Forums
Posted By: Elphie Looking for temporary part time work. - 12th Sep 2013 5:02pm
I'm currently 19 weeks pregnant and having been made redundant from my last job am looking for part time admin or reception work until December (or with an employer who doesn't mind me having 6 months off shortly after starting!).

Does anyone know of anything that might be up coming? I've looked in all the usual places but I know I'm not a great employment prospect, especially when I'm waddling into interviews with bump quite obviously on show!!

Thanks

Sue
Posted By: pepe26 Re: Looking for temporary part time work. - 12th Sep 2013 5:55pm
Wirral council transport staff 0 hrs maybe worth a look
Posted By: Elphie Re: Looking for temporary part time work. - 12th Sep 2013 6:18pm
Thanks for replying!!
I did see that one but in the job description it says "assisting users at the beginning and end of their journeys" which i presume is loading wheelchairs and helping people with mobility issues which would normally be fine but in my current condition could be risky!!
Posted By: Laraine Re: Looking for temporary part time work. - 12th Sep 2013 11:13pm
Have you tried any of the temping agencies? They may be able to get you a few weeks or even a few months with an employer.
Link to new information sheet (January 2013) on pregnancy and working, if you haven't seen it already it could be useful. Apologies if you already have :-)

http://www.maternityaction.org.uk/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/paw.pdf
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Looking for temporary part time work. - 13th Sep 2013 7:55am
Hi Elphie, I was in the same position as you, and was taken on by WH Smiths as causual Christmas staff. There are loads of places looking for temp casual staff for over Xmas best of luck.
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: Looking for temporary part time work. - 13th Sep 2013 11:38am
Just lie about being preggo until you are unable to hide it.
Posted By: Elphie Re: Looking for temporary part time work. - 13th Sep 2013 8:47pm
Originally Posted by DeanoBirko
Just lie about being preggo until you are unable to hide it.

Very very much past that stage!
Posted By: Elphie Re: Looking for temporary part time work. - 13th Sep 2013 8:49pm
Originally Posted by Laraine
Have you tried any of the temping agencies? They may be able to get you a few weeks or even a few months with an employer.
Link to new information sheet (January 2013) on pregnancy and working, if you haven't seen it already it could be useful. Apologies if you already have :-)

http://www.maternityaction.org.uk/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/paw.pdf

You know, I didn't even think about temping having avoided it in the past looking for longterm work! Good call!!
Posted By: blee8131 Re: Looking for temporary part time work. - 14th Sep 2013 10:59am
Originally Posted by Sallybear
Hi Elphie, I was in the same position as you, and was taken on by WH Smiths as causual Christmas staff. There are loads of places looking for temp casual staff for over Xmas best of luck.
Did you apply online?am looking for any work at the moment,fed up just sitting around and being on benefits.Anything will do untill i get a fulltime job.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral