Forums
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 2nd Nov 2012 12:59pm
There are far too many people now chasing each job vacancy, so much so that usually - within the space of just a few hours - the vacancy has gone.

Depressing. It just makes you feel like giving up looking for work altogether.
Money in old rope now days lid..
Dont take this the wrong way but considering all the work you have done to get a job it's about time you ask yourself " am i doing something wrong "
have you got a proper CV? and i dont mean one you knocked up on the computer in an hour?
all these letters for jobs. are they cold letter?
I'm not saying you havent tried but trying "wrong" is as bad as not trying.
My CV has been professionally done, and indeed has been praised y one or two employers and recruiters, so there is no need to revamp it.

No, the problem is that I live in a rubbishy area like Wirral, which is one of the worst places in the UK for unemployment. I would love to get out of the place, but the question is, where to go?
I could tell you where...
Originally Posted by Jobneeded67
My CV has been professionally done, and indeed has been praised y one or two employers and recruiters, so there is no need to revamp it.

No, the problem is that I live in a rubbishy area like Wirral, which is one of the worst places in the UK for unemployment. I would love to get out of the place, but the question is, where to go?

have you considered working in security?
i dont know if its still available but if you have been unemployed for 6months or more the job centre would fund you the training and a badge.
there is always lots and lots of work available in security i promise you that. just something else for you to consider. smile
Posted By: Zubee Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 2nd Nov 2012 8:15pm
Wirral is NOT a rubbishy area! shocked
Posted By: cathie Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 2nd Nov 2012 9:15pm
Have you tried indeed.co.uk? They are advertising plenty of jobs on the "rubbishy" Wirral and even describe it as "The Wirral Peninsula is an extremely attractive and sought after location with excellent schools and leisure facilities. It enjoys proximity to the exciting cities of Manchester, Liverpool and Chester with good road and rail links to the rest of the country, while maintaining its rural character." But that was on a advert for a Consultant in Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle....

Well, according to you, anywhere would be better, so why delay?
Originally Posted by chriskay

withthat
Posted By: petzl Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 3rd Nov 2012 2:04am
Originally Posted by Capt_America

withthat

Tut Tut ... stop picking on jobneeded, he / she, is right.
Wirral IS a crap place when you are looking for work. Anyone who says it isnt is seriously out of touch !
Have any of the people complaining about the lack of work considered putting their skills and talent to work by doing something for themselves, the JobCentre will even give (or is that loan) you a thousand pounds and pay you a portion of Job Seekers' allowance for a few months. There are also grants, some repayable, some not, available.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 5th Nov 2012 4:45pm
With your outlook on life, and all the moaning you do, I know of just the job for you, it requires no people skills, and no sense of humour, Become a prison officer.
Originally Posted by BurgerChips
With your outlook on life, and all the moaning you do, I know of just the job for you, it requires no people skills, and no sense of humour, Become a prison officer.
Lmao,Royal mail have vacancies,
Agency work he can also apply for.
May I point out to Jobneeded67 numerous members over at least the last 6 months have taken time to inform you of places where there are vacancies including myself but to my knowledge you have never returned any feedback back as to if you have applied to these vacancies whereas you have commented about 3 times of one place you have applied to as a total waste of time
Posted By: dave_h Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 5th Nov 2012 5:45pm

dont take this the wrong way but if your getting complimented on your cv by perspective employers then im assuming your at interview then its probably you and and your interview skills... have you been askjing for detailed feedback?
Posted By: dave_h Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 5th Nov 2012 5:45pm
Originally Posted by Zubee

roger that one
Posted By: davaw1 Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 5th Nov 2012 5:54pm
Its obvious and has been for sometime now that jobsneeded is nothing but a troll and its not even worth replying to his posts.
jobnotneeded will be after your bum!!!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 5th Nov 2012 10:11pm
Every single post you have ever made is 'lack of job' related. Did you join just to tell us that you cant find a job, over and over and over again?

I hope your c.v reflects your personality coz your posts here put me on a downer. Misery personified.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 5th Nov 2012 10:12pm
Originally Posted by davaw1
Its obvious and has been for sometime now that jobsneeded is nothing but a troll and its not even worth replying to his posts.
withthat
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 5th Nov 2012 10:18pm
*back on ignore list now*
Originally Posted by dave_h

roger that one

Two
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Every single post you have ever made is 'lack of job' related. Did you join just to tell us that you cant find a job, over and over and over again?

I hope your c.v reflects your personality coz your posts here put me on a downer. Misery personified.

Any pharmacists here that might be able to give jobsneeded a chemically induced smile?
Posted By: SUExx Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 6th Nov 2012 7:37am
There you all go AGAIN. As none of us no jobneeded in person, and we never really truly no anyone through a pc screen, how do you no he isnt being genuine about not getting a job.

Do most of you no there is a recession on and that there are CUTBACKS in every job. Ive seen it myself what with my son trying to get a job. The fact its all done through a cv on a pc these days, not like the old days where you got a interview, im sure many of you have read in the papers and heard on the news that the 18 to 24 year old are finding hard , if no one is willing to give them a chance they wont have much to put on a cv in terms of experience.

In most jobs now if someone leaves the rest of the staff have extra thigs to do as they arent being replaced, due to cutbacks.
Perhaps wiki is jobneededs way of letting his anger out at not been give an chance at a job,and people in this currant climate should be a bit more compassionate.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 6th Nov 2012 9:36am
I think the problem is Sue as others have pointed out that jobneeds has never responded to any positive or supportive comments by wiki people.Of course we all know that the current climate is not easy but again as others have mentioned it was not good in late 70s either.Many including me and others on here made the positive step of moving away to get a job which is what jobneeds keeps saying he will but does nothing about it.We were a family with 3 youngsters so it was a BIG step but we felt there was no point in sitting round waiting for something to turn up.
Thank you for sympathising with my sentiments. It is certainly very reassuring to know that there ARE people on these boards who know what I am going through, and how bad it is here on Wirral for trying to find a job. I have just spent yet another hellish, depressing day being out of work. It is horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE. I just feel as if I am never ever going to get out of this depressing rut.
Tut, tut, tut . . . I don't know, another unsympathetic, insensitive soul.

Being unemployed is NOTHING to be facetious about, you know.
Don't be so sarcastic. Being jobless is no fun, you know. I need advice, not sneering, sarky remarks.
Yes, that is right - these who are faulting me for my comments SHOULD be a bit more understanding and compassionate towards my plight. Sadly, to judge by their pathetic, shallow, sneering comments, they probably don't have any real understanding whatsoever about what it's really like to be stuck on the dole and being rejected or snubbed by employer after employer.

As you rightly pointed out, they need to get real about the harsh reality that is the recession, instead of being so quick to sneer at genuine unemployed people like me.

Their attitudes are, to be quite frank, unbelievable.
Look, I WOULD move away. Tomorrow, if I could. It's just finding suitable accommodation.
boohoo boohoo
Jobneeded you constantly moan on about wanting advice,a bit of sympathy etc.....but you never reply to questions or advice from other members here...so i think people do sneer now has it has just become a constant moaning session!!

Reply to some members personally who have offered help,not just throw ya dummy out!
Posted By: rocks Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 7th Nov 2012 9:12am
how can you expect sympathy from the people of Wirral when your constantly slagging the place off in which most of us choose to live in?
oh and dont worry you'll soon be doing voluntary work for your JSA so that will keep you busy and may even help you into full time work
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 7th Nov 2012 9:46am
Blockbusters in Moreton Cross are looking for staff, take your CV in.
Posted By: rocks Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 7th Nov 2012 12:11pm
here you go jobneeded67 https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/741059/Voluntary_Work.html
Posted By: davaw1 Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 7th Nov 2012 1:38pm
'Look' It's obvious jobsneed is a well educated person, you can tell by his grammar, punctuation and use of words. The person behind the account more than likley has a job, has done from day one and is just here on the wind up, so stop taking the bait and replying to this troll and he will soon get bored and move on.
On a good note , grandson had interview at tulip brom to-day ,induction friday ,family very pleased for him . Only temp but it,s positive news,and he knows there are alot of 'poles'
Posted By: rocks Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 7th Nov 2012 3:29pm
thats great news missy thumbsup
What are "poles"?
Try applying for Manor Bakeries in Moreton. It's only seasonal work, but it'll pad your bank account out a bit, and lots of first-timers have started there this year. Some are now on night shift, and some have even been trained up as machine operators!

Give it a try, at the very least they'll keep you on file and call you up when things get busy.

And though I know first hand how depressing being unemployed is, try to remain positive. Good luck!
Hey, look - I am a GENUINE job seeker. I am NOT just some internet "troll" out to wind people up. Actually, I HATE trolls.

If I wasn't seriously dejected and dispirited about looking for work, then I certainly wouldn't be posting vehement comments on here.
*eye roll* yes we know. what are you doing about it apart from whinging and moaning?
You never reply to peeps who have posted jobs and advice.
Posted By: granny Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 9th Nov 2012 1:58am
You certainly don't seem to be getting very far Jobneeded. Up to now, you haven't even given an idea of what type of work you may be looking for. As someone said, many have given ideas and posted companies that are seeking employees, but you are not responding to any of them. In the times we are living, with employment difficult at best, it is surely a better option to apply for any job which provides an income and some self worth, to help you out of what seems like depression. You put up barriers to seeking work in another area because of accommodation reasons. My goodness, have you not heard of Board and Lodgings or Hostels. People do that, it might not be quite so comfortable as living at home but if you are desperate enough, you would do it, as others before you. Strikes me, you would like eveything tailor made for you to slot into. Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that anymore.You need to take heed of what people on this thread have been offering and act accordingly.They have given you good advise. Good luck if you are applying for voluntary work, it's a start.
Why dont you spend less time on the Internet and get outside and meet people, network. Its not how good your CV is, its who you know.

I have a well paid job, with no degree or qualifications. Its down to being sociable and personable. I do well considering I have very little in the way of formal qualifications.

Step away from your computer screen and go enjoy being off work. The dole will sort you out.
Originally Posted by saltytom
What are "poles"?
slang for polish.
Posted By: MFranks Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 9th Nov 2012 11:51am
Try volunteering until you get a job just anything to keep you mind off of the whole "Can't get work blues".

For me I Jog allot of the time do housework and will soon be volunteering as a gardener, do whatever keeps you motivated and don't give up.

Things will pick up hopefully now that the recession is officially over.
Jobneeded 67 did you volunteer to do the YELLOW PAGES deliveries that were advertised in the globe and the news ok its 7 - 10 days work but its something have you applied for the free paper deliveries they are looking for distributors everywhere
Being one who has worked at Vauxhalls on the line, picked spuds, picked sprouts, worked in a pie factory packing pork pies, weeded farmers cereal fields and cleaned toilets, I think I can safely say that if you are willing to do literally anything for a job then you can get one sooner or later. You just have to be not so fussy, while working think of something else and make your time off work quality time off, it worked for me. I also had some lovely jobs and wish I was still doing that but that's life. If you restrict your job criteria then you stand no chance and just sink into further despond. JMHO.

P.S. If you think jobs are scarce here you want to try Lincolnshire.
Posted By: Clever1 Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 10th Nov 2012 7:03pm
Originally Posted by taylor4898
boohoo boohoo

If JOBNEEDED is a troll and wants to get of the Wirral, there are plenty of caves in the Pennines.
Originally Posted by Clever1
boohoo boohoo

If JOBNEEDED is a troll and wants to get of the Wirral, there are plenty of caves in the Pennines.

That's a stupid, stupid thing to say. You obviously don't fully understand the plight of the jobless.

Are you sure YOU'RE not troll???
Oh my word, this thread is horrendous.
Posted By: Zubee Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 12th Nov 2012 7:14pm
boohoo boohoo

That's a stupid, stupid thing to say. You obviously don't fully understand the plight of the jobless.

I think people do understand that it's difficult being unemployed but as a few people have already said on this thread you haven't responded to ANY of the suggestions people have been good enough to offer you.

It does seem that all you want to do is whinge about being on the dole.

And before you come back with something pithy, I'm on the dole too.
Posted By: Clever1 Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 12th Nov 2012 10:09pm
boohoo boohoo

I'm sure that I'm not A TROLL. But what would I be if I was just troll???
what is the (dole) ?
Posted By: Zubee Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 13th Nov 2012 12:09am
Originally Posted by workinclasshero
what is the (dole) ?

It's a place in Liscard where you go to be spoken down to, chastised and where they look at you in a very disappointed fashion. Then they give you £71 EVERY week.

Sometimes I'm at a loss as what to spend it on. A new car, a holiday? Occasionally I just think sod it and put the fire on for 20 minutes!
what is the (dole) ?
haha good question,i have only been on that for 2 weeks when i left school.since then i have held a good job. there is work out there.some just cba to go look or get out of bed in the morning and look.good question i would ask the same mate
Posted By: Zubee Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 13th Nov 2012 12:18am
Originally Posted by Morgan2012
what is the (dole) ?
some just cba to go look or get out of bed in the morning and look.

But most can be arsed and do. Mate.
To Clever1
am sure there are friggin jobs out there no questions asked.Its a case some cba to get out of bed to look as they cant get up out of bed to look for one. So depend on the benefit system.
what is the (dole) ?
some just cba to go look or get out of bed in the morning and look.

But most can be arsed and do. Mate.
The jobs are out there
Posted By: Zubee Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 13th Nov 2012 12:36am
No, they're not out there. I had 2 great full time jobs for 28 years (15yrs & 13yrs). I've been out of work for 8 months and believe me I've honestly done everything possible to get a job.

If I'm not told I'm 'over qualified' then it's because I don't have the specific qualifications or training they're looking for. (sometimes not possibale unless you've previously worked for the Council).

Yes I'm doing an evening college course to get some of the things they're looking for.

Don't tar us all with the same brush.
Not saying that Zubee,but what am saying you take anything thats going till you find what you want.
I did it and worked my up.Eg references if you get a good one its a start.sometimes we cant be choosy what we do its work and making a living.
Posted By: Zubee Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 13th Nov 2012 12:45am
Fair enough, but you need to accept that you don't know each individuals circumstances.
Fair enough, but you need to accept that you don't know each individuals circumstances.
yes i do respect that, but you must agree that most dont want to work???? I take it you do.
night night am up early myself off to work.
xmas is comming up alot of jobs going maybe full time in the future.
There are plenty of jobs, believe me.

This jobneeded character should spend as much time looking for a job as he does pissing and moaning on here.

If he put as much time into learning another skill he'd be a natural.
Posted By: reddragon Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 13th Nov 2012 10:58am
In true wiki spirit EVERYONE has tried to help this member so now its a case of let him get on with it
"Plenty of jobs"? What planet are YOU from?

Where ARE these jobs? The jobs you refer to are probably ones that require a specialised skill (e.g. managerial).

If there ARE plenty of jobs, then they are certainly not here on the Wirral, one of the WORST jobless blackspots in the UK.

I may get out of the dump in the new year. I cannot see any future for me here.
You MAY or MAY not. I'm guessing you MAY not. Too much ATTENTION for you here.

Where ARE these jobs? The jobs you refer to are probably ones that require a specialised skill (e.g. managerial).

If there ARE plenty of jobs, then they are certainly not here on the Wirral, one of the WORST jobless blackspots in the UK.

Hey mate, if you just take anything for now untill you get something better in the future.At least it will get you off the social. I take my hat off to ya if you can at least achieve that.
At least you want to work instead of sitting on your ass depending on benefits
Posted By: Zubee Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 29th Nov 2012 12:47am

Hey mate, if you just take anything for now untill you get something better in the future.At least it will get you off the social. I take my hat off to ya if you can at least achieve that.

I'd take my hat off to him too if he actually did anything. I defended and agreed with jobsneeded67 from the start of his threads (a few, all about similar things) but not ONCE has he responded to, or thanked, anybody who's given him good advice or the heads up on jobs available.

I think people are just fed up with most of his posts being rants about how shoit Wirral is and how nobody understands how hard it is.

He's been accused of being a troll which I thought was a bit harsh but I'm starting to wonder?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 29th Nov 2012 2:47am
Most posts? ALL fecking posts!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 29th Nov 2012 10:58am
It's so easy to give up and walk away. However, the artilleryman in Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of War of The Worlds had dug a tunnel scarcely 10 yards long but he never gave up. Ok, he was a nutter but I think there is a lesson for us all there.
Posted By: reddragon Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 29th Nov 2012 12:49pm
Nice one Paulwirral
Jobneeded67 just out of curiosity what type of job are you after?

If you are looking at a starter job nearly every high street will have jobs in the windows for temp/perm staff. And as plenty have said above Xmas brings a good few jobs with it that could become permanent. If I was you, I would take a walk and have a gander in shop windows, you never know you might see something you like.

I don't know how you feel having always been lucky enough to arrange a job before leaving a current one. But good luck and stop being so people are trying to help smile

And one more point the wirral is a great place. You just need to know where to look laugh
Posted By: ITbear Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 29th Nov 2012 2:23pm
My advice is to regester with asmany agencys as possable.
also, look on sites like cv library n just aply for anything you can do.
thats what i did andnow im working in salford 37.5 hours a week on ok (ish) pay. its a 2 hour commute to work every day but work is work.
MacDonalds are advertising jobs at the moment. Hard graft i know but its work.
And it is better than nothing.

I'd take my hat off to him too if he actually did anything. I defended and agreed with jobsneeded67 from the start of his threads (a few, all about similar things) but not ONCE has he responded to, or thanked, anybody who's given him good advice or the heads up on jobs available.

I think people are just fed up with most of his posts being rants about how shoit Wirral is and how nobody understands how hard it is.

He's been accused of being a troll which I thought was a bit harsh but I'm starting to wonder?
Totally agree with you.like i said he can get a job if he really tried. i did , and still on low wage and earn my keep.
I get the impression he is a young guy like myself and has alot going for him. Maybe like he said look further away from home.
some comments {example the one below yours}is very negative,

Most posts? ALL fecking posts!!!!

Originally Posted by ITbear
My advice is to regester with asmany agencys as possable.
also, look on sites like cv library n just aply for anything you can do.
thats what i did andnow im working in salford 37.5 hours a week on ok (ish) pay. its a 2 hour commute to work every day but work is work.
Well done mate.
Posted By: ITbear Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 29th Nov 2012 5:38pm
I think a lot of people are after specific jobs. You just need to be open minded in this day and age.
I was a shop manager then made redundent, I ended up a kitchen porter in a hotel in Chester, 20 miles away from home on a 24 hour contract. I hated it, the wage cut, the lack of respect from colleges and the abuse from management. I was back where I started when I left school at 16. I was there for 5 months until I got a job with Fujitsu. I was there for 2 years before being made redundent. Luckily I managed to get a job in Salford a week later.
Breaks are out there, u just need to grab them with both hands.
Posted By: SUExx Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 29th Nov 2012 6:29pm
Ive read all these comments, and yes there are some who are very negative and i doubt they have been in continuous employment like me for the last 20 years.
But i must admit im not sure were most of you get the idea there are many jobs out there when there are cuts left right and centre or many business folding altogether.
My son was interviewed for a job back in feb, he got the job and was given a start date, then the start date was moved to the following week which was all done by e mail. Then by chance on the thur night he checked his e mails to find one from his new job saying the job was no longer, so instead of starting his new job on the mon he had to sign back on the dole. We later found out the company had folded, so he got a job and lost it all in the space of 2 weeks.

It took another 8 months of applying for EVERY job under the sun before he finally got one.
If you applied yourself in school and further education then you'll walk into a job.

Problem is these people filling the unskilled jobs.
which Fujitsu did you work for my step son work for the one near birchwood and has been there for years
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 30th Nov 2012 3:39pm

Come again? Mc Donalds? Hard graft? You are joking, right?

confused
Originally Posted by BigBadBorisJ
If you applied yourself in school and further education then you'll walk into a job.

Problem is these people filling the unskilled jobs.

Well get you Professor.
I think I know where your head is.
noonoo
Posted By: ITbear Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 1st Dec 2012 11:45pm
Originally Posted by 2005wireman
which Fujitsu did you work for my step son work for the one near birchwood and has been there for years

I was nation wide, differnt office every week. Was working on several of there government contracts.
Originally Posted by _Ste_

confused
whats wrong with hard graft?thats what you get paid for.
i do hard craft not afraid of hard work.My nan allways says thats what wrong with society these days.Some dont know what hard work is probally that s why alot don t want to get out off of bed in the mornings as they don t want to work for there money, eh mate?
Originally Posted by _Ste_
[quote=Morgan2012]MacDonalds are advertising jobs at the moment. Hard graft i know but its work.
And it is better than nothing.[/q

confused
whats wrong with hard graft?thats what you get paid for.
i do hard craft not afraid of hard work.My nan allways says thats what wrong with society these days.Some dont know what hard work is probally that s why alot don t want to get out off of bed in the mornings as they don t want to work for there money, eh mate?

No chee burger for you, eh mate?
Certainly not,but someone got to start work somehow.reason is build there way up to better things,
better job,better wages,
I agree Morgy but a good edgamacation goes a long way. ( wish I'd applied myself in my younger years ) Too all the younger contributors on WikiWirral, it's not getting any better soon, so get stuck in.
Posted By: granny Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 2nd Dec 2012 1:41am
Originally Posted by softshoes
I agree Morgy but a good edgamacation goes a long way. ( wish I'd applied myself in my younger years ) Too all the younger contributors on WikiWirral, it's not getting any better soon, so get stuck in.

raftl
Disagree Softshoes. I think it's going to be brilliant and as a younger contributer on Wikiwirral, fully intend to start my own training school.
'Granny's Good Bartering Techniques'

So many people will be doing voluntary work, then why not?
e.g. "You give me your ' Big Mac ' and I'll roast you a chicken".
"Where did you get your chicken from?"
" The same fellow that cut up the Big Mac".
"What did you give him?"
"Half a field to keep his cows and chickens in".

If you have nothing to barter..you starve. Therefore everyone would need to learn survival skills. Another training course.

It's beginning to build up already. Can you see? What do you think comes next?

Posted By: SUExx Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 2nd Dec 2012 9:36am
Originally Posted by SUExx
Ive read all these comments, and yes there are some who are very negative and i doubt they have been in continuous employment like me for the last 20 years.
But i must admit im not sure were most of you get the idea there are many jobs out there when there are cuts left right and centre or many business folding altogether.
My son was interviewed for a job back in feb, he got the job and was given a start date, then the start date was moved to the following week which was all done by e mail. Then by chance on the thur night he checked his e mails to find one from his new job saying the job was no longer, so instead of starting his new job on the mon he had to sign back on the dole. We later found out the company had folded, so he got a job and lost it all in the space of 2 weeks.

It took another 8 months of applying for EVERY job under the sun before he finally got one.
Posted By: granny Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 2nd Dec 2012 11:09am
Originally Posted by granny

raftl
Disagree Softshoes. I think it's going to be brilliant and as a younger contributer on Wikiwirral, fully intend to start my own training school.
'Granny's Good Bartering Techniques'

So many people will be doing voluntary work, then why not?
e.g. "You give me your ' Big Mac ' and I'll roast you a chicken".
"Where did you get your chicken from?"
" The same fellow that cut up the Big Mac".
"What did you give him?"
"Half a field to keep his cows and chickens in".

If you have nothing to barter..you starve. Therefore everyone would need to learn survival skills. Another training course.

It's beginning to build up already. Can you see? What do you think comes next?

Here you are. Excellent idea and this has been operational for a few years. Borrow someones land to grow your own, and maybe share the produce. If anyone has tried it, how did it work out for you?

http://www.landshare.net/

Those in the rural, southern counties of this country, barter all the time. That's why some are so wealthy, they never spend any money.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 2nd Dec 2012 11:24am
Around this neck of the woods, the barter system is very much in use. Everyone has a skill, no matter how small or oddball, that someone else can make use of.

I've done a few odd jobs for folk hereabouts. Electrical/mechanical etc. No cash ever mentioned. A sack of spuds or some veg is mysteriously left on your doorstep during the night. A great way of doing things.
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
A sack of spuds or some veg is mysteriously left on your doorstep during the night.

Or even a horse's head in your bed?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 2nd Dec 2012 1:55pm
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
A sack of spuds or some veg is mysteriously left on your doorstep during the night.

Or even a horse's head in your bed?

I don't think I've upset anyone THAT much! shocked

haha well done, are you taking the mick mate or you with me or do you agree what i say?
my nan was the one who got me working . she would shout at me every morning {7.00am} get up and get a grip. funny enough i didn t apply for a job i went round places asking if there were any vacancies.thats how i got mine.
Good old nan.she was the one who has allways looked out for me.and it has really worked wonders.
Originally Posted by BandyCoot

noonoo

You'd be correct. It's in work.

Fact is that there are loads of jobs out there for people with something about them. I would hazard a guess that the majority of people who can't get jobs are unskilled and unqualified?

If you have something about you then you'll walk a job, and I maintain that. Problem is that there IS a shortage of jobs and the better people are taking jobs that are below them meaning that the lesser qualified people are struggling.

Paying the price for a lazy childhood/teenage years.
Posted By: Zubee Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 3rd Dec 2012 9:10am
Make your mind up Boris, your last post was contrary.

Firstly you say "Fact is that there are loads of jobs out there" then you say "Problem is that there IS a shortage of jobs".

???

Firstly you say "Fact is that there are loads of jobs out there" then you say "Problem is that there IS a shortage of jobs".

???

No contradiction there in the original, but you've made it appear so by abbreviating the first quote.
Posted By: granny Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 3rd Dec 2012 11:40am
Originally Posted by BandyCoot

noonoo

You'd be correct. It's in work.

Fact is that there are loads of jobs out there for people with something about them. I would hazard a guess that the majority of people who can't get jobs are unskilled and unqualified?

If you have something about you then you'll walk a job, and I maintain that. Problem is that there IS a shortage of jobs and the better people are taking jobs that are below them meaning that the lesser qualified people are struggling.

Paying the price for a lazy childhood/teenage years.

Maybe you could have said...those with qualifications are not able to find the jobs they are equipped to do and are therefore, stacking shelves in supermarkets,which are jobs usually available to the unskilled workers. So, do I understand you to mean those who are qualified have got 'nothing about them', as you put it?

Oh dear Boris, I think you'd be rather better advised not to do any guess work on this issue. The underlined above, seems a very arrogant statement to make but also shows us, that you are still quite immature, in your thought process.
Not to worry, stick with us and you will possibly learn more about life and how to deal with it.

???

No contradiction there in the original, but you've made it appear so by abbreviating the first quote.

Thanks.
Originally Posted by granny

Not to worry, stick with us and you will possibly learn something about things that you will never have to worry about.

Better grin
If you cant find work,then why not go to college or a training course.
for example,men can learn to do plumbing,electrics etc.
IF you cant find work then advertise that you have the skills to do these jobs.
And be your own boss.
veronica has a very good point a college course would do wonders for your CV as it would make you look like your are still willing to learn and maybe taking a chance on you wouldn't be a bad thing afer all.

I think to an employer, if you have been making yourself busy with courses etc while out of work. Will look great as it shows you haven't been idle for a extended period of time. And have been working hard to get back on the employment horse as it is!
Posted By: Dilly Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 3rd Dec 2012 1:59pm
Truth is the jobs are not out there, partly to do with the amount of foreign workers that are exploited to work for a pittance, and a lot to do with bad government . As for education and qualifications, I know someone who qualified as a teacher 4 -5 years ago and has yet to secure a permenant job. Problem is too many people not enough jobs, simple.
If only going on a course was the answer to the problem we'd all be laughing. I did a capstan setter/operator course, no job. Couldn't get a job unless I was in a Union and couldn't join a Union unless I had a job. Went as a bus conductor after that one, then driving.
Fibre Optics installation course, on the east coast, no job after that one, the firm stopped trading just as I'd qualified and paid for the course. Needed to go to Australia to get work in that field
Computer courses, I've got certificates up the Ying Yang but most of the systems are now defunct.
I tell you what, I'm not half glad that I am now retired. Good luck to anyone chasing a job out there. I was only ever out of work for 11 months though, which I found tough going. oldman
Bandy - You are probably right, having never really been out of work, I can't comment on the toughness of getting a job or lack of jobs out there.

Anyway hope you are enjoying your retirement. I only have another 40+ years to go.
Henders, it flies by believe me. Make sure you have a pensh sorted out. Certainly am enjoying it, out on the thrash again tonight.
Bandy - My dad made sure that was the first thing I do! I have been paying in to a pension for 8 years so far. Since I first got my proper job! Hoping to have a nice bit to retire on.

Where do you drink Bandy, if your that well off you can get me a pint or two smile
Originally Posted by Veronica_Blay

Why not women too?

Why not women too?
Yes females can also learn.
I actully saw a female working for Openreach,she was climbing up telegraph poles doing a mans job .well done to us females haha.

I actully saw a female working for Openreach,she was climbing up telegraph poles doing a mans job .

There you go again; why is it "a man's" job?
(Don't know why I'm suddenly on the equality bandwagon).

I actully saw a female working for Openreach,she was climbing up telegraph poles doing a mans job .

There you go again; why is it "a man's" job?

Never mind,does it matter? answer is no it dosen t if its a man s job or not.who cares haha.
Posted By: leylo Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 3rd Dec 2012 10:02pm
My son works just 13 hrs a week he has applied for lots of jobs. He ideally wanted an appretiship in ict but as he was qualified to level 3 he couldn't get funding so he's now applying to uni and will end up with debt. Hopefully it's the right decision to get a job.

Frustration at utter stupidity would be my guess.
Originally Posted by leylo
My son works just 13 hrs a week he has applied for lots of jobs. He ideally wanted an appretiship in ict but as he was qualified to level 3 he couldn't get funding so he's now applying to uni and will end up with debt. Hopefully it's the right decision to get a job.
well done, i bet your well proud of your son,
Nice to read positive comments on this thread.
Posted By: SUExx Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 4th Dec 2012 6:36pm

Posted By: leylo Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 4th Dec 2012 7:44pm
He's only applying Morgan2012 but fingers crossed he will get accepted x
I agree with you whats wrong with a woman on the pole
Originally Posted by leylo
He's only applying Morgan2012 but fingers crossed he will get accepted x
I do hope so, let us know how he gets on,Leylo

Are you trying to make some sort of point or just generally failing at internet use?
Posted By: SUExx Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 5th Dec 2012 10:33am
Oh at last,thank you. Thought my post were getting ignored, a acknowledgement or comment to my post was all i was looking for.
Oh at last,thank you. Thought my post were getting ignored, a acknowledgement or comment to my post was all i was looking for.

The natural reaction to most posts is to be ignored. You shouldn't expect an automatic acknowledgement of every post, and if anyone had any comment to make, they would have done so.
Posted By: SUExx Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 5th Dec 2012 12:04pm
I suppose the fact that I empathised with the people who have trouble getting a job as appose to the ones that think they should get off their arse when it is hard out there, just ask the people who have been made redundant from comet in the last week.

I said in my original post about my 21year old son getting a job and LOSING it before he even started it shows how difficult it is out there.

It seems anyone talking with experience of how difficult it is for everyone and especially teenagers out there, is getting ignored while some posters contribute nothing more then .... get off your arse comments.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 5th Dec 2012 3:04pm
I suppose the fact that I empathised with the people who have trouble getting a job as appose to the ones that think they should get off their arse when it is hard out there, just ask the people who have been made redundant from comet in the last week.

I said in my original post about my 21year old son getting a job and LOSING it before he even started it shows how difficult it is out there.

It seems anyone talking with experience of how difficult it is for everyone and especially teenagers out there, is getting ignored while some posters contribute nothing more then .... get off your arse comments.

Well said.
Posted By: SUExx Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 5th Dec 2012 4:23pm
Thank you Dilly, great to know there are some sane decent people out there who no what im talking about.

As a old hand on here its no wonder many other old members have now gone due to some new, thats if they are new members being so arrogant and thinking they know it all.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 5th Dec 2012 4:35pm
@SUExx How right you are! The arrogant, the abrasive and the ignorant seem to come and go - like the contents of a Septic Tank!
At least Septic Tanks DO have a use in this world !!
Thank you Dilly, great to know there are some sane decent people out there who no what im talking about.

As a old hand on here its no wonder many other old members have now gone due to some new, thats if they are new members being so arrogant and thinking they know it all.

Boris is a spiiiiiider!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by Henderson13
Bandy - My dad made sure that was the first thing I do! I have been paying in to a pension for 8 years so far. Since I first got my proper job! Hoping to have a nice bit to retire on.

Where do you drink Bandy, if your that well off you can get me a pint or two smile

laffinNice one Hendo but those I buy pints for, and there aint many of them belive me, know where I go for a bevvy.

Am sorry also if you think i was ignoring you Sue,but i truly wasn t.
I think i will go with Bandi and Henderson for a pint after reading all this haha.
Posted By: SUExx Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 5th Dec 2012 9:18pm
Well thanks to all that have acknowledged me and my posts, im happy now lol.
Just that when you contribute to a topic its nice to no your not invisible. It would of been nice for someone to say that it was great that my son now had a job even .

Congrats on your son getting his job Sue.
Posted By: granny Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 6th Dec 2012 12:53am

Sorry Suexx , I also ignored your post, but as it followed onto one of mine, the first two line of yours made me think you were having a go at me. So I chose to ignore. Must apologise for my bad behaviour.
Very pleased to know your son now has work.

Two of mine lost their jobs last week.
Posted By: SUExx Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 6th Dec 2012 7:43am
Thanks Granny and Morgan, no i was agreeing with what someone else said about negative comments.
Great to no though that we can all clear the air, and sorry about your two losing their jobs. I think its much worse these days then when i was a teenager in the 80,s.
Posted By: granny Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 6th Dec 2012 9:18am
Thankz. They aren't teenagers, one is qualified and working again this week.The other is waiting and it's his rent that's the killer, although he does have, an extremely understanding, landlord.

What I do think is absolutely awful now, is the fact that so many mature men, seem to be having to move back into their parents home. Men in their 30's.It's been happening for the last few years although it is getting worse.

Has anyone else found this to be happening?
Sorry Sue!

And granny, One of the lads I play footy with has moved back to his parents. Suprised when I found out as he is one of the older lads in the team and he just doesnt get enough work.

I am happy I have a secure place of employment (well as secure as they can be now days). Couldnt imagine living with my parents again, it would drive me bonkers!

Bandy ---- I will find out and when I do pints are on you laugh
I certainly know a large number of 'mature' people still living with parents. With the cost of property what it is then it's obviously going to be a struggle for those middle class chaps who don't get any government handouts whatsoever to make a move on the property ladder.

I can see the appeal of sitting on your arse and letting everyone look after you sometimes.

Posted By: Dilly Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 6th Dec 2012 12:18pm
I certainly know a large number of 'mature' people still living with parents. With the cost of property what it is then it's obviously going to be a struggle for those middle class chaps who don't get any government handouts whatsoever to make a move on the property ladder.

I can see the appeal of sitting on your arse and letting everyone look after you sometimes.

Boris be careful you don't fall off your high horse !
Originally Posted by Dilly

Has he got a horse or is it a donkey,Its all attention seeking,Dilly
Well it seems there will be alot of job cuts comming up after xmas. so there will be more chasing after one job.It is a disgrace this day and age.
Maybe some do have to go back and live with mummy and Daddy,But thats because of job losses.

Has he got a horse or is it a donkey,Its all attention seeking,Dilly
Well it seems there will be alot of job cuts comming up after xmas. so there will be more chasing after one job.It is a disgrace this day and age.
Maybe some do have to go back and live with mummy and Daddy,But thats because of job losses.

Spot the handout recipients...

Do you have to ride a high horse in order to avoid the handouts?

Spot the handout recipients...

Nasty and unjustified; you're turning out to be an unpleasant character.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 7th Dec 2012 7:26am
I receive no handouts as I work 6 days a week, but like a lot of decent people I have sympathy with those strugling to find work.
try to be nice Boris, you may even enjoy it !!!
I have little patience for those who spend their time moaning rather than doing something about it.

I can only comment based on my own personal experiences and those experiences tell me that a job, of some sort, is NOT a difficult thing to come by.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 7th Dec 2012 8:48am
I have little patience for those who spend their time moaning rather than doing something about it.

I can only comment based on my own personal experiences and those experiences tell me that a job, of some sort, is NOT a difficult thing to come by.

Let's hope you're never in some of these people's shoes.

It's not as easy as you may think!
Posted By: Dilly Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 7th Dec 2012 8:48am
Boris, I think you must have had a charmed life, wake up and join the real world !
Posted By: bert1 Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 7th Dec 2012 9:08am
Boris,
Can I encourage you, in fact appeal to you to open a job agency and do your country a great service and rid it of this modern day plague of unemployment. Can I also suggest you charge just £1 per person for this service and you can look forward to having over 2.5 million in your bank account in no time at all. I implore you to take up this challenge for which one day they may make you a saint.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 7th Dec 2012 9:57am
Originally Posted by bert1
Boris,
Can I encourage you, in fact appeal to you to open a job agency and do your country a great service and rid it of this modern day plague of unemployment. Can I also suggest you charge just £1 per person for this service and you can look forward to having over 2.5 million in your bank account in no time at all. I implore you to take up this challenge for which one day they may make you a saint.

Spot on Bert !
Posted By: granny Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 7th Dec 2012 11:25am

When people behave without compassion, they cease to be human beings. There is no happiness without compassion and you SillySadBorisJ must be a very lonely and sad person.
You have set out to upset people with your psychopathic attitudes and have waited for the ever increasing responses, which you feed off. I can see the games you play although, there are those whom you may hurt with your comments.
You may not really be this person whom you try to portray but, I believe one day, you will suffer such personal emotional pain, that your whole life will temporarily, if not permanently, cave in on you. Then I trust, there will be someone to listen and understand exactly how you feel, because emotional pain can eat you away from the inside and in turn,cause a multitude of problems.

In the meantime try todays 'Test for Psychopathy'

http://www.arkancide.com/psychopathy.htm

If it's not too much to ask, can you let us know your score please?
Boris, I think you must have had a charmed life, wake up and join the real world !
Well said,like before he just trolling and attention seeking.
anyway hope 2013 is good for job prospects.

I think you're being hard on Boris. When I suggested to him that his head might be stuck up his own duck run he categorically stated that it was at work.
laffin
Very good bit of spam there!
Unemployment drops by 18,000 in the last 3 months but there's no jobs...

Yoink.
Oh, that's just the North West.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 12th Dec 2012 4:59pm
Temporary Christmas work.

People on Workfare (unemployed but work 'voluntarily' on a Government scheme) or on a Back to Work programe are not included in unemployment figures.

Yoink.

Of course there are no jobs; 18,000 people have taken them all. frown

Yoink.

Haha that makes sense,Nothing like being one step ahead.

People on Workfare (unemployed but work 'voluntarily' on a Government scheme) or on a Back to Work programe are not included in unemployment figures.

September Christmas work?

Yoink.

Which leads back to a point I made earlier on in this thread...
Posted By: Dilly Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 13th Dec 2012 2:39pm
Do you know any of the alleged 18,000 ? Or is it just number crunching as all I heard of is people losing their jobs.
83,000 people have gained employment between August and October nationally, of which 18,000 were in the North West.

Yes, I know of a number of people who have got jobs recently, albeit skilled people.

Fascinating listening to Radio 2 this morning.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 13th Dec 2012 3:41pm

September Christmas work?
Yer, food factories take on temps from then.
I got my dates slightly mixed up, it was the 3 months August to October. Does the same apply?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 13th Dec 2012 4:25pm
I would say so.
Posted By: petzl Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 13th Dec 2012 9:47pm
Anyone else watch youtubes Chunkymark and his views on the goverment and the unemployment statistics? As far as im concerned he is pretty close to the truth. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZIFXzpGXVI

Please dont watch if easily offended!
Do you know any of the alleged 18,000 ? Or is it just number crunching as all I heard of is people losing their jobs.
Going to get worse mate.The social is smacking down on benefits as well. even them who rip the system saying they cant work.
maybe a system should come in that they need to work for the benefits they get.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 14th Dec 2012 1:39am
Slavery, then?
Cancer fighters, Stroke recovery people etc all working unpaid and thus replacing a real paid job.
Are they forced into work for their benefits?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 14th Dec 2012 4:33am
Are they forced into work for their benefits?
Yes, pretty much. Will put some links up ....
Posted By: jenscho Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 14th Dec 2012 4:40pm
Just seen that family bargains on rock retail park are taking on, someone applied and 2 hours later got a phone call offering him a full time job to start the next day! Apparantly you just take your CV in. Hope this may help someone smile
Originally Posted by jenscho
Just seen that family bargains on rock retail park are taking on, someone applied and 2 hours later got a phone call offering him a full time job to start the next day! Apparantly you just take your CV in. Hope this may help someone smile

It will undoubtedly help those that pretend they want a job!

Haha love the pretend bit.

Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 14th Dec 2012 11:21pm

As a 'Professional Dancer' how do you find work? Where do you work?
You are very lucky, or very talented. Very few talented dancers make it through, from this country- i just wonder why 'they' employed you, all the way from Sweden?

You are very lucky, or very talented. Very few talented dancers make it through, from this country- i just wonder why 'they' employed you, all the way from Sweden?

You seem to have a habit of trolling newbies,Dont you mate.If you don t like what you read don t comment or remark.
If you work then say something positive.And don t mock ones who work hard and achieve things.
Posted By: SUExx Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 15th Dec 2012 7:55am

You seem to have a habit of trolling newbies,Dont you mate.If you don t like what you read don t comment or remark.
If you work then say something positive.And don t mock ones who work hard and achieve things.

Not still going on is it, thought all that had stopped after all the trouble ages ago.

Totally agree. People should be given credit for working hard to achieve their goals.
Posted By: PLUSONE Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 16th Dec 2012 1:18am
??? Where's the trolling?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 16th Dec 2012 1:38am
Ddont start arguing again everyone.

smile
Posted By: PLUSONE Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 16th Dec 2012 1:54am
No intention of Ste. smile
Originally Posted by Fat_Dancer

Totally agree. People should be given credit for working hard to achieve their goals.

We agree on one thing.

Lovely stories they are to hear as well, so I'm genuinely interested.

its like a childs playground

look on gumtree and on job sites, the job centre because even though i have a job, ive looked through them 5 mins ago and found loads, not just ones with experience needed either.

people need to seriously grow up and act their ages.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 18th Dec 2012 4:34pm
Plenty of jobs going, I walked out on one job last night, and straight into 3 more in Birkenhead, if you drive there are plenty of jobs going, might be unsociable hours as i only work nights, but the money is good.
i agree with you too burger!
i agree with you too burger!
Posted By: petzl Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 19th Dec 2012 10:38am
Plenty of jobs going, I walked out on one job last night, and straight into 3 more in Birkenhead, if you drive there are plenty of jobs going, might be unsociable hours as i only work nights, but the money is good.

What type of driving jobs are you talking about exactly?
Posted By: leylo Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 1st Mar 2013 9:21pm
I commented on this thread back in December about my son applying to a foundation degree at Wirral met. Well the good news is he has been offered a place. At least hopefully once finished he will get a job :-)
Posted By: j_demo Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 1st Mar 2013 9:42pm

not even driving jobs, i'm in a job now and in our jobs bulletin there's loads going, but they are only taking applicants from within the trust.

unfortunately the old saying rings true: it's a lot easier to get a job, when you're in a job.
Posted By: swinds Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 7th Mar 2013 8:50pm
im currently looking for an apprentice - had 25 c.vs in the last week, and the amount of them who dont reply to your emails or answer the phone or even put the right details on the c.v are unreal...i rang one guy and said i would like to chat to him with regards the apprenticeship and was told ill come in next week or maybe the week after, ill see!!!...seems to me that most of the youngesters are happy to play on the consoles or facebook all day and dont even want a job anyways
Posted By: leylo Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 16th Mar 2013 7:08pm
I beg to differ to the posting above. I have two boys one is 20 and has now had to resort to doing a uni course. He applied to countless apprenticeships but because he was already educated to a level 3 couldn't get the funding from government. My other son is 16 and leaves school this summer and at present looking for an engineering apprenticeship but not got one as yet. There needs to be more out there for the young ones more apprenticeships like the old YTS schemes.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 18th Mar 2013 11:37am
Originally Posted by swinds
im currently looking for an apprentice - had 25 c.vs in the last week, and the amount of them who dont reply to your emails or answer the phone or even put the right details on the c.v are unreal...i rang one guy and said i would like to chat to him with regards the apprenticeship and was told ill come in next week or maybe the week after, ill see!!!...seems to me that most of the youngesters are happy to play on the consoles or facebook all day and dont even want a job anyways

don't they have to put in CV's and apply for jobs to get their benefits? It must be a bind when you're trying to give someone a chance and the system is skewed in that way.
what type of Apprentice are you looking for???? I may be able to help
Posted By: swinds Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 21st Mar 2013 6:25am
now had 70 applications - interviewed one lad yesterday and was told "ive applied for airbus aswell, and if i dont get that then ill work for you " they aint got a clue -

and with regards to the above , im looking for an engineering apprentice, we use cnc lasers and routers
"ive applied for airbus aswell, and if i dont get that then ill work for you "

I despair for humanity.
Posted By: granny Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 21st Mar 2013 11:22am
now had 70 applications - interviewed one lad yesterday and was told "ive applied for airbus aswell, and if i dont get that then ill work for you " they aint got a clue -

raftl raftl raftl
West Wallasey car and van hire are recruiting Drivers 2/3 days and valeters full time you must have driven for 10 years for drivers job.
West Wallasey car and van hire are recruiting Drivers 2/3 days and valeters full time you must have driven for 10 years for drivers job.

I can get anyone genuinely decent an intro into that as well...
Posted By: leylo Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 21st Mar 2013 8:45pm
Swinds were was this engineering apprenticeship advertised as my son is looking for one in engineering. He finishes school this summer. He is an average student and has helped out in a garage for over a year he is also studying engineering
Posted By: swinds Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 22nd Mar 2013 8:48am
was on the gov apprentice website - looking to take on now not waiting for a school leaver sorry
Originally Posted by MadonnaFan

I can get anyone genuinely decent an intro into that as well...

I will take your offer of an intro smile
How can be getting a job be hard.
In one week I changed jobs 3 times !!!!

I am now in a full time job and have no worries.

I just don't like it when people say there are NO jobs out there.

Be original and don't look where other people are looking as then you are up against competition.

Seriously though DO NOT fill out application forms on the internet it is a WASTE of time.

Get in your car (or on shanks' pony) and get out there with your CV

CV building......... Write something interesting to make you stand out.
Kind of like a big "PICK ME" on the top.

Maybe a strange language you learn or maybe you do morris dancing or enjoy knitting

Make something strange on your CV that stands out and propells the employer to want to interview you to find out more about you.

This way if and when you get the interview you can shine and because you have looked in "original places" you are up against less people.

I will give you a clue. The job I have got now was advertised for a whole MONTH and had had 3 sniffs on it.

I had at least a 1 in 3 chance of getting it which is better than a 1 in 500.

Hope this helps
Posted By: Sneezy Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 23rd Mar 2013 6:12pm
You really are full of yourself aren't you ??
Suppose you drove to all of the 3 jobs in a week on your snow tyres as well !!
Originally Posted by Sneezy
LOL!!!
Posted By: Katryn Re: Too Many People Chasing Each Job - I Give Up - 23rd Mar 2013 7:21pm

White smoke coming from Birkenhead Job Centre, they've found someone a job!

Originally Posted by Sneezy

WTF ????

I was trying to help out there

Nothing to do with me being full of myself.

But hey, if I can do it with my attitude, anyone can do it.

There are NO jobs at the jobcentre. People only go there for their dole money.

I know this from experience. My first appointment at the jobcentre the girl behind the desk said to me "what do you want to do ?" I said I am willing to do anything. Most of all I want to learn. Can you help with a college course possibly.

Their answer was simply "NO" there is only funding available to people who has been on JSA for more than 6 months. So she was encouraging me to stay on JSA for longer to get a free course.

So with that I walked away and went and got myself a job.

If I was full of myself why would I offer to genuinely help someone ?

Why didn't I just come on here and say "Get off your LAZY arse and get a job" because while YOU are on the dole I, THE TAX PAYER are paying for you to sit on your arse ??

Jobs ARE out there you just have to know where to look. Just be original. Asda and Tesco and the likes of these places are NOT original so you have less chance of getting your CV noticed. If more people are wanting that job the less chance you have of getting it.

Take a shopping centre for instance, everyone will walk into Topshop, River Island, M&S and ask if there are any jobs.
What about Build-A-Bear or the Lego shop or Tessuti or Lipsy

Smaller stores than no-one will think about and possibly walk past

It was a genuine help post NOT a p!ss take.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral