Forums
Posted By: GinaDee123 Job needed for my husband - 3rd Jun 2012 8:15pm
Hi all. My husband is a time served fully qualified joiner\builder. He has recently been laid off and we are desperately trying to find him some work. If anyone knows of anyone taking on please let me know. Thankypu veey mich. Gina :-)
Posted By: j_demo Re: Job needed for my husband - 4th Jun 2012 9:38am
my stepdad's in the exact same position, he's actually now travelling to manchester every day for work... and it's only a week-by-week contract
Posted By: Nienna Re: Job needed for my husband - 4th Jun 2012 10:42am
Yep... my OH is in the same position... it seems dire out there.
Again only limited contracts offered.. some only asking for a week..or even just a day's work.
Plus a lot asking for multi skilled...ie they dont just want a fully qualified man in one trade ie joinery.. they want him to be fully qualifed in plumbing and electrics too and for that they still pay a pittance.

My OH is grateful for anything but it is so soul destroying getting a bit of work and then nothing for ages again, as there seems to be no long term employment in his field any more.
He has also had to travel long distances and with the pay offered being not as good as it was as the firms cant afford to pay higher and with the costs of petrol and sometimes tunnel charges etc you end up being skint still.

Still my OH is desperate for anything.
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: Job needed for my husband - 4th Jun 2012 12:25pm
is anyone self-employed? try jbc on 0151 559 7630. they doing a lot for wirral parsnip homes
Posted By: GinaDee123 Re: Job needed for my husband - 5th Jun 2012 8:29am
Oh thankyou smile will give them a try
Posted By: GinaDee123 Re: Job needed for my husband - 5th Jun 2012 8:32am
And nienna and jawide its so hard isnt it. Theres just nothing out there!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral