Forums
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Christmas Job Vacancies ? Any Luck - 17th Oct 2012 5:22pm
Are any of you having any luck with your Christmas job applications? Which firms are recruiting at present, and which have you been successful with?

I tried John Lewis - again - but got knocked back after attending their assessment day. Very demoralising.

CHRISTMAS JOB VACANCIES - ANY LUCK ANYBODY?
Posted By: corona Re: Christmas Job Vacancies ? Any Luck - 17th Oct 2012 6:09pm
redrock agency hamilton square are taking on now for tulip bromborough hope this helps

Posted By: Buffalo82 Re: Christmas Job Vacancies ? Any Luck - 17th Oct 2012 9:38pm
Primark should be taking on soon. Good luck
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: Christmas Job Vacancies ? Any Luck - 17th Oct 2012 9:38pm
good old Royal Mail are at it too
Posted By: cazzy78 Re: Christmas Job Vacancies ? Any Luck - 18th Oct 2012 5:12am
I know entertainer are takin on in lpool one,you might find a few shops around there will be doin the same.
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: Christmas Job Vacancies ? Any Luck - 19th Oct 2012 12:15am
Thanks for that.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Christmas Job Vacancies ? Any Luck - 21st Oct 2012 7:36am
Argos have taken on their christmas temps.

home bargain will be advertising in their shop windows soon
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Christmas Job Vacancies ? Any Luck - 22nd Oct 2012 2:01pm
home bargain liscard are taking one atm, you need to call in store
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: Christmas Job Vacancies ? Any Luck - 23rd Oct 2012 10:46am
Does anybody know if Marks & Spencer are still recruiting? If so, do you know what their recruitment process is (e.g. online test, role play)?
Posted By: Clever1 Re: Christmas Job Vacancies ? Any Luck - 23rd Oct 2012 8:34pm
M&S very long online application, ditto NEXT, ditto H Samuel - FOR A XMAS TEMP JOB mad Sainsbury ask for post code, show jobs & when you click apply the message is that you live more than 10miles away - WTF. PRIMARK specify retail experience on first page grin Breweries want 'an example of how you've worked in a team' not more than 100 words - this for barman, sorry person, oops I mean associate! Post office, must be able to chuck sacks & push 1/4 ton trolley.
Posted By: dave_h Re: Christmas Job Vacancies ? Any Luck - 24th Oct 2012 9:16am
Originally Posted by Jobneeded67
Does anybody know if Marks & Spencer are still recruiting? If so, do you know what their recruitment process is (e.g. online test, role play)?

dont work there, gang of turbo gobshites... end of rant
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: Christmas Job Vacancies ? Any Luck - 26th Oct 2012 12:48pm
These employers are making it harder and harder for us to get jobs by forcing us to jump through all these ridiculous hoops (e.g. lengthy online app forms, stupid role plays etc.). I HATE them, especially when I think that they are demanding all this rubbish just for, say, a sales assistant job!

Something has gone seriously wrong with this country when you see employers adapting these utterly crazy methods of recruiting.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Christmas Job Vacancies ? Any Luck - 27th Oct 2012 7:56am
I think what they are doing is making it easier for themselves to sort out who REALLY wants a job from those who are just going through the motions to satisfy the job centre and making up their number of applications.
It not set out to deliberatly p1ss you or anyone off.
Of course you may think differently.
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: Christmas Job Vacancies ? Any Luck - 27th Oct 2012 11:08am
But there are a LOT of people who seriously want a job - like me, for instance - who hate having to complete these ridiculously long, ultra selective app forms.

As I say, love these tests or loathe them, they are still making it exceedingly difficult for us to get a job.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Christmas Job Vacancies ? Any Luck - 27th Oct 2012 2:04pm
Originally Posted by Jobneeded67
I HATE them, especially when I think that they are demanding all this rubbish just for, say, a sales assistant job!

Don't you realise that even the most junior sales assistant is a very important member of the business? It's that junior assistant who makes first contact with the potential customer and the impression they make can determine whether a sale results, and maybe that will lead to further business. It's called creating customer loyalty. Don't denigrate the value of the sales assistant.

Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Christmas Job Vacancies ? Any Luck - 27th Oct 2012 2:06pm
With respect............. the forms are not stopping anyone or making it difficult for anyone to get a job.
The forms are assisting the potential employer by sifting those that CBA from those who can't.
I get that it is frustrating, boring, time consuming etc but so is wading through 1000's of "gis a job" letters.
Just because someone applies for a job it doesn't mean that they are entitled to it.
At times work is frustrating, boring and time consuming - the end justifes the means
I'm sure we'd all be amazed as to how much of a person's attitude shows through on one of these tests and maybe understand why so many end up in the "no" pile
Posted By: Clever1 Re: Christmas Job Vacancies ? Any Luck - 28th Oct 2012 6:55pm
I completed a number of applications and came to the conclusion that they're looking for people with marketing degrees to tidy work stations and look busy when it isn't. All for minimum wage. No thank you.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Christmas Job Vacancies ? Any Luck - 28th Oct 2012 6:58pm
...........Yeah no sweat!!! I'll carry on working my @rse off, paying my taxes so you have the right to turn down work because it is not to your liking.
lamethrower
Posted By: Clever1 Re: Christmas Job Vacancies ? Any Luck - 28th Oct 2012 7:07pm
When? Did I say that I was collecting any sort of benefit paid for by your taxes, or "going through the motions" to satisfy the JobCentre. I'm a professional with my own practice and contribute my share to the fiscus.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Christmas Job Vacancies ? Any Luck - 28th Oct 2012 7:19pm
Originally Posted by Clever1
When? Did I say that I was collecting any sort of benefit paid for by your taxes, or "going through the motions" to satisfy the JobCentre. I'm a professional with my own practice and contribute my share to the fiscus.

Fair point. I made an assumption for which I apologise
Posted By: missj Re: Christmas Job Vacancies ? Any Luck - 31st Oct 2012 7:25pm
http://www.wphomes.org.uk/jobs.aspx

Just saw this on a totally unrelated site on FB so thought I'd share, Mobile cleaner, 37 hrs, 7.70ph for Wirral Partnership Homes. Good luck to all the job seekers.
Posted By: reddragon Re: Christmas Job Vacancies ? Any Luck - 1st Nov 2012 11:42am
Mark can this topic be merged with this one #729838 - 2nd Oct 2012 1:52pm as both are basically the same by the same starter and that way replies will all be in one place Thanks
© Wirral-Wikiwirral