Forums
Posted By: WLH27 child tax credits - 5th Sep 2011 7:58pm
hey all

im not sure if this is in the right place so sorry if its not...

im due to start a new job this month and was wondering if i still get tax credits for working under 16 hours or weather it still gets taken off me?

my hubby works full time and we still get it but wasnt sure with the extra 11 hours would it be taken away...

any ideas?

xx
Posted By: Blazeparadox Re: child tax credits - 5th Sep 2011 8:09pm
Hi there....If you go on the tax credits web site, (google) there is a calculator on there, it can tell you approx what you would be entitled to, depending on your input. Hope this helps you smile I've used it, it's a pain to put everything in, but it's pretty accurate..and I think you can save your calculation. Failing this your local Job Centre should be able to do exactly the same thing.

Good Luck smile
Posted By: SilentReader Re: child tax credits - 5th Sep 2011 10:13pm
If you get child benefits your can now claim working tax credits as the title states child tax this will be paid up to your childrens 16th birthday but can keep claiming if the continue further education or if your income exceeds the threshold this will be when it would stop, working tax is always based on your last years earning but to get the best idea google turn2us a brilliant all round bens calculator I use this a lot in my day job
© Wirral-Wikiwirral