Forums
Posted By: Martin1943 Career wanted! - 21st Aug 2013 6:32pm
Looking for Work:
My son has just left the Army where he was a Helicopter/Avionics tech. Not much he doesn't know about the maintenance of Helicopters and record keeping.
Now he's a civvy he wants a job around here. He has passed the 17th ed wiring exams but need to work with a contractor to enable him to obtain "Installations".
Is there anyone who would like to assist him in any way?
His interest is in Industrial wiring and maintenance rather than domestic.
Or, of course, someone might need to employ him for his Avionics skills.
Anywhere in this region, including North Wales and Lancashire.
Please PM me if you have anything to help him.
Posted By: Neilj Re: Career wanted! - 21st Aug 2013 7:26pm
You are probably already aware of the companies at Hawarden Airport, North Wales - try www.airbus.com/work/ - always looking for people skilled avionics or write to EADS Recruitment, c/o Airbus, Chester Road, Broughton, Flintshire CH4 0DR. Also lots of avionics and helicopter servicing companies operate from Hawarden Airport. In addition the Airbus parent company EADS also based at the site and although Eurocopter is based down in Oxford I think they have a very small servicing team at Hawarden.
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: Career wanted! - 22nd Aug 2013 9:00am
Tell him to try BAE Systems. They like ex military. Not going to be much on the Wirral, its barren.
Posted By: sean Re: Career wanted! - 22nd Aug 2013 10:46am
Tell him to get his offshore ticket and go out as a field service controls engineer. They are in very short supply. I've worked with a few ex RN lads who were on avionics but now doing controls. Have a look at Rolls Royce energy, dresser rand, Siemens, Elliot, GE and the likes.
Hope this helps
Posted By: coops Re: Career wanted! - 22nd Aug 2013 11:59am
he should contact BT
© Wirral-Wikiwirral