Forums
Posted By: cathie Accounts Assistant - 13th Mar 2013 10:35am
this is being advertised internally

A vacancy has arisen for a permanent, part time accounts assistant based at Valley Road, Birkenhead.
Main responsibilities of the role are:
• Maintenance of cash books for 4 companies, including preparation of monthly cash flow statements and bank reconciliations.
• Maintenance of purchase ledgers including coding and posting of all invoices, preparation of cheque runs and liaising with suppliers.
• Maintenance of fixed asset registers including preparation of depreciation journals on monthly basis.
• Preparation of monthly prepayment journals and maintenance of prepayment accounts.
• Preparation and posting of other general ledger journals as required.
• Other ad-hoc duties as required.
Essential qualifications and competencies are:
• Experience of preparation of accounts to trail balance is essential.
• Strong excel skills.
• Experience of JDE is preferred but not essential.
• Candidates should be able to work to a high level of accuracy and be able to meet reporting deadlines.
Core hours are 21 hours per week to be worked over three, four or five days, as preferred. It would be preferable for the candidate to be flexible and be able to work up to 30 hours per week if work load requires.
To apply, please send a CV to Claire Rivington by no later than 20 March 2013.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Accounts Assistant - 13th Mar 2013 12:05pm
I thought 'internal' job specs were only available if you were already employed by said company.
Posted By: cathie Re: Accounts Assistant - 13th Mar 2013 12:15pm
Maybe I am already employed by said company
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: Accounts Assistant - 13th Mar 2013 12:30pm
you have not supplied an email address for claire rivington.
Posted By: cathie Re: Accounts Assistant - 13th Mar 2013 12:35pm
[email protected]

Park Group plc
Valley Road
Bidston
CH41 7ED
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Accounts Assistant - 13th Mar 2013 4:06pm
Originally Posted by cathie
Maybe I am already employed by said company
What I meant was, you have put the job up as a vacancy for people to see but its only available 'internal 'hence you have to be already employed by the company.. to apply....
Posted By: cathie Re: Accounts Assistant - 13th Mar 2013 6:29pm
They do like to advertise positions internally first but if an "outsider" (having visions of "local jobs for local people!!") applied and impressed then it's all good :0)
© Wirral-Wikiwirral