Forums
Posted By: Candlyfloss NHS Wirral - 1st Apr 2013 12:19am
alot of part time and full time work comming up.watch this space for more
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: NHS Wirral - 1st Apr 2013 3:23am
I hope it will be something I get contacted about as I'm set up to receive job alerts from the NHS, especially those on the clerical side of things smile
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: NHS Wirral - 1st Apr 2013 3:24am
Posted By: missmahjong Re: NHS Wirral - 1st Apr 2013 9:07am
I already work for the NHS , have not heard any think,were do you mean, ST CATHS?
Posted By: Santos Re: NHS Wirral - 1st Apr 2013 10:05am
I hope this is not a pathetic and sick April Fools joke, because if it is you ought to be ashamed giving people false hopes.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: NHS Wirral - 1st Apr 2013 10:37am
Originally Posted by Santos
I hope this is not a pathetic and sick April Fools joke, because if it is you ought to be ashamed giving people false hopes.
I was wondering that........
Posted By: ShaunTheSheep Re: NHS Wirral - 1st Apr 2013 11:19am
Originally Posted by Santos

If it is, good. Some people need to loosen up on here!
Posted By: j_demo Re: NHS Wirral - 1st Apr 2013 6:53pm
1. 95% of the jobs in the NHS want current NHS employees (fortunately for me, unfortunately for most)

2. i am not aware of many jobs coming up at st. caths, they're getting rid of people not hiring.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: NHS Wirral - 1st Apr 2013 7:38pm
Originally Posted by j_demo
1. 95% of the jobs in the NHS want current NHS employees (fortunately for me, unfortunately for most)

2. i am not aware of many jobs coming up at st. caths, they're getting rid of people not hiring.

I agree about the NHS jobs being 'Internal' posts, thats why i asked Candyfloss if she meant St Caths because it's a differant trust.
I notice she has not come back on to clarify any think!!!
Posted By: j_demo Re: NHS Wirral - 1st Apr 2013 9:24pm
Originally Posted by missmahjong
Originally Posted by j_demo

I agree about the NHS jobs being 'Internal' posts, thats why i asked Candyfloss if she meant St Caths because it's a differant trust.
I notice she has not come back on to clarify any think!!!

there's 2 'trusts' at st caths

PCT (Primary Care Trust) ie the main NHS, and the CWP (Cheshire Wirral Partnership) the latter of which is who i work for at St. Caths, both of which mainly employ people from within the NHS.

currently the main NHS has to save an unknown amount of millions, probably somewhere close to £100m, the CWP has to save £13m in the next financial year.

honestly, they wouldn't be advertising for people from outside of the trust for jobs (which would cost a lot of money for advertising, shortlisting, interviewing, getting enhanced CRB checks done, checking references, then all the training for systems etc and also the mandatory training every member of staff has to do) when there are people within the trust, about 30% of which are on temporary contracts (including myself) who have all of the above (CRB, training etc) and so it wouldn't cost the trust anything, particularly as previously mentioned that they have to save a LOT of money.

unfortunately, the opening post may be correct, that there are jobs coming up, however i can almost guarantee that they will be almost all internal only

if you wanted a job within the NHS and aren't already in it, you can apply for any 'bank' position which is basically "NHS Reserves" for when people are on long-term sick or maternity leave etc departments can call on 'bank staff' to do the work. it's only on a pay-as-you-work basis so one week you may earn £250 or so and another £0 so it's best for 'topping up' a household income, not really a main job for someone. same goes for agency work, the CWP use 2 main agencies 'hayes' and another i can't quite remember off the top of my head, but if you want to know, let me know and i'll find out, if you have your heart set on working for the CWP/NHS then join an agency or (honestly) get lucky and apply for a job that is externally advertised (remember temp internal staff will also be applying for them too)and get it.

sorry for the long post.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: NHS Wirral - 1st Apr 2013 9:38pm
Miss already works for PCT
Posted By: missmahjong Re: NHS Wirral - 1st Apr 2013 11:29pm
J Demo, i stated that i already work for the NHS [8yrs now after taking VR after 30 yrs service at Cadburys] I was merely questioning CANDYFLOSSES post about NHS JOBS being available, when i know the ' situation'.that there are very few . I wondered were she got her information............ Given the problem with employment maybe she should not give the ' impression' there are jobs .........
Posted By: j_demo Re: NHS Wirral - 2nd Apr 2013 12:56pm
i agree with you, was more for information for everyone else.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral