Forums
Enjoy searching them fake jobs smack smack smack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efr-VEkwWoM

[youtube]Efr-VEkwWoM[/youtube]
Posted By: TheDr Re: Why is government website carrying fake jobs? - 10th Mar 2014 6:55pm
Just watched the whole report, that is staggering, but does show that people need to take more care what they're doing, even if they have no choice but to do it.
Originally Posted by TheDr
Just watched the whole report, that is staggering, but does show that people need to take more care what they're doing, even if they have no choice but to do it.

I use a few external job sites now anyway.
It would explain how i've applied for over 240 jobs and not one reply nfrom the job centre website wink
How cruel is that!
Wouldnt surprise me if the Govt knew all along (even discretely funding it) and were spying on job seekers to make sure they were applying for jobs.
Whilst i agree its cruel I know jobseekers who just filled in their job list the day before signing on with jobs they never applied for--its the only way to play the game.
My lad was told by the job centre he must apply for a job at Boots in Bromborough. He phoned Boots up and was told the job had been filled so he didnt bother applying--and yes he got his JSA stopped.
Posted By: sparky Re: Why is government website carrying fake jobs? - 12th Mar 2014 10:16am
I have just watched the whole report and I am shocked, I look at the Universal Jobmatch website everyday and I have never had a reply from any of the jobs I have applied for. It never occured to me that some of the jobs are fake.
Posted By: granny Re: Why is government website carrying fake jobs? - 12th Mar 2014 6:01pm
My belief is that this has been going on for at least the last seven to ten years. There was always a question about 'why' when registering with the different agencies, they never followed up with any information on the job applied for, never came back with anything at all. Also, quite often, the same jobs were advertised on many different agency sites, nationwide. Now I can't see that would be necessary and an expensive option for those advertising the job.
It would appear that fake jobs or multiple advertising would boost the agency 'profile' and maybe (we don't know, like so many other schemes run by the previous government) for everyone who registered with an agency, they may have received a tariff.
So it would therefore have been in their best interests to have jobs galore, genuine or fake, if recruitment increased.
Around the year 2000, a scheme was introduced by the then government whereby, if any company employed someone who had been unemployed for 12 months or longer, they would pay the company the first 12 months salary (or more) of the person. Hence, wages were reduced, and no chance of promotion for anyone else within the companies. Just another way of keeping the unemployment figures and wages down.
The national minimum wage was introduced, and followed up by the Job Evaluation Scheme to run nationwide. Great ! That then meant that anyone who was on a slightly higher earing bracket than those who had been recruited from long term unemployment,was likely to see their job disappear.(cuts) All these schemes did, was continue everything in a ongoing circular movement which has caused a great deal of hardship and stress to many. Plus staff with no experience have been put into the jobs that others had years of experience. That's why we can't get an answer to anything we need to know these days.
Consequently the more people that staff recruitment agencies registered, the happier they would be, and it kept them in a job.
Posted By: granny Re: Why is government website carrying fake jobs? - 12th Mar 2014 6:22pm

http://intensiveactivity.wordpress.com/2009/05/22/companies-get-2500-to-employ-jobseekers/

a lengthy but interesting read
I have come to the conclusion these people are harvesting jobseekers contact details and selling them on to the people who spam your inbox and telephone left right and centre.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Why is government website carrying fake jobs? - 16th Mar 2014 11:40pm
http://www.theguardian.com/money/2014/mar/16/dwp-jobs-website-universal-jobsmatch

It is being scrapped!!
So now I know why I wasn't getting a reply from all those jobs I applied for on this site!
@Jobneeded67.What sort of work are you looking for?Maybe able to help you.A CRB check will be required.
Originally Posted by snowhite
@Jobneeded67.What sort of work are you looking for?Maybe able to help you.A CRB check will be required.

tried to pm you snowhite?
wont let me as you are at your limit, could you pm me regarding the work you might be able to offer please
Posted By: sparky Re: Why is government website carrying fake jobs? - 26th Mar 2014 9:27am
I agree, I have never had a reply from any of the jobs I have applied for through the site.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral