Forums
Posted By: Sallybear Admin Assistant - 15 jobs - 20th Mar 2013 10:51am
Southport Passport Office are looking for AA's it's on the Civil Service Recruitment website. I know Southport isn't exactly local, but would suit someone prepared to travel and could lead to other work. £15,000 starting salary for AA's.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Admin Assistant - 15 jobs - 20th Mar 2013 10:52am
https://jobs.civilservice.gov.uk/company/nghr/jobs.cgi
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: Admin Assistant - 15 jobs - 20th Mar 2013 12:36pm
Cant find it by searching on that link...
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Admin Assistant - 15 jobs - 20th Mar 2013 1:39pm
Just go to that link, the option to search for is region, chose North West and it comes up as a Home Office Job.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Admin Assistant - 15 jobs - 20th Mar 2013 1:40pm
Closing date is tomorrow though so you would have to be quick, worth a shot though.
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: Admin Assistant - 15 jobs - 20th Mar 2013 1:44pm
Cheers,
Posted By: louise127 Re: Admin Assistant - 15 jobs - 20th Mar 2013 6:39pm
wow didn't even know southport had a passport office you learn something new every day smile
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Admin Assistant - 15 jobs - 20th Mar 2013 6:54pm
Yep, You need the Southport Passport office So you can get to Ainsdale :-)
Posted By: Candlyfloss Re: Admin Assistant - 15 jobs - 20th Mar 2013 8:41pm
Thanks sallybear,my mate has applied,so fingers crossed.
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Admin Assistant - 15 jobs - 21st Mar 2013 3:59am
I looked at the vacancy and wondered how you would provide proof of your qualifications if you got them at school waaaaayy back in the late 70's? The vacancy states you must have proof at the interview. Do schools keep records that long I wonder. I've long since thrown out my O level results and wouldn't be able to prove I got them.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Admin Assistant - 15 jobs - 21st Mar 2013 6:37am
Elizabeth - If you apply to study to be a teacher in the UK, no matter your age you have to prove your education back to GCSE/O-Lever, you get in touch with your school, they tell you the exam boards at the time, which these days have mostly merged into 1, and you write off with a small cheque and they send you the results you got. It's all there somewhere.

Great stuff Candyfloss. Really glad someone saw this and went for it. Best of luck for your mate. x
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Admin Assistant - 15 jobs - 21st Mar 2013 11:40pm
Originally Posted by Sallybear
Elizabeth - If you apply to study to be a teacher in the UK, no matter your age you have to prove your education back to GCSE/O-Lever, you get in touch with your school, they tell you the exam boards at the time, which these days have mostly merged into 1, and you write off with a small cheque and they send you the results you got. It's all there somewhere.

That's good to know. I will do just that when I'm back on the Wirral later this year as I will be job hunting (not as a teacher though ) but still the proof of my exams will certainly come in handy smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral