Our Success is in our members who value our strength as a valued community.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
7 members (3 invisible), 8,175 guests, and 438 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
Gibbo 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
RUDEBOX Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master

A mum was sacked from her job after refusing to polish the coffin of a depraved paedophile.

Sam Garner, who has 11 children and nine grandchildren, recognised depraved Glazebrook’s name when his body was brought to the McCallum and Tritton funeral home in Bootle , from Walton Prison in June.

She said she was horrified and disgusted asked to tend to the body of Kenneth Glazebrook.

The 88-year-old pervert was jailed in February for five years for ­molesting three young girls over three decades.

Glazebrook’s sickened family are joining in calls to have Sam, 50, reinstated.

Her bosses claim the incident was not the sole reason for her dismissal and that disciplinary action was ­already being taken against her before she made her stand.

The firm said: "She is being dismissed for outbursts of unreasonable ­behaviour and insubordination."

Sam said: “I find paedophiles abhorrent. I didn’t want to touch him.

“I know I have got to feed my children, but my values and my morals wouldn’t let me work with that man.”

The mugshot of paedophile Kenneth Glazebrook
Glazebrook’s sickened ­stepdaughter Sharon Sedwick, 62, of Wallasey sais she had not known of Glazebrook’s death and would not have attended his funeral.

She said: “This poor woman was ­completely within her rights not to tend to Kenneth’s coffin. I feel very sorry that she’s lost her job.

“The firm who sacked Sam should hang its head in shame.

“My stepdad’s actions have ­destroyed the lives of three innocent girls.

“He was a horrible, evil man. How could this ­woman, as a mum and a gran, treat him just like any other person?”

Glazebrook tried to hide his face from the cameras during court hearings in February that he attended on a mobility scooter.

Kenneth Glazebrook, 87, of Deveraux Drive, Wallasey admitted sexually abusing young girls. Pictured leaving courtKenneth Glazebrook, 87, of Deveraux Drive, Wallasey admitted sexually abusing young girls. Pictured leaving court
The ex -soldier admitted five counts of indecent assault when he was ­presented with the overwhelming evidence before his trial started at Liverpool crown court.

Sam told the ECHO's sister title the Sunday Mirror: “Normally I arrange funerals and look after the deceased in the chapel, so I straighten their clothes, put things in the coffin and polish the coffin.

“I told my boss that I would deal with his family but I would not have anything to do with him in the chapel.”

Haunted by harrowing thoughts of Glazebrook’s crimes, Sam said she was so distressed she was forced to take the next day off.

She then ­received a letter from management saying she was being called to a ­disciplinary meeting.

Bosses described her behaviour as “insubordinate” and she returned to work the following day in time for Glazebrook’s funeral.

McCallum and Tritton & Sons Independent Funeral Directors in Bootle
Despite the threat of disciplinary action, defiant Sam refused to ­compromise on her stance when asked take the paedophile’s walking stick into the chapel of rest.

She explained: “I have done a lot of children’s funerals and I just can’t bear to think about that horrible man going into the same chapel of rest where those poor children have to go.

“If people knew that that man had been in the same chapel as their loved ones... I just couldn’t do it.”

Sam says her full-time contract was terminated on the spot eight weeks after she was promoted from a ­part-time position.

Bosses at the family firm claim that the incident wasn’t solely the cause and they were already considering her position after a dispute over holiday allowance. Sam acknowledged that there had been a disagreement over a day she had booked off.

But she says she was was not ­disciplined until the day after she took her stance on Glazebrook several weeks later and insists her bosses are trying to back-pedal.

Sam Garner at home after being sacked
She said: “I obviously needed my job and I am going to struggle without it, but it wasn’t a difficult decision for me to say no.

“My work has never been ­questioned before. I have letters from families thanking me and praising my work. When I was made full-time I was told my work was excellent.

“I was on a high at the age of 50 after bringing up 11 children to get a fantastic job on my own merit but now I have been sacked.”

But Andrew Stone, a partner at McCallum and Tritton, said: “There was already a disciplinary in place before anything was mentioned about this funeral. She is being dismissed for outbursts of unreasonable ­behaviour and insubordination.”

William Eccleston, director of the National Federation of Funeral Directors, said: “Should the lady involved have had ­concerns, it would have been much more appropriate for her to have discussed these with her firm rather than simply refusing to carry out the job.

“People in the funeral ­industry have a duty to look after the needs of a lost one’s grieving families regardless of that person’s history.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/sacked-after-refusing-polish-paedophiles-11592981#rlabs=3%20rt$category%20p$1

People seem divided in opinion in the comments section

Google Ads
Wiki Guide
Wiki Guide
Very interesting to read , it sounds like the lady in question already had 'issues' in work ,but I agree that knowing the history of the man in question , I feel it is reasonable to NOT want to attend to him .

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
presented her bosses a golden opportunity to finally get rid of her. Hats off to her though.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
And how many peados has she done without knowing, the funeral home is in Bootle not far from Walton Prison so they most get a few in, I thought that funeral homes had the same rules as hospitals where they have to treat everyone no matter what.

ps I'm playing the devil's advocate and in noway sticking up for peados (I'll lets them rot)

RUDEBOX Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Would be interested to know what ethics and guidelines that Funeral Parlours have- if any?

I, totally understand and agree with the womans personal choice. In my view, ... like that should be just incarcerated with no 'care' from a funeral director. Just stick it in a bin and be done with....

However, the person is just a cadaver now,he was in the care of a Funeral Directors. How many cadavers has she dealt with whose values and opinions differed from her own?

There has to be a line drawn, somewhere.

If I worked in a Funeral Directors I too would not be too happy dealing with the corpses of certain groups of people HOWEVER I don't think it is acceptable to google 'clients' either....

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
I agree Rude - the body is just a receptacle . Whatever made the man a paedo , is gone . The womans job is to wash the receptacle . Yes Miss, M , sounds like she already had crossed swords with the management with her own opinions on other things.

RUDEBOX Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
“People in the funeral ­industry have a duty to look after the needs of a lost one’s grieving families regardless of that person’s History.”
William Eccleston, director of the National Federation of Funeral Directors

As already stated- I think that peados etc should just go in a bin/ skip

Did this filth have anyone forthcoming who would have wanted to see him in the Parlour of Rest? If so, then I can see why the Funeral Home would like his lid polished.

Last edited by RUDEBOX; 10th Jul 2016 11:11pm.
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by fish5133
presented her bosses a golden opportunity to finally get rid of her. Hats off to her though.

That my thoughts too

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am