things have to change.I just want to think my grandson has a future and grow up without all this violence and worry.I can't be like you Rude, I'm afraid I will be very wary of who I stand next to and distance myself if I can. Call me racist if you like but I like to call it self preservation..

Well said Cools. We don't have to bend to forced public anecdotes making us appear to be anti anything. Too many people are forced to keep quiet through wrongly perceived interpretation, and it's time our thoughts were also heard.
This case now just shows the degree of greatfulness there is in the 2nd generation refugees. Not the first time is it ?

Casper, with regards to the Didsbury Mosque.

The director of the centre’s trustees, Mohammad el-Khayat, then said: “The horrific atrocity that occurred in Manchester on Monday night has shocked us all. This act of cowardice has no place in our religion or any other religion.

“We encourage anyone who may have information about the individual involved to contact the police without any delay so they can assist with their investigation.”

He expressed anger at some reports of Abedi’s links with the mosque.

“Some media reports have reported that the bomber worked at the Manchester Islamic Centre. This is not true. We express concern that a very small section of the media are manufacturing stories.”

Last paragraph seemed to be the main message , repeated more than once to affirm that this bomber did not 'work' at the mosque. Of course he could have been a prayer man (don't know their full name) in the mosque and he obviously attended otherwise they would have mentioned that too.

I think there is a general fear within the communities, and any attempts to minimise the possible threats will take their course. Who can blame them , but with that scenario, why do they never outwardly condemn these individual people who are not in fact following the Muslim faith, which by all accounts is very strict, and admit the truth ? These animals have to be lapsed Muslims, with an inbuilt hatred for society. We don't need them on our streets.

Last edited by granny; 24th May 2017 10:39pm.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I'm sorry that you feel that way Cools but you have your view and I have mine- of course, I want my GD to have a future too, obvs. If we stop fighting 'hate with hate'then that would be a start?

Will not be seperating her from 'brown skinned'people at the Snack Time Table- ridiculous!

Forum Master
Forum Master
And neither would I Rude. It's a beautiful time being a little child , you don't know about all these bad things going on ,thank goodness and all you want to do is play with others and have fun. Unfortunately that changes and we grow up and start forming our own opinions. I would never try to influence and speak against anyone to a young child or at any time, some cultures drum it into them from an early age...

Wiki Guardian
Online Shifty
Wiki Guardian
Go bang you drum somewhere else. Right now we are to angry to talk to drum bangers.

granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by Dilly
Go bang you drum somewhere else. Right now we are to angry to talk to drum bangers.

withthat

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Who is 'we'? *CoughTitheadCough

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Someone contributing to this topic is a thoroughly unpleasant person.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
diggingdeeper
diggingdeeper
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am