Forums
Posted By: jimjamjamie any job go to be for a 12 year old - 23rd Apr 2013 7:34pm
has to be in wallasey and after 4 oclock smile
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: any job go to be for a 12 year old - 23rd Apr 2013 7:38pm
this doesn't make sense!
Posted By: McFlurry Re: any job go to be for a 12 year old - 23rd Apr 2013 8:51pm
It does.

12 year old wants a job in Wallasey but it needs to be after 4pm as he has school.

Posted By: McFlurry Re: any job go to be for a 12 year old - 23rd Apr 2013 8:54pm
I need someone to clean my house top to bottom and ad love to pay someone who will benefit loads from the cash in hand and has a genuine work ethic such as a 12 year old.

How do i go about trusting him?

Its all pretty weird.
Posted By: dave2745 Re: any job go to be for a 12 year old - 23rd Apr 2013 9:38pm
More importantly, how does the 12 year old go about trusting the person he proposes to work for? Especially if it involves spending a couple of hours a week at what would initially be a stranger's house. After all, you can't be too careful these days. Personally, I think the lad would be better off getting a paper round.
Posted By: jimjamjamie Re: any job go to be for a 12 year old - 24th Apr 2013 6:32am
i wouldn't know to be honest you would just have to trust him hes been going round trying to get one and there's been no luck frown
Posted By: GazLar Re: any job go to be for a 12 year old - 24th Apr 2013 7:04am
I hope someone gives this lad a chance. Seems like he wants to get some extra cash and who can blame him for trying, ask the milk man if he needs a runner, thats where I started
Posted By: dave2745 Re: any job go to be for a 12 year old - 24th Apr 2013 7:27am
Originally Posted by GazSeeley
I hope someone gives this lad a chance. Seems like he wants to get some extra cash and who can blame him for trying, ask the milk man if he needs a runner, thats where I started

That's what I was thinking, Gaz, but isn't that early morning as oppose to after school? I can remember many moons ago, the young lad next door worked on the milk and I could hear the milkman picking him up at around 5.30 o'clock every morning. The other thing is are there many milkmen left these days? I haven't seen one delivering to my street for over ten years now.

I can remember as a lad, me and a couple of mates would go around offering to dig people's gardens over or clean up their yards. We wouldn't take the rubbish away, just bag it up for them to dispose of. This, however, was something we did specifically during the summer holidays or on weekends (and probably not suitable for after 4 p.m.). I guess the lad would need to sit down and make a list of the kind of work he's prepared to do and consider the legal aspects, of course. Fortunately, we didn't have all these rules and regulations when we were young. I really do hope the lad finds what he's looking for.
Posted By: pebbles16 Re: any job go to be for a 12 year old - 24th Apr 2013 7:28am
My son who is 12, managed to get himself a little car washing round with a friend, just in the local area. He didn't earn a ton of money, but he had alot more cash than he would normally get. I had to warn him of the obvious dangers that he may come across, i.e not going in the house for any reason, only wash cars that were in the front drive or parked on the road. I must say though, the job didnt last forever, because, as with most teenagers they get bored easily and would much prefer to not have to work for money! He has a paper round lined up for his forthcoming 13th birthday, so let's hope I can keep hold of my own money a little longer!!
Posted By: granny Re: any job go to be for a 12 year old - 24th Apr 2013 9:52am
Depending on where you live in Wallasey,or which school he goes to (re:location) there may be some garden centres that would take him on. A bit of plant watering at the end of the day etc. Plenty to try along Leasowe Road for example.
Posted By: granny Re: any job go to be for a 12 year old - 24th Apr 2013 9:57am
Originally Posted by pebbles16
so let's hope I can keep hold of my own money a little longer!!

Pebbles.....don't be fooled. Start saving big time eek
Posted By: Rich334 Re: any job go to be for a 12 year old - 24th Apr 2013 10:42am
Minimum ages children can work
Part-time work

The youngest age a child can work part-time is 13, except children involved in areas like:

Television

Theatre

Modelling

Children working in these areas will need a performance licence.

How things have changed since I worked on a paper round, then milk round all under age 12.
Posted By: pebbles16 Re: any job go to be for a 12 year old - 24th Apr 2013 12:58pm
LOL!! My money is spent before it has even been earned! I love it when he says 'just go to the cash machine'! He still hasnt worked out that you have to have cash in there, to take it out again. Oh, to be a child again.......
Posted By: louise127 Re: any job go to be for a 12 year old - 24th Apr 2013 4:36pm
Its very enterprising that kids want to earn their own money, he could try doing odd job for family members to get used to "work" and ask around newsagents for paper rounds when he's 13,mind you if he only wants after 4pm he could deliver the Echo lol smile
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: any job go to be for a 12 year old - 24th Apr 2013 6:41pm
H&S stopped loads of part time work for teenagers with the stupid god damn PC brigade.

Insurance costs rocket and so on, our 16 year old has been trying for 3 years and only 3 of her 20-30 school friends have managed to get some work and 2 of them by family connections.

Paper rounds even difficult now as many read online so rounds are smaller and less of them, hairdressers wont employ for a few hours on a sat due to working laws and so on.

Who is to blame? PC brigade? H&S ? GOVT ? EU ? answers on a postcard.
Posted By: reddragon Re: any job go to be for a 12 year old - 25th Apr 2013 2:33pm
Who is to blame? PC brigade? H&S ? GOVT ? EU ? answers on a postcard.

All of the above
Posted By: Kieran1981 Re: any job go to be for a 12 year old - 30th May 2013 1:44am
I had a paper round when I was around 13 and it paid £8 a week, you worked 5.30am til 7.30am 7 days a week and got a week off every 6 weeks. Less than £1 an hour lol. I did it for 2 years though and only overslept twice, in 2 years, never had a day off. My reliability is still the same, been in my current job since January 2005 and never rang in sick. Only been off for annual leave.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral