Forums
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Get Out Of Merseyside If You Want A Job? - 2nd Oct 2012 2:06pm
Are there any Wirral folk here are so fed up with fruitless jobhunting in this Godforsaken area and are now seriously contemplating looking in a different part of the country for work? This has to be the WORST place in the UK for jobs. None of these blasted employers ever reply. There is scant opportunity to better yourself (huh, that's a laugh - "better yourself" in a jobs desert like the Wirral!).

I WANT TO GET OUT OF WIRRAL NOW! I just feel as if I am rotting away here, with no job and no prospects. It is just HORRIBLE.

A Disgusted Merseysider.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Get Out Of Merseyside If You Want A Job? - 2nd Oct 2012 2:39pm
That's exactly what I did in 1976, come back now I've retired. Make a decision and go for it but do some research on where you're going first, it's no use going to a location which is as bad as this one job-wise.
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Get Out Of Merseyside If You Want A Job? - 2nd Oct 2012 2:52pm
Come to Canada young man. Tons of jobs here.
Posted By: granny Re: Get Out Of Merseyside If You Want A Job? - 2nd Oct 2012 3:18pm
If you don't have a family to disrupt, I wouldn't even think twice about it. If you have, then they have to be consdered. It's good to get out of it.What have you got to loose? Everything to gain I should think and you can always come back again,if you should ever want to.
Do it!
Your posts over the weeks and months are becoming more and more desperate. I think you are right, you are so unhappy that you will have to look elsewhere. Do you have skills in a particular business? You could search nationally for somewhere where that particular business is doing well?

Good luck with your endeavours.
I lived in birkenhead for 40 years then i meet a wonderful women 'Now my wife ' and its the best thing i ever did.I now live in warrington

It hurts me to say that my home town is now had its days
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Get Out Of Merseyside If You Want A Job? - 2nd Oct 2012 4:46pm
I have to agree with some of the others. If you have no ties go for it. Something that will give you bed and board so you can save to move on perhaps. If you are free then the world is your oyster.
Posted By: doolze Re: Get Out Of Merseyside If You Want A Job? - 2nd Oct 2012 7:29pm
I left in 2008, in the 80s I had to move to London for work, I returned to Wirral four years later after securing myself a job. When that fell apart twenty two years later I moved again, I live in a calm, friendly village in Lincolnshire now. I return home when I can to see family. The slower pace here has literally saved my life. I have fond memories of Wirral, miss family there.......but. If you can get out, run, run for your life. Good luck.
Posted By: Zubee Re: Get Out Of Merseyside If You Want A Job? - 2nd Oct 2012 9:28pm
Originally Posted by doolze
I left in 2008, in the 80s I had to move to London for work, I returned to Wirral four years later after securing myself a job. When that fell apart twenty two years later I moved again, I live in a calm, friendly village in Lincolnshire now. I return home when I can to see family. The slower pace here has literally saved my life. I have fond memories of Wirral, miss family there.......but. If you can get out, run, run for your life. Good luck.

I truly adore the Wirral doolze, but I will admit to a slight pang of envy for where/how you're living now smile
Posted By: DJDuck Re: Get Out Of Merseyside If You Want A Job? - 2nd Oct 2012 10:11pm
Always lived in Merseyside, went to sch, uni etc here and got a really good teaching job here too. Don't see what the fuss is about really.
Posted By: Zubee Re: Get Out Of Merseyside If You Want A Job? - 2nd Oct 2012 10:46pm
Originally Posted by DJDuck
Always lived in Merseyside, went to sch, uni etc here and got a really good teaching job here too. Don't see what the fuss is about really.

I'm genuinely pleased for you DJ smile But you don't understand 'What all the fuss is about' because you HAVE a job. When you're unemployed and over qualified (office jobs) and under qualified (fork lift truck drivers) then you're entitled to to be a tad p*s**d off.
Posted By: jpharrison Re: Get Out Of Merseyside If You Want A Job? - 2nd Oct 2012 11:19pm
Applying to jobs in liverpool is a good option though, especially as its became easier to travel around and to n from there
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Get Out Of Merseyside If You Want A Job? - 2nd Oct 2012 11:41pm
The population of The Wirral has been fallen since the early 1970's as more and more people, especially the younger generation, leave to find work elsewhere.

Just a simple fact.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Get Out Of Merseyside If You Want A Job? - 3rd Oct 2012 7:13am
Originally Posted by Jobneeded67
Are there any Wirral folk here are so fed up with fruitless jobhunting in this Godforsaken area and are now seriously contemplating looking in a different part of the country for work? This has to be the WORST place in the UK for jobs. None of these blasted employers ever reply. There is scant opportunity to better yourself (huh, that's a laugh - "better yourself" in a jobs desert like the Wirral!).

I WANT TO GET OUT OF WIRRAL NOW! I just feel as if I am rotting away here, with no job and no prospects. It is just HORRIBLE.

A Disgusted Merseysider.
Here you go Clicky
Posted By: granny Re: Get Out Of Merseyside If You Want A Job? - 3rd Oct 2012 10:50am

http://www.careerbuilder.co.uk/Article/CB-176-Job-Search-Britains-best-cities-for-jobs/
Posted By: granny Re: Get Out Of Merseyside If You Want A Job? - 3rd Oct 2012 11:11am

http://www.ports.org.uk/index.asp

A list of every port in the UK. Might be helpful to give some idea of where you may like to go.
Posted By: briandag Re: Get Out Of Merseyside If You Want A Job? - 5th Oct 2012 3:07pm
I am right there with you, I am a fully qualified forklift instructor/examiner and cant even get a job driving one!!!
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Get Out Of Merseyside If You Want A Job? - 5th Oct 2012 6:40pm
Originally Posted by Zubee
Originally Posted by doolze

I truly adore the Wirral doolze, but I will admit to a slight pang of envy for where/how you're living now smile

Had to giggle at that one Zubes, I'm back over here from Lincolnshire (Sleaford). Lincolnshire's ok if you are busy, if you are not working it can be death by a thousand cuts. Public transport practically none existant. The locals are good though, even if most of them are outsiders too.
Posted By: Zubee Re: Get Out Of Merseyside If You Want A Job? - 5th Oct 2012 7:39pm
I've been to Lincoln and stayed in Sleaford a few times, I didn't get to see much because my visits were work related. But I thought Lincoln city centre and in particular the cathedral were lovel The surrounding rural areas must be quite isolating though.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Get Out Of Merseyside If You Want A Job? - 6th Oct 2012 6:46pm
Even Sludge was only a one street town, although the locals get upset when you say. Once the main street is blocked you're goosed. I did enjoy it there though until I retired and then it was a no brainer to move on. I still go over there now and again, my kids stayed there for a kick off. Still made welcome and still like the local Marquis of Granby in Northgate, Wetherspoons isn't bad either. Basically that is about it. My brother always said, and he was only semi joking I think, that Lincolnshire must be shoit because nobody lives there.
Posted By: feisort Re: Get Out Of Merseyside If You Want A Job? - 8th Oct 2012 2:18pm
do it!

I grew up on the ford estate, I now live and work in new zealand, although I still love coming home, back for 2 weeks at the moment.
Posted By: OutlawBlues Re: Get Out Of Merseyside If You Want A Job? - 11th Oct 2012 10:29am
I am far more qualified than a friend of mine and probably have more experienced than her, think she lives in loughborogh now (excuse the spelling) and she is getting loads of job offers, for jobs that just arn't going in merseyside or want far more experience/ different specific quallifications. I considered moving when I first left uni but right now my partner has started his own business so cant move due to contacts and building a reputation and I am not willing to leave him or attempt a long distance relationship. I think if it wasn't for that I deffinatly would leave for a few uears just to gain experience else where to get a job here.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral