Forums
Posted By: julie253 JOBS - NEW BRIGHTON - HOME BARGAIN - 20th Oct 2011 9:05am
Just thought I would put this on the grapevine - went to the new Morrisons and the end unit by the sea wall has a notice in it that it will be taken by HOme Bargain. There are jobs listed in the window for manager, deputy manager etc.
Posted By: Chorizo Re: JOBS - NEW BRIGHTON - HOME BARGAIN - 20th Oct 2011 9:11am
Really? Disappointed in this I was hoping there would be restaurants and bars there. Home bargains is a massive let down!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: JOBS - NEW BRIGHTON - HOME BARGAIN - 20th Oct 2011 9:13am
Home bargains is a top shop, 39p for a 500ml bottle of pepsi, were everyone else charges £1+ for it.......
Posted By: NewBrighton Re: JOBS - NEW BRIGHTON - HOME BARGAIN - 20th Oct 2011 9:18am
Jobcentre website:

Sales Assistant

Job No:WAD/25819
Employer Reference:SA/NEWBRIGHTONSOC Code:7111
WageMEETS NATIONAL MINIMUM WAGE
Hours20+ PER WEEK, BETWEEN MON-SUN, BETWEEN 7AM-7PM
LocationNEW BRIGHTON CH45
DurationPermanent
Date posted18 October 2011

Previous experience is ideal. Duties will include operating a till, stock replenishment, cash handling and other related tasks as required. Other duties include key holding, cash office responsibilities, till enquiries and assisting management in the smooth running of the store 5 weeks, 3 days holiday pro rata per year. Download employer application form at www.tjmorris.co.uk/jobsOpens new window (unless Javascript disabled) or e-mail CV to employer. DO NOT CONTACT EMPLOYER BY E-MAIL FOR APPLICATION FORM.
Posted By: NewBrighton Re: JOBS - NEW BRIGHTON - HOME BARGAIN - 20th Oct 2011 9:22am
Jobcentre website has a load of jobs dated 18/10/2011 for New Brighton.

Jobs are:

General Manager
Restaurant Supervisor
Kitchen Supervisor
Grill Chef
Line Chef
Waiting Staff
Kitchen Porter
Food Server
Bar Tender
Posted By: Chorizo Re: JOBS - NEW BRIGHTON - HOME BARGAIN - 20th Oct 2011 9:38am
Originally Posted by Sanchez
Home bargains is a top shop, 39p for a 500ml bottle of pepsi, were everyone else charges £1+ for it.......

Yes I'm not arguing the fact its good for bargains but for a brand new development I was expecting alot more from these units. I've heard there will be a nandos there which is more along the line of places I expected.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: JOBS - NEW BRIGHTON - HOME BARGAIN - 20th Oct 2011 10:35am
Ahh you were hoping for a few decent restaurants etc etc. I suppose the outlets go to the highest bidder, but a good mix would be nice!
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: JOBS - NEW BRIGHTON - HOME BARGAIN - 20th Oct 2011 10:43am
why the hell would we need a home and bargain next a supermarket?
Posted By: Garygadge Re: JOBS - NEW BRIGHTON - HOME BARGAIN - 20th Oct 2011 10:51am
More to the point.... Why not?
Hasn't New Brighton/Wallasey already got enough pubs!
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: JOBS - NEW BRIGHTON - HOME BARGAIN - 20th Oct 2011 10:53am
if there is a cinema and bowling down there, places to eat and drink afterweards is more ideal for the area, especially in the summer when its going to be nice
Posted By: Garygadge Re: JOBS - NEW BRIGHTON - HOME BARGAIN - 20th Oct 2011 10:57am
Bowling already exists, yes there is a cinema, a cafe in morrisons and I believe other places are opening to eat and drink, along with others already there.
Posted By: julie253 Re: JOBS - NEW BRIGHTON - HOME BARGAIN - 20th Oct 2011 12:33pm
I think the restaurants and bars will be overlooking the lake. Personally I quite like the store, esp for canned and bottled drinks for the kids etc, cat litter and crisps. Everywhere else is more than double the price. And its free parking so we dont have to pay when we go to Liscard.
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: JOBS - NEW BRIGHTON - HOME BARGAIN - 20th Oct 2011 12:38pm
but its just not very classy as a shop for down there it is more suited to liscard were its full of pound and discount shops
Posted By: NewBrighton Re: JOBS - NEW BRIGHTON - HOME BARGAIN - 20th Oct 2011 1:00pm
Might not be classy but they sell affordable beach items in summer, buckets and spades, kiddies armbands, goggles, inflatables, body boards and wet suits.

Plus they will make a fortune on kites for the Wirral Kite weekend.

Posted By: _Ste_ Re: JOBS - NEW BRIGHTON - HOME BARGAIN - 20th Oct 2011 1:09pm
why is this in the news section?

MODS?
Posted By: julie253 Re: JOBS - NEW BRIGHTON - HOME BARGAIN - 20th Oct 2011 2:09pm
lol - i started it and just clicked on new topic so i guess its my fault. Sorry!!
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: JOBS - NEW BRIGHTON - HOME BARGAIN - 20th Oct 2011 2:11pm
shame on u julie haha, it will get moved don't worry
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: JOBS - NEW BRIGHTON - HOME BARGAIN - 20th Oct 2011 2:14pm
Originally Posted by julie253
lol - i started it and just clicked on new topic so i guess its my fault. Sorry!!
No worries, just wondered why it was still here. wink
Posted By: AlexB Re: JOBS - NEW BRIGHTON - HOME BARGAIN - 20th Oct 2011 2:17pm
A lot of the lake facing units have applied for planning consent for restaurant/bar use - so there will be a few.
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: JOBS - NEW BRIGHTON - HOME BARGAIN - 20th Oct 2011 2:21pm
i really look forward to drinking a frappacinno whilst over looking the lake on a nice warm day that will be awsome
Posted By: free_spirit Re: JOBS - NEW BRIGHTON - HOME BARGAIN - 20th Oct 2011 2:48pm
Originally Posted by julie253
Just thought I would put this on the grapevine - went to the new Morrisons and the end unit by the sea wall has a notice in it that it will be taken by HOme Bargain. There are jobs listed in the window for manager, deputy manager etc.

the managers jobs, assistant manager and supervisor jobs went in sept, they have all of them ready just waiting for start date...
just didn't want ppl building hopes up for jobs that ain't there...sorry
Posted By: polo_phil Re: JOBS - NEW BRIGHTON - HOME BARGAIN - 20th Oct 2011 2:50pm
Originally Posted by HistoricalTony
i really look forward to drinking a frappacinno whilst over looking the lake on a nice warm day that will be awsome

and watching some numpty jumping off the railings into the lake?
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: JOBS - NEW BRIGHTON - HOME BARGAIN - 20th Oct 2011 2:55pm
Originally Posted by polo_phil

haha at least it should be a bit cleaner in there now, good plac to catch crabs without sexual activity haha
Posted By: julie253 Re: JOBS - NEW BRIGHTON - HOME BARGAIN - 20th Oct 2011 3:08pm
have slapped my wrist !!
Posted By: paulph1972 Re: JOBS - NEW BRIGHTON - HOME BARGAIN - 20th Oct 2011 3:34pm
Originally Posted by polo_phil

haha at least it should be a bit cleaner in there now, good plac to catch crabs without sexual activity haha

not been to a good plac in a while......
Posted By: torryman Re: JOBS - NEW BRIGHTON - HOME BARGAIN - 20th Oct 2011 3:55pm
If these topics aren't on the columns to the left or right of the "front page", I think people a lot of the time miss them, I only spot stories about pubs etc. when they're on the "front page" a lot of the posts stick around for days on end when they possibly don't warrant it....anyone agree?
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: JOBS - NEW BRIGHTON - HOME BARGAIN - 20th Oct 2011 6:47pm
Originally Posted by torryman
If these topics aren't on the columns to the left or right of the "front page", I think people a lot of the time miss them, I only spot stories about pubs etc. when they're on the "front page" a lot of the posts stick around for days on end when they possibly don't warrant it....anyone agree?

You're better to click on Active Topics - then you'll the latest threads / posts.

Yes I know this is offtopic , just answering the question
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: JOBS - NEW BRIGHTON - HOME BARGAIN - 21st Oct 2011 11:13pm
Originally Posted by Garygadge
More to the point.... Why not?
Hasn't New Brighton/Wallasey already got enough pubs!

Quite right we need more pound shops, kebab houses and charity shops. I hate walking to liscard, charity / pound capital Of the uk.

In case anyone is unaware this is a piss take. A multi millionpound development that had ruined the skyline of new Brighton on a fake promise of a new attraction being created (out door pool and gym) which has now been scrapped. It's just a matter of time before it becomes a lidl. It's a joke. Too many people have received brown envelopes on this project, I would love to get in to it and discover how this mess happened. Be a few councellors and mp's looking at jail time I think.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral