Forums
Posted By: Smiler_ Job at WestWallasey Van Hire - 24th Dec 2014 11:21am
here

West Wallasey Car Hire
Require

DRIVERS
PART TIME 2/3 DAYS PER WEEK
To include weekends
To deliver hire vehicles to customers throughout the UK and return collection vehicles to Wirral. We are looking for people, who are conscientious, reliable and who recognise the importance of excellent customer service. Must have at least 10 years driving experience.

Previous applicants need not apply.

Applications in writing to West Wallasey Car Hire, 40 CROSS LANE, WALLASEY CH45 8RH
Apply online: www.westwallasey.com/careers
Posted By: Mark Re: Job at WestWallasey Van Hire - 24th Dec 2014 11:36am
Thanks for sharing the Vacancies smile

Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Job at WestWallasey Van Hire - 24th Dec 2014 1:32pm
Think twice before you apply for one of these jobs. A friend of mine applied last year and was told that the wages were "about" minimum wage, and while they tried to arrange for you to have a vehicle to drive back you might have to get back from anywhere in the UK on public transport and then claim back your fare on expenses. They also insist on a pretty strict dress code, at your expense.
Posted By: joeblogs Re: Job at WestWallasey Van Hire - 24th Dec 2014 2:20pm
yep your right cowboys,keep well away from these clowns
Posted By: pepe26 Re: Job at WestWallasey Van Hire - 24th Dec 2014 6:54pm
Interesting ?? So many jobs have you going the extra mile at your expense . I wouldn't travel at my expense back to base but many fools will
Posted By: bigwillow Re: Job at WestWallasey Van Hire - 24th Dec 2014 11:00pm
min wage drop car off at london get train back.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Job at WestWallasey Van Hire - 25th Dec 2014 3:30pm
I can never take that firm seriously; when I see the name, I think of Wallace and Gromit: 62 West Wallaby Street.
Posted By: Davefabo Re: Job at WestWallasey Van Hire - 30th Dec 2014 8:07pm
Having recently worked there for a short time I can confirm the wage is £6.70 per hour, a tad above minimum wage. The dress code is not as mentioned above, its fairly informal as long as you dont wear jeans/trakkie bottoms and wear the company tie, which they provide.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Job at WestWallasey Van Hire - 31st Dec 2014 4:57pm
They provide the tie!!! Jesus theyre not as cheap as i thought!
Posted By: Mark Re: Job at WestWallasey Van Hire - 31st Dec 2014 6:21pm
Someone may just get a job they need from the advert. Ex city link ?

Sometimes beggers cant be choosers.
Posted By: saltytom Re: Job at WestWallasey Van Hire - 1st Jan 2015 8:17am
Well said Mark, I know a few people who work for West Wallasey as drivers ok money not great management a bit iffy, but if you are on a pension it is a top up.
I know people who are still there after 10years including an ex Mayor and retired police officers.
Posted By: workinclasshero Re: Job at WestWallasey Van Hire - 1st Jan 2015 4:49pm
Thats why there is no jobs for anyone else when you have people who have retired and got pensions going back to work.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Job at WestWallasey Van Hire - 1st Jan 2015 5:17pm
Originally Posted by workinclasshero
Thats why there is no jobs for anyone else when you have people who have retired and got pensions going back to work.

that the only reason is it?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Job at WestWallasey Van Hire - 1st Jan 2015 5:54pm
Originally Posted by saltytom
a bit iffy

In other words be prepared to get points on your licence as they will expect you to speed.

Met their type before.
Posted By: saltytom Re: Job at WestWallasey Van Hire - 2nd Jan 2015 12:43pm
They do not expect you to speed if you have points its SIMPLE no job.
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Job at WestWallasey Van Hire - 2nd Jan 2015 2:40pm
I can never understand why some people are so DOWN on a firm offering people gainful, legal employment. You don't want the job, fine! then dont apply for it! No-one is forcing anyone to work there with a gun to their head, are they? Businesses have to operate at a profit no mater what they do, or they go out of business. It's not a crime to keep costs as low as possible - or perhaps people would prefer they go bust so that the Guvmint can take over the care of their poor unfortunate EMPLOYEES?
If anyone has any specific allegations about this company exploiting people or breaking any laws then let's hear them, instead of just casting nasturtiums.
Posted By: justice Re: Job at WestWallasey Van Hire - 2nd Jan 2015 6:41pm
Agree CVCVCV Yes, and don't forget that the people who have the guts to work at low paid less desirable jobs pay tax to help fund benefits for those who refuse to work unless the job is tailored to their needs.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral